Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vita was stolen...

This is a discussion on Vita was stolen... within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Right out of my dorm room. This really sucks, they got my 3G Vita w/ HSG and an 8GB memory ...

Indie Game Developer

Vita was stolen...

Right out of my dorm room. This really sucks, they got my 3G Vita w/ HSG and an 8GB memory card in it. Worst of all is that I'll never be able to get the save file back from HSG and Motorstorm RC, which accounts for about 60 hours of playtime :/ At least I had the plat for Motorstorm, but now even if I did make back the $400 to buy everything back I'd have to put 40 hours back into Hot Shots Golf just to get back to where I was. I contacted both Sony and ATT since my Vita has 3G and GPS service, but they won't track it for me. I even have the IMEI number, just incase something like this happened, but they still won't help.

:/
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Kiwi Defender

Do you have a friend with a VITA? Maybe you could use that one feature that lets you see who has a VITA around you and find where yours is.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Death is Awaiting....

Damn man, that sucks

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Right out of my dorm room. This really sucks, they got my 3G Vita w/ HSG and an 8GB memory card in it. Worst of all is that I'll never be able to get the save file back from HSG and Motorstorm RC, which accounts for about 60 hours of playtime :/ At least I had the plat for Motorstorm, but now even if I did make back the $400 to buy everything back I'd have to put 40 hours back into Hot Shots Golf just to get back to where I was. I contacted both Sony and ATT since my Vita has 3G and GPS service, but they won't track it for me. I even have the IMEI number, just incase something like this happened, but they still won't help.

:/
    The Motorstorm RC save file syncs with your Ps3 account. So you don't need the save file..... But other than that. That SUCKS. I'd be kicking some ass. Did they break into your dorm or what happened?

And that's surprising they won't help... I remember hearing Sony working with victims before when people's Ps3's were stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Do you have a friend with a VITA? Maybe you could use that one feature that lets you see who has a VITA around you and find where yours is.
    Good idea.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 4 - Silver

↑ Genius

anyway I feel bad for you losing your vita, I know I would feel bad getting mine stolen and Sony/ ATT not doing anything is really bad. About all you can do is speak to the police or your dorm manager (what ever you call them). If you have people who live in the dorm with you then ask them if they know anything, or check their things to see if they took it (a lot of my so called friends/ mates stole things from me before, they weren't friends/ mates afterwards)

At least your play time wasn't huge (I think my vita game time is ranking over 300 hours now

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That sucks dude you would at least think Sony or your mobile company would help...... If your Vita insured, report it stolen to the police then contact your insurers with some sort of police confirmation letter stating it got stolen..... you might get yourself a new Vita. It's worth a try dude good luck

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    ↑ Genius

anyway I feel bad for you losing your vita, I know I would feel bad getting mine stolen and Sony/ ATT not doing anything is really bad. About all you can do is speak to the police or your dorm manager (what ever you call them). If you have people who live in the dorm with you then ask them if they know anything, or check their things to see if they took it (a lot of my so called friends/ mates stole things from me before, they weren't friends/ mates afterwards)

At least your play time wasn't huge (I think my vita game time is ranking over 300 hours now
    Yeah, I've put up some signs around the dorm and I filed a report with both the campus safety and the local police. I'll see if I can find someone with a Vita to use the Near app, but I'm not sure how accurate it will be, especially if it might be off.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    I'll see if I can find someone with a Vita to use the Near app, but I'm not sure how accurate it will be, especially if it might be off.
    I donb't really think whoever stole it will open up the app anywhere near your dorm, but you won't lose anything hoping. Good luck finding someone with a VITA.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Aes Dana

The opportunist thief will always be looking for the most expensive and easy items to steal. I hope they catch the asshole who stole your vita.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Near, but otherwise, that fucking blows dude. I would seriously be searching every dorm on the campus. Good luck on the HUNT OF TEH VITA!

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Random Access Memories

That sucks man. I hope you/they catch that bastard.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Indie Game Developer

I suspect the cleaning crew :/

At least I finished the HSG trophy guide I was writing about 10 minutes before it was stolen...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That's awful. Hope you catch the thief.

Get bent...

Dude, that sucks.

Hopefully, using the Near app works.
    Last edited by Compalicious; 04-09-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

You should look on eBay or Craig's list for somebody selling a used vita around your area. Thieves these days are getting smart.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Report it to sony, the mac address of the playstation system is forwarded to them when you log into it with your psn account.

They will be able to monitor activity and transactions from the device till they find out who has it.
    and if you have the mac address of it, you can use nearby wifi points to check if its connected or not to know its in the area

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableNirvash View Post
    Report it to sony, the mac address of the playstation system is forwarded to them when you log into it with your psn account. They will be able to monitor activity and transactions from the device till they find out who has it. and if you have the mac address of it, you can use nearby wifi points to check if its connected or not to know its in the area
    do you read the original posts before you reply.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Shit, that sucks man. I hope you get it back and then torture the bastard who took it.

Quartercircle Forward.

Gah I hate people who steal shit from others... Can't get any lower than that. I'm really sorry for you man, hope you find the a-hole who did it. But yes, it obviously could be the cleaning crew since that shit happens all over the world. They can get into the room since only they are the other personnel who have the keys, and since no one is around they can take whatever they want. Not everyone is like this, but some are for sure.

A friend once got her purse stolen abroad from her hotel room. And only they had the key so....

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ihulk5 View Post
    You should look on eBay or Craig's list for somebody selling a used vita around your area. Thieves these days are getting smart.
    I dnt know about you but that seems like a very DUMB thing to do. The first place id look is ebay etc

Im sorry bout your VITA man, i had my BMX bike ( i used to do freestyle etc ) stolen from inside my house when i wasnt home and it cost me $1,200. i had to give up the sport cause i couldnt afford a new one. I know how you feel, some people are pure trash man

Sig by Apokolypz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast