Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are all the problems with this system you have seen?

This is a discussion on What are all the problems with this system you have seen? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I want to make a list of all the problems with the PS VITA, so then I can think about ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What are all the problems with this system you have seen?

I want to make a list of all the problems with the PS VITA, so then I can think about buying it. Hopefully there's not too many, because I was going to go pick it up next weekend.
    So what are all the problems you've came up with so far?

Resident PHD

Had mine for a month, no problems yet.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have the 3G/wifi model. (well worth the extra dough) I did have mine freeze up when i was trying to get to the att site to activate the 3g from the vita. heard it was a firmware issue so make sure you have the most current firmware before getting to far into apps and games. it will ask you during setup so make sure to have a internet connection and set it up.

INTJ

mine freezes and crashes at least once a day

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    ouch...any idea wtf is causing it to do that?
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Almost sounds like my sounds my PS3 XD

I don't have a Vita (yet) myself I've heard people claim that their vita's would get the Blue light of death, but it's easily remedied just by doing a few specific button presses. There was a video someone had linked that teaches you how to do it. The are solutions out there.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    ouch...any idea wtf is causing it to do that?
    usually happens when i put it to sleep.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've only had mine since the 22nd, but I've been playing it 4-6 hours a day, and haven't encountered any issues, except for Super Stardust Delta... but I'm getting that worked on with PS Support, so hopefully that will be working within the next week. Perfectly happy with my Vita otherwise.

Resident Deadhead

had no idea about this "blue light of death." a little digging found me this....

PS Vita’s Blue light of death needs firmware update fix asap | PR
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yer i had a lock up but i recon its becuse i used all the memory up on the card i had a 4 gig its way to little need a 16 gig but wen i was takeing a pic i just went dead .. ps buttion flashed light blue thats it ... so read ps360s fix and i havent let the memory get low synce and iv had no lockups ... outher than hat no problems ...GET one asap befor there gone ...and sony fixes it with a update lol

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think a lot of people are confusing the power save sleep feature with this so called Blue Light Of Death. When you screen goes black and the PS button starts flashing blue that is not the Vita messing up on you. Simply press the ps button twice, and then pull the screen down. If you go into your settings you can change the sleep feature to wait longer periods of time before going to sleep.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hay bro yer iv had every ps out bud i kinda know what functions are there.. and many new items have a sleep mode were talking about freezen up no buttion works no pic nufn ...... but you could be right there maybe noobs out there that have never had a handheld device oh wate 2012 na we all have ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Mine only froze a lot when I first started to set it up. Especially when I tried Content Manager. Oh God. -_-

But it's been great ever since besides the app errors.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

great! sounds like i'm getting it, not really any big problems, i can get the updates and stuff done on the first day...

1 more question, can u have multiple accounts for the VITA?
    Last edited by BigBoySilva; 02-27-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a couple of problems with mine so far (could be for everyone too).

1. Near doesn't work properly. As in, whenever I check people's profiles when they are listed in my radius and then go look at the next person's profile there's always an error (C2-12497-3). After the error happens, nothing else in Near works and then I have to close down the application in order to make it work again.

2. Facebook app doesn't work at all. Actually it worked a total of "1 Time" and then it never worked afterwards. I tried resetting everything and I even re-downloaded it but does not work anymore. It gives this "NP-13144-3" error every single time. (I'm wondering if everyone has this problem). Tried it out with two PS Vitas already and was the same result... error.
    Last edited by Satiety; 02-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Satiety View Post
    2. Facebook app doesn't work at all. Actually it worked a total of "1 Time" and then it never worked afterwards. I tried resetting everything and I even re-downloaded it but does not work anymore. It gives this "NP-13144-3" error every single time. (I'm wondering if everyone has this problem). Tried it out with two PS Vitas already and was the same result... error.
    According to Sony, thats a Facebook issue (Sony pulled the app from the store for that reason.) No idea on when an update gets pushed out but meh.

I haven't had any issues with mine except for a couple times trying to connect to my wireless but that was a router issue. Need to make Near a little easier to use though.

Just a heads up, always a good idea to check updates first thing for both retail and digital games. Surprised me today when I downloaded PvZ from the store and there was an update. Figured it would have came along for the ride.
    Last edited by air_beagle; 02-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by air_beagle View Post
    According to Sony, thats a Facebook issue (Sony pulled the app from the store for that reason.) No idea on when an update gets pushed out but meh.

I haven't had any issues with mine except for a couple times trying to connect to my wireless but that was a router issue. Need to make Near a little easier to use though.
    Oh wth! I didn't even notice it was gone from the store! I re-downloaded it using the Download list that's why. Oh well, there's always your cell phone for facebook xP

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I had it for almost an week and so far no problems at all. I'm loving it so far. Just wished the download list let me download my Yuna Outfit and FF 4,6,9, and 13 battle them for FF-DD 012.
    Lord Fenton
    Gaming since the days of Kings Quest 3

Working On: Dungeon Defenders and Batman:AC(PS3) and Borderlands (PC Steam) til I start round 2 of my BG:EE good guy this time.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimFenton

Resident Deadhead

ya bought mine yesterday and its awesome. no issues so far but ill let ppl know if shit hits the fan

PRO Member

So far only problems been with FIFA crashing very occasionally. Uncharted and Everybody's Golf run fine. All the built in features been ok to date.

Only other issue are my fingers are waaaaaayyy to fat for the touchscreen
    smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Breakfast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast