Future Cross-Play Trophy Question

This is a discussion on Future Cross-Play Trophy Question within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As we all now know, while your trophy count will go up with Vita trophies, they do not (yet) show ...

PRO Member

Future Cross-Play Trophy Question

As we all now know, while your trophy count will go up with Vita trophies, they do not (yet) show up on your PS3.

My question is: what's going to happen when Cross-Play games start coming out???
    For example, let's say I start a game of MLB12 on PS3, then finish it on Vita and earn some sort of trophy, where will it register? Vita list? PS3 list? Both? Neither?

Further, will there be 2 separate, identical trophy lists for these games?

For those of us that are into trophies, these are interesting questions. Any insight?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Lol, interesting thought. I think it's whatever the game was bought under.

Like Did you buy the game on the Vita? Then the trophies go on the Vita.
    Did you buy it for the PS3? Then the it goes under the PS3 Trophies.

It makes sense to me...

PRO Member

My guess would be the trophies register on the whatever system they pop on. But my bigger question is about the trophy lists themselves. If someone is going for a plat, are they going to need to do it all on one system or the other?

It would suck to put in a lot of time on both and have the necessary trophies for a plat between the 2, only to end up with two half-completed trophy lists.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by vito72 View Post
    My guess would be the trophies register on the whatever system they pop on. But my bigger question is about the trophy lists themselves. If someone is going for a plat, are they going to need to do it all on one system or the other?

It would suck to put in a lot of time on both and have the necessary trophies for a plat between the 2, only to end up with two half-completed trophy lists.
    I'm pretty sure they won't do that... I mean, it just means you'll have to buy two of the same game (but for different consoles) in order to get this one platinum.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As I am sure you know, for Motorstorm RC they actually have two trophy lists, but you earn trophies for both lists regardless of where you play. So, if I get a trophy while playing Motorstorm RC on the Vita, it pops when I load it up on the PS3 next time.

It's a weird choice, but on the plus side, if you plat it you get two plats for the effort of one!

I would have thought (and still think this will be the norm going forward) that you only have one trophy list for a cross-play game, but that you can earn the trophies on either system.