Question for Vita owners with digital PSP games.

This is a discussion on Question for Vita owners with digital PSP games. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I had a PSPGO which everyone hated but I loved since once it was hacked, I had 16 gb ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Question for Vita owners with digital PSP games.

So I had a PSPGO which everyone hated but I loved since once it was hacked, I had 16 gb of hard drive space without having to buy a memory stick. Anyway to my question. I bought a few games off the store as well and I was just wondering if these digital games can just be downloaded off the store and played on a Vita once I get one? Thank you all for your help.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Some of them do but not all of them, there's places where you can find a list.

INTJ

Sony doesn't have full backwards compatibility.

only psp game i own digitally is patapon 2 and it works fine on the vita.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As the other guy said, Sony has published a list of PSP games compatible with the Vita, but apparently there are others that are not on the list, but that work.

Since what you're talking about is the games you already bought, there's no risk involved in just trying. Go to the store, then to the download list, and download the games to your Vita.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    As the other guy said, Sony has published a list of PSP games compatible with the Vita, but apparently there are others that are not on the list, but that work.

Since what you're talking about is the games you already bought, there's no risk involved in just trying. Go to the store, then to the download list, and download the games to your Vita.
    I don't have a Vita yet. This was one of my deciding factors of getting one or not

Change is mediocre

Lvl 4 - Silver

As far as I know all download PSP games work as long as you go through your download list to find them (since the vita store still doesn't show all PSP games yet).
    However if you got the free PSPGO games when that offer was on you will find some of those games won't work since they only work on the PSPGO

Lvl 2 - Bronze

So far all my downloaded psp games have worked, for what it's worth.

Since Aug. 09

there was a list of 275 psp titles for download and are playable. should still be there,check the playstation site.

Dominate!

PRO Member

Just remember to set up your Vita (if and when you get one) with the same PSN account that you bought the PSP games with. Even though it is possible to run multiple accounts on your Vita (reset to factory settings required to change accounts), the Vita will only allow you to play games purchased with the same account you log in with.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Change is mediocre

Here is all of the titles available from PSP to Vita (if you don't want to go to my link) They said on the blog that they were going to update it and get more and more as time goes by.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have noticed one of my digital psp games don't work but it's on the list. I downloaded DJ Max portable 3 and when I try to transfer it to my Vita from my PS3 it doesn't show up in the list of media I can transfer over yet it says that it works on the Vita. Plus Rockband Unplugged works on the Vita but it's not on the list. Also does it really make any sence Patapon 2 works but not 3?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

just to further this question . lets say i download a digital psp game under sony's new game sharing i can give this to one friend to use on there ps3/p if i was to sign into there ps3 download the game then they sign into there account and transfer it to there vita would it work? i cant see why not but has anyone tested this yet?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Here is all of the titles available from PSP to Vita (if you don't want to go to my link) They said on the blog that they were going to update it and get more and more as time goes by.

Toggle Spoiler

You can add Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded/Remixed and Gottlieb Pinball Classics to that list.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

United Military Gamers

My PS Vita is awesome and all the downloaded games I have plays on my Vita....I even have some PS0ne titles on my PS3 and I could play those by remote play...good system !!

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Lvl 6 - Silver

Easiest way to find out is to go into your download list at the PStore and whatever is available will be downloadable.

OR

If all your psp games are already on your PS3, then whatever can be transferred will be in the content manager window when you link up.

So easy...forget about all the cross referencing and lists.

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread