Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Post Your New PlayStation Vita Platinum Trophy

This is a discussion on Post Your New PlayStation Vita Platinum Trophy within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; And my 20th platinum trophy goes to Persona 4 Golden!...

PRO Member

And my 20th platinum trophy goes to Persona 4 Golden!

PRO Member

PLATINUM 70
    VITA PLATINUM 11
    Taco Master
    Lord of the Taco Master

Now here's a Platinum that came out of nowhere!
    I bought this just yesterday on PSN (it is digital-only) for just 3 dollars (USD). It was well worth the price.
    It is a time-management game where the player makes different types of tacos to satisfy orders. The action is fast-paced (as is usually the case for this genre) and challenging. The trophies are a mix of both skill and grinding.
    In addition to this being Platinum 70 for me, this also marks 2 other feats of significance:
    1st 50 in the world for the 7th time in my career (5 of them this year!)
    4th time earning Platinum in less than 24 hours after installation! (3rd Fastest overall!)

What's next? Probably the Vita version of Lost Dimension. (I already have Platinum on the PS3 version.) After a career-high 18 Platinums this year, I consider anything after this to be a bonus!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

PLATINUM 71
    VITA PLATINUM 12
    BIG FEST

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

PLATINUM 72
    VITA PLATINUM 13
    LOST DIMENSION

And yet another Vita Platinum to round out the year, and on Christmas Eve!!
    A good underrated Strategy-JRPG, it mixes strategy with mystery as you fight challenging battles while weeding out traitors that differ with each playthrough. It will take multiple playthroughs to earn Platinum as you must also earn full friendship with all 10 teammates. The Bitter End was a very cheap, tough final boss but I figured him out after a few tries.
    All in all, this makes 20 Platinums on the year, shattering my previous career-high of 16 Platinums from last year!
    A nice way to end this year. Now to save up for a PS4...

Theodore Roosevelt.

Stop looking at me swan!

Platinum #80 / Vita Platinum #10

Amnesia: Memories

Had been meaning to purchase the VN when it initially released but I had too many games and just couldn't justify purchasing it at the time with so many heavy hitters. It popped up in a flash sale not that long ago and knew I had to get it. I had already watched the anime a few years ago and it looked pretty bleak for the VN to be localized. Thankfully IFI ended up localizing the title and I get to play/see the full routes in which the anime did not delve into. Was definitely a nice change of pace after Tales of Zestiria and my ever continual grind with Guild Wars 2. I was hoping to have gotten this platinum in before the new year but unfortunately that didn't happen. In the end I still averaged the same amount of platinums as I have in previous years.

Next game on the agenda: Assassins Creed Rogue or Hatoful Boyfriend. Depends on whether I want to jump into another VN or not.

Lvl 6 - Silver

#156 Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Volume (PS4/Vita) Platinum #28

Not too tough, only 25 trophies, the one that can be tricky is for text logs as you never know how many you've read.

PRO Member

I nicked out my 21st play today with Legends of War.

Lvl 6 - Silver

#160 Volume
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

PRO Member

Platinum 74
    Vita Platinum 14
    MLB 14 The Show (Vita)
    Done!
    1/31/2016

Now here's an interesting Platinum in a few respects.
    It was the last MLB The Show on Vita Game Card as the series, like a lot of Vita titles, is of the 20-dollar digital-only variety now. It has the highest PSNTL Platinum "success rate" of any MLB The Show game at 10.51%, a testament to the series' reputation as having some of the toughest Platinums in PlayStation history. Unlike the PS3 and PS4 versions, there was no Online Community Challenge mode, making this Platinum still within reach long after the online shut down.
    As for me, I played this long before I played the PS3 version (which I eventually scored Platinum with) but got away from it until Gamefly sent it to me just this weekend. Using the same strategies of adjusting stats, rosters and sliders that I had learned from various places on the web, I went to work on Fence Posts (scoring only one run in every inning for 9 innings) and the rest of the player-specific trophies. By the time yesterday was through, I had closed out January in style.
    What's next? No idea, as always! I do enjoy finding out, though!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Stop looking at me swan!

Platinum #83 / Vita Platinum #11

Norn9: Var Commons

Woo, finally got to playing Norn9 which is another VN I've been waiting to play/read for awhile. Definitely enjoyed this one a little more than Amnesia, but Amnesia was already spoiled for me since I had watched the anime long before it was announced for localization. As for Norn9 the entire plot was fresh for me since I held off on starting the anime that is currently running so I wouldn't know major points before starting. I have another VN in backlog (Code: Realize) but after playing Norn9 I definitely want to break it up and play something else before I get to that one.

Next game on the agenda: Arslan: The Warriors of Legend. One day I'll get back to my PS3 backlog, oops.

Lvl 6 - Silver

#164 Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

PRO Member

Platinum 77
    Vita Platinum 15
    XBlaze Code Embryo (Vita)
    3/4/2016

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Platinum 78
    Vita Platinum 16
    Hitman GO Definitive Edition (Vita)
    3/6/2016

And my hot streak keeps going... for the moment anyway.
    This was an interesting and unique turn-based strategy game in the Hitman universe, and for only 8 dollars on PSN. It was well worth the price.
    The game was challenging and had me use my brain -- and plenty of YouTube walkthroughs as well. This approach allowed me to go from installation to Platinum in just over 23 hours, making the 6th time I have earned Platinum within 24 hours of starting a game.
    This not only marks 10 consecutive months with at least 1 Platinum, but also marks 5 consecutive months with at least 2 Platinums! I also have 6 Platinums to start the year, a definite hot streak!
    I probably will go back to Code Realize as I'm close to Platinum on that visual novel. after that, who knows?

Theodore Roosevelt.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Norn9 Var Commons
    It was my 25th plat and 1st for my Vita!

PRO Member

Platinum 79
    Vita Platinum 17
    Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth
    3/8/2016

And the hot streak I've been on so far this year gets even hotter! 7 Platinum Trophies so far this year and 3 Platinum Trophies so far this month! Just CRAZY!!!
    This type of story isn't usually my style but I enjoyed this visual novel more than I expected, which is good when you consider it was nowhere near as short as the various guides and walkthroughs I looked up (we don't have one here, sadly) claimed it was.
    Anyway, what's next? Plenty more month to get more! Bring them ALL on, I say!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Stop looking at me swan!

Platinum #85 / Vita Platinum #12

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

Couple milestones with this game; 85th platinum and passed 4,000 trophies. Hrm, after playing Norn9 not that long ago I'm not sure I prefer either over the other since they both cover vastly different story scopes. While I still tend to lean more towards Norn9, but the overall cast for CR I've found to enjoy a lot more compared to Norn9 where I only liked a few. With that platinum secured, that pretty much ends my otome game backlog. I still however have Steins;gate, so the VN backlog isn't entirely gone yet. Though I probably won't start SG anytime soon as I should really go back to my PS3 backlog.

Next game on the agenda: Ni No Kuni or KH2.5. Leaning towards NNK as it's been in backlog longer and it's about time I get on that. Gotta get moving on my PS3 backlog so I can go purchase a PS4 backlog of games, haha.

PRO Member

81. XBlaze Lost Memories (PS Vita)
    PS Vita Platinum 18
    3/17/2016

5 Platinums in a single month for me for the first time ever! 9 Platinum Trophies so far this year!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

82. Norn9: Var Commons
    Vita Platinum 19
    3/21/2016

And my red-hot March continues!
    6 Platinum Trophies in a Single Month for the First Time EVER!!!
    10 Platinum Trophies so far This Year!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Stop looking at me swan!

Platinum #87 / Vita Platinum #13

STEINS;GATE

Well... that was certainly a trip. Even with watching the anime years ago the story still had quite an impact even though all the major plot points were all long revealed to me. Only thing the anime didn't have were all the alternate endings, so those were at least new to me. It was great seeing how much changed and didn't change in the anime adaptation and I can see now why the anime is one of the best visual novel to anime adaptations as it was pretty faithful to the source. Finished this waaaay faster than I expected to though, pretty sure I was nowhere close to 50 hours as most people stated it's length was. Unfortunately with finishing S;G means that it was my last visual novel in backlog, and pretty much currently nothing else on the market for playstation consoles so that's a little sad that there isn't anything else really on the horizon at the moment.

Aside from S;G, this is now my 8th platinum of the year, which I've gotta say is a complete first for me. I've never completed so many in such a short time, especially in the first quarter of the year. Granted a lot of them were visual novels, so that's ultimately what led to that. Most of my platinums tend to be around or over 60+ hours.

Next game on the agenda: Kingdom Hearts 2.5, it is now currently the only game I have in my immediate backlog. Woo, hauled ass on getting through my backlog this year. Got a lot more done than I expected to since I know I won't have enough time to really play them in the future.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast