How to get JPN content to work on your EU PSN account (Vita)

This is a discussion on How to get JPN content to work on your EU PSN account (Vita) within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Okay I saw this on gamefaqs so not going to take the credit but rather then link to it I'll ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

How to get JPN content to work on your EU PSN account (Vita)

Okay I saw this on gamefaqs so not going to take the credit but rather then link to it I'll just post it in this topic.

Also;AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, THIS ONLY WORKS WITH CERTAIN JAPANESE DEMOS, I'LL LIST THE DEMOS I'VE GOT IT TO WORK WITH.

Gravity Daze
    Ragnarok Odssey
    Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect

I am unaware whether this will work with PSP games or even Vita games brought on the store, but if you have any PSP games on the JPN PSN store then try it out and post the results here!

And just a few points before I start;

Do NOT remove the memory card before starting this procedure.
    Create a back up if you wish but it isn't necessary.
    Remove all game cards from the Vita before starting (just a precaution).
    Make sure to have both accounts details at hand before starting!

Here we go;

Step 1:
    On your Vita, go to Settings -> Format -> Restore the PS Vita System. Follow the instructions on screen making sure that you click "YES" to deactivate account and "NO" to Format Memory Card.
    This is why I suggested to make a back up.

Step 2:
    Your Vita should now reset and go through the initial set up it went through when you first turned the device on. Go through all the steps as usual until you get to the PSN/SEN account set up.
    Here you'll input the details for your JPN account.

Step 3:
    Go make a cup of tea whilst the shitty intro movie plays.

Step 4:
    You know have your PSVita set up on a Japanese account, now just click on the store and download content.

Step 5:
    Now wait for all the shit you're downloading to complete and install and then you can move on to step 6.

Step 6:
    Now that everything is installed, go back to "Settings -> Format -> Restore the PS Vita System". Again follow the instructions on screen making sure you click "YES" to deactivate account and "NO" to Format Memory Card.

Step 7:
    The Vita will now reset again and again it will go through the initial set up, carry on as normal and when you get to the PSN/SEN account set up, just put in your main account information.

Step 8:
    Contemplate the meaning of life whilst the video plays.

Step 9:
    Everything on your Vita is back to normal, but oh look! You know have Japanese content on it! And it should still play! (at least, it works for me!).

Some final pointers:

Do NOT remove your memory card after you've done this, it won't corrupt or break but in order to play the Japanese content on the Vita you'll have to basically restart the whole process again.
    Do all of this on the Vita, don't let the PS3 know what you're doing to it's little brother!
    And as I said, if you know of any content that does work that I've not listed, then post it in this topic!

And finally, Enjoy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I used this method for the Hong Kong PSN for the English demo of Gravity Daze.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy_Cushions View Post
    I used this method for the Hong Kong PSN for the English demo of Gravity Daze.
    Yeah I've got the JPN Gravity Rush demo on my vita now. But this'll work with any region account, just I used Japan as an example.

PRO Member

Wonder if this method will work with PSP games purchased on another account... I'll be back in an hour or so...

It's a no for PSP games purchased with a different account

The games show up in the menu but if you try to start them a message pops up say it can't be used as it belongs to a different account.
    Last edited by BadWolf2142; 03-07-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: discovered the answer

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    Wonder if this method will work with PSP games purchased on another account... I'll be back in an hour or so...

It's a no for PSP games purchased with a different account

The games show up in the menu but if you try to start them a message pops up say it can't be used as it belongs to a different account.
    Yeah I've tried it with my Japanese Patapon and it doesn't work .

Still at least we get demos!