What do you think of your PS Vita?

This is a discussion on What do you think of your PS Vita? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So the vita's been out worldwide for a over a month now and I decided to start this thread for ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

What do you think of your PS Vita?

So the vita's been out worldwide for a over a month now and I decided to start this thread for a few reasons:

1) I'm Curious
    2) It may help others decide if they want to get a vita or not
    3) People who own the console may learn something

The whole idea of this thread is just review your vita with your opinions and experiences

What I think would help to mention(Only suggestions, you don't have to mention these and can say more than just this):

1) Around how long you have had it
    2) Which version you have (3G or Wi-Fi)
    3) How often you play it (E.G daily, weekly, hourly, All your waking day)
    4) How it feels when you play it (as in when you hold it and when you play it)
    5) How the features work for you (touch screen, rear touch-pad, dual analog sticks and so on)
    6) Things your glad the Vita does
    7) Things you wish the vita didn't do
    8) Things you want the vita to do
    9) Problems you have had with your vita
    10) Your favourite Vita game
    11) Your most disliked vita game
    12) Would you recommend buying a vita

Lvl 1 - Bronze

1. Well I've had my Vita for lil over a month now. 2. I decided to go ahead an pay the extra $50 for the 3G version cuz i wanted full use of being able 2 game on the move, also without 3G u dont have access to the NEAR app which allows u to friend ppl tht are playing around u and u can find and reciece rewards for games tht u and other ppl are playing also if your playing racing games such as MotorStorm RC with the 3G version ull b able to see your friends ghost on the track tht u are playing, would also like 2 add tht u (Don't) have to actually sign up for a DataPlan with AT&T to use these features. 3. Jus depends on what I got going on but I have played it at least once everyday since ive had it. 4. The Vita itself feels ok in my hands, but i recently bought i protective back cover which has been pretty nice for me it also came with a wrist strap which I Highly Recommend and a cloth for cleaning the screen. I saw a really sweet grip u can buy for it tht makes it the same shape as ur PS3 controller! (I will be picking one of those up for sure) 5. All the feature are flawless in my book the front and rear touch are dead on and the sticks have the same senitivity as the ps3 controller, some ppl may argue tht the sticks should be bigger but I have no problem with them. 6. Oh man there are so many things to list Ill jus say Im happy with everything it does right now. 7. Ive had it freeze on me a few times but other then tht its been jus fine (Its a electronic device its going to freeze up now and then lol) 8. Only thing I can say I wish it did was...in the settings u can set the power save setting from 1, 3 , 5 and now 10 mins (with the recent firmware update) before the system will go into standby, just wish they wld make a setting to turn standby off all togather it wld help when I am jus downloading things. 9. Only it freezing a cpl times. 10. Favorite game right now wld b Unit 13 but there are a bunch of good 1s Uncharted of course and Little Deviants takes full advantage of all the Vita's capabilities. 11. Havnt really played anything I disliked. 12. I would 100% recommend a Vita to any1...more so to the hardcore gamers who would like to take all the things our PS3 can do and more and go anywhere with it. Hopes this helps ppl make a decision and mayb give new info to Vita owners already!

Legendary...Nuff Said

At the moment, the Vita just isn't that sweet right now. The hardware is awesome, and it's got a TON of potential to be the best mobile hardcore gaming platform out there, but right now it doesn't feel like Sony is supporting it as much as it needs to.

There were only about 5 launch titles, and only one worth getting (Uncharted: Golden Abyss). A couple nice PSN games have come out for the device with Super Stardust Delta and Escape Plan, but that's it. 3 games. Considering each of which won't last you more than 8 hours tops, once you beat them you won't have any incentive to play the Vita.

What Sony needs to do is start to give release dates for big games, and announce ones that we will want to play. A couple have been, but outside of Resistance: Burning Skies, there aren't any other eye catching games coming out on the platform. During the release of the Vita, games like Killzone and LBP and a ton of others were rumored and even had some gameplay footage. Where are those games?

What the Vita REALLY needs is a top-notch multiplayer game, or one with 100+ hours worth of content in it. I've seen the Vita first hand, and I'm certain that it could run The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion if it wanted to. We need a game like THAT. A game that 6 years after it comes out, people will STILL be playing and enjoying it. Similarly, a Killzone game with full multiplayer support would be HUGE for the Vita.

At the moment, Sony has said a lot of promising things, but none have met expectations and as it stands, the Vita is a letdown. Hopefully it'll find its footing within the next year like the 3DS has.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    At the moment, the Vita just isn't that sweet right now. The hardware is awesome, and it's got a TON of potential to be the best mobile hardcore gaming platform out there, but right now it doesn't feel like Sony is supporting it as much as it needs to.

There were only about 5 launch titles, and only one worth getting (Uncharted: Golden Abyss). A couple nice PSN games have come out for the device with Super Stardust Delta and Escape Plan, but that's it. 3 games. Considering each of which won't last you more than 8 hours tops, once you beat them you won't have any incentive to play the Vita.

What Sony needs to do is start to give release dates for big games, and announce ones that we will want to play. A couple have been, but outside of Resistance: Burning Skies, there aren't any other eye catching games coming out on the platform. During the release of the Vita, games like Killzone and LBP and a ton of others were rumored and even had some gameplay footage. Where are those games?

What the Vita REALLY needs is a top-notch multiplayer game, or one with 100+ hours worth of content in it. I've seen the Vita first hand, and I'm certain that it could run The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion if it wanted to. We need a game like THAT. A game that 6 years after it comes out, people will STILL be playing and enjoying it. Similarly, a Killzone game with full multiplayer support would be HUGE for the Vita.

At the moment, Sony has said a lot of promising things, but none have met expectations and as it stands, the Vita is a letdown. Hopefully it'll find its footing within the next year like the 3DS has.
    I think this hit the nail on the head. I'm not fussed about a multiplayer game or even a 100 hour plus adventure. We need to know more about what else is going to drop for the system. The hardware is fantastic and games like Uncharted show how good this machine can really be.

It's the lack of support that is a let down. I really want to play PSOne games on my VITA but Sony still haven't sorted it out. This is a real guttner for something that should be ready out of the box.

I'd advise people to wait for a price drop or at least for Sony to pull their finger out and do something.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Hidefninja.com

1. Almost a month.

2. WiFi Model

3. I play it pretty much everyday, atleast for an hour or two. Longer on the weekends.

4. It feels good to me

5. I'm not too fond of the rear touch controls and sixaxis. When available, i use old school style controls.

6., 7., 8. I'm pretty much only going to use it for gaming, so i can care less about movies and other such things for it. I do like the cross platform play future availability, not too many to do so at the moment. I hope for more support of PS1 and other older games.

9. No problems so far, minus one freeze. Just held the power button for 20 seconds and reset it.

10. I definately play Hot Shots golf more than anything else so far. I have enjoyed Uncharted, Super Stardust Delta, Wipeout 2048, though Uncharted is the only one i've completed so far. I didn't mind Little Deviants (Available for trade) for the first 1 or 2 games, but like i stated above, i'm not fond of the rear touch controls.

11. I would recommend a Vita, keep your eye on Amazon Warehouse Deals, i bought mine on there complete in box, like new for $174 shipped.

Legalize it...

1) Since Feb 22nd
    2) Wi Fi
    3) At least once a week
    4) I like the feel of it I bought the PDP Trigger Grips and theyre worth the $17
    5) I played Little Deviants and wasnt impressed with the rear touch panel
    6) IDK
    7) IDK
    8) the thing I want it to do is a PS3 issue and thats show the trophies
    9) Only problem I have is not playing it enough lol
    10) Havent played much other than Motorstorm and Escape Plan Ill get to Uncharted soon and really anticipating LBP
    11) Little Deviants
    12) Yup

Lvl 4 - Silver

If all you want to see is whether I recommend the vita then just go to the bottom now.

Well I got my vita on national release (22 Feb) and I went for the Wi-Fi model because I thought 50 for 3G wasn't worth it (specially considering it's only use is using Near anywhere and constant PSN access. Maybe Internet as well (I will think the internet browser is better when it get's video support)

Currently I'm playing it daily but for the first Month I was easily putting in 4 hours minimum (even doing 9-5 college days). On days I had off I may have spent 8-10 hours on it (fair be it some of that time I was playing it on charge).

Feel of the console

When I got the Vita it was a little larger than I expected and when I first held it the console felt very strange to hold but after less than 5min it became one of the most comfortable electronics iv'e ever held.

The gameplay on this thing feels amazing too me, the screen size is perfect for it. after half an hour there has been times where I forget I'm playing a portable console and I start to think I'm actually playing a home console but it still feels like I'm playing a portable console.

Hardware Features:

Iv'e already mentioned the screen but just to reassure you, it's perfect for portable gaming.

The buttons may seem small when you get them but trust me you will get over that within 30minutes of gameplay. In my opinion they are all placed in a good place for the Vita so that you can easily access them without pressing anything else by mistake and without holding your hand in an odd angle/ shape (and I have fairly large hands)

The touch screen is brilliant, the multi touch works a treat and isn't too responsive so that you may touch something by mistake but it is enough so that it will respond when you want it too (so far it hasn't not responded when I want it to but it's been less than 2 months). Mind you some games use it because it can (Dynasty warriors next is an example, where the whole game is button controlled but once an area your get a 1V1 battle where you use it to an extent where it's just wait for the signal then move your finger along the screen as fast you can till the enemy falls. By the way not one of the menu's are touch screen even though they are laid out like they should be)

The Rear Touch pad is nice. Nice being the best way I can describe it. I find it awkward as well because it's on the back of console so if it's a game that uses it with accuracy (Little deviants) you may lose because you miss put your finger or because you touch it by mistake (super stardust delta) It's nice that it's their but in any instance iv'e used it so far, it's either been pointless (in wipeout 2048 you use it to rotate your car when your selecting it, so if you want you can see what the bottom of the vehicle looks like before you get killed online) or just has it their because it can (Dynasty warriors uses this for some random mini game type things where you use it too aim, yes aim, with something you can't see). I hope a console can work it in to a good use without making it possible make you lose as soon as you relax your hands. but it does work well at least

six axis motion axis & three-axis electronic compass are the final feature. They both work great together provided the game uses them well (a game which doesn't is Dynasty warriors next because for some odd reason it starts where you were so if you were sneezing or getting something at the time then you have to lay on the floor in order to do one of it's mini games). But it does work brilliant. Now I don't know if I'm the only one but these, the cameras and the augmented reality thing works amazing together. For preorder I got game called Frobisher says and I had to locate a little alien thing using the thing, the hardware worked so well that the console recognized a door and the alien thing actually went though it into a hallway (which it was moving down). But so far I don't know of anyone else having anything close to that happening to them so it may have been a fluke of angles. But my main point they work well

Oh wait I forgot the front and rear camera. There basically the same as the 3DS, only not 3D. ( I doubt anyone's choice of a console is based on cameras that will probably get a extension that looks far better some time anyway)

Wait I hear something calling to me, oh yeah the Speakers. They work fine however when even your hand relaxes you will cover up one or both of the speakers and finish with an extremely quite game even at full volume (till you realise and move your hands anyway).

What I like about the Vita

Near- Because I can use it to see what others have been playing maybe get an idea for a new game

The Hardware in general (besides the camera which I don't care about)

Backwards compatibility with PSP, PS1 and Minis (for those who can't download what they want, use a PS3 to download it and copy it over, that's what I did to get Monster Hunter Freedom on my Vita) (for those who say they don't work, in Version 1.65 onwards you can now play games which you got free of PSN+, also if you brought them and they don't work they just add support at random times for the games. My Phantasy star Portable 2 didn't work at first because it wasn't supported but sometime between the beginning of March and end of March support for that was added)

The initial release had a nice variety of games (and about 7 racers, fair be it multiple kinds)

Portable trophies (
    )

Online Remoteplay (Helpful if you are away and you have your vita with you and there is something only on sale while you are away on PS3 PSN) (Mind you it's otherwise useless due to lag)

Screen Capture (Press the
    and at the same time- Note the buttons don't look like that but words look more boring than pictures) (useful if you want a decent background for a live area page and you see something really epic in a game)

Features I wish the Vita didn't have (don't like about the vita

Auto-standby (or at least the timer to go to like 30min to an hour)
    Google Maps (will use the internet version if I wanted to use it)
    Vita Save Files saving to Games and not system (If you delet a downloaded version then you lose the save data, It's also why trophies on preowned copies don't work unless you delete the data
    Remote play (will only like it if I can play my vita through a PS3. PS3 through Vita isn't very helpful)

Thing I want the Vita to have

AV output (So I can record gameplay)
    No Auto-Standby or very long time to wait
    A use for it's Currently 'Unknown' Input (Next to game cartridge input)
    New games (Seriously less than 5 news games after 2 months since it came out)
    Ability to delete what you don't want that is default with the system ( Welcome park won't go!!!!!).

Errors Iv'e had with my PS vita

1) Memory card saying not inserted when it is (had it once)- Solution I found- full power off the vita, take out the memory stick and put it back and make sure it is in as straight as it can be
    2) Dynasty Warriors next (A game fault not the console)- I don't know how to explain it but it basically wouldn't take off effect like hit counts, blood, wind and so on. After about a minute I couldn't see the screen- Solution I found- Reset the game.
    3)
    Wipeout 2048 (A game fault not the console)- The online data for this game is stored on online servers (not the game or memory stick), Sometimes when you load the game you won't have the online data (I hope you know how to tell) . Solution- Reset game and you may have it back, if not server is weird and it should be back after a few hours)
    4) Wipeout 2048 (A game fault not the console)- The online data for this game is stored on online servers (not the game or memory stick), when I had 2 events left to go online I was kicked offline randomly and when I went back on I didn't have the online data. Tried the normal things as mentioned above and it didn't work. after a week I figured out they had lost my data... I'm currently about half way through online again (good thing I like the game)

Favourite and disliked PS Vita game

Now not including PS1, PSP and Minis I have 7 vita games
    wipeout 2048 (really like it)
    Dynasty warriors next (Like it but ruined by things mentioned above)
    Motorstorm RC (Fun for short time periods)
    Rayman origins (My fave so far)
    Super stardust Delta (Enjoyable)
    Plants VS Zombies (Ignore this my dad brought when I was at his, he played it for about 2 hours then I
    it and deleted never to play again)
    Welcome Park (DELETE!!!!)

Here is a bad table 3 awrds for the best of it and the worst of it

Trait/ Best/ Worst

Most Versatile/ SuperStardust Delta/ Plants VS Zombies
    Most Engaging/ Rayman Origins/ Motorstorm RC
    Most thought out/ Wipeout 2048/ Dynasty Warriors nextMy

favourite game so far : Tie betweem Rayman origins and wipeout 2048
    Most Disliked Game so far: Tie between Welcome park and plants VS Zombies

Finally would I recommend the Vita:
    WI-FI version, yes it's 100% worth the price.
    3G version: No unless you really like facebook and twitter (this may change is 3G gets more of a use)

Retired TGT Member

I love mine, I just wish there were more games for it. It's gorgeous and I love the variety of command input (motion sensors, touch screen, rear touch pad, dual analog sticks, and of course, buttons and bumpers). I played the heck out of Uncharted: Golden Abyss and I really enjoy both Hot Shots Golf and Lumines: Electric Symphony. Lumines is a game you can pick up, start playing, think to yourself "oh it's probably 8pm, i should eat" then actually find out it's 10:30pm.

Battery life isn't great but...playing while powered isn't terrible.

40oz to freedom

I hear good things about it but I have never played one, till tonight cause im about to go pick mine up from best buy with golden abyss and unit 13!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

About a month, I bought it mid March when my Tax Return came through.

3G

I definitely play it daily, although how much depends on whether I'm really into a game or not.

It feels great. The buttons appear small, but they are perfectly proportioned.

5) How the features work for you (touch screen, rear touch-pad, dual analog sticks and so on)
    Its great, but has some flaws at time. For instance, in StarDust Delta sometimes a black hole will trigger by accident when I hadn't meant it to. In Plants vs. Zombies, sometimes, the touch screen doesn't fully apply an action. Small things really, and doesn't completely take you out of the experience.

Trophy Support. Makes me SO Happy!

A couples times, it froze up and wouldn't work until you rebuild the database :/

It should have more apps. I really want Skype and Youtube, and hope they're added soon.

The freezing thing I said above. There is also not enough major titles for the Vita yet. I would like a stronger line-up, and a lot more cheaper downloadable titles. Fun titles, like PvZ.

So far, Plants vs. Zombies. I had a blast playing it, and it was the first game that I really went towards the Platinum for.

Honestly, and don't give me too much shit for it, Golden Abyss hasn't been too much fun for me. :/ -shot-

Hell yes. If you find the right game, you'll have so much fun on it, more so than any other portable device.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I bought the wifi version on the day of it's release and I played it a lot the first few weeks but I haven't properly been on it in a month now. the hardware is fantastic but it's a bit poor in the games department. I highly recommend buying it but not until more games come out for it.

Now this is Podracing

I bought the wifi only model at launch, so had it for around 8 weeks. At first I played it daily, trying to play Golden Abyss, now only every couple of days, but when I get a new game Ill assume Ill play it daily til I've finished that. I found the size to be quite nice and the controls great.

Favourite game so far is Uncharted, and the only thing I disliked in it was that you couldn't turn off the motion controls, (however I thought they ran pretty smoothly with the game play).

When more games start being released it will be a definate buy, unless your like me and got it at launch just for Uncharted.

So overall, Im pretty happy with it and would recommend buying it for portable HD gaming

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I got mine on release and brought the WiFi model. My biggest disappointment is definatly the lack of games and the ridiculas price of there memory cards. On release I got F1 and Uncharted but have not got any new games as quite frankly thy have been poor. Although Unit 13 is interesting me. Also i'm extremly pissed off with the lack of remote play as this I thought would be amazing. So I hooked it up to my PS3 only to find no games are compatable apart from the old PS1 games that i've downloaded.
    Putting all that aside I really love the Vita. The screen size is perfect, its not to heavy and the technology is amazing if not underused at the moment. I would also always recommend it when better games arrive.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post

I think the one that best fills that will be Call of Duty when it is released for the VITA, unfortunately that is like 7 months away.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 9 - Gold

2 months or so?

3g/Wifi, It was extremely cheap brand new.

Daily, probably about 1-2 hours a day.

It's alright, but I have huge hands anyways so it's pretty hard for me to find a comfortable controller aside from the ps3 remotes.

Not a huge fan of the touch screen/rear touch screen, but everything else is phenomenal. Dual analogs is a great add-on. The remote play runs faster and smoother than the PSP did. The applications are nice, etc.

Netflix, connects to PSN without booting my ps3's account, sends/receives messages, trophies, remote play, etc.

Full touchscreen UI with no option of changing it. It's not that bad, I just don't like how shitty touchscreen technology is still. Other than that, it's a flawless piece of equipment.

Get a better list of supported remote play games. That's it.

None.

Only have like 7 games for it so far.... But I'd have to go with Super Star Dust atm.

Haven't played a bad game on it yet.

yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post

Online Remoteplay (Helpful if you are away and you have your vita with you and there is something only on sale while you are away on PS3 PSN) (Mind you it's otherwise useless due to lag)

Remote play (will only like it if I can play my vita through a PS3. PS3 through Vita isn't very helpful)
    You need a decent internet connection for it to run smoothly. And I think you miss what remote play is and is meant for. Why would anyone try to use their ps3 as a remote play device for the vita? But that'd be funny as hell, leave your vita at the house while you carry the ps3 in a backpack with a small generator or lots of batteries to game while on the move....
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 4 - Silver

1) I've had my Vita since Feb 22nd
    2) I have the 3G model, although I haven't used the 3G yet. I got it incase I ever do which I'm sure I will, I don't want to regret not getting the 3G model
    3) I play it maybe 4-5 hours a week, pretty busy man so not as much time as I would like
    4) It feels comfortable in my hands. I was at Wal-Mart last month and I saw a protective case made by Nerf and I'd have to say I recommend getting that because it fits wonderfully in my hands.
    5) Features work great, touch screens are very responsive...front and back. Very easy to navigate and understand.
    6) Everything the Vita does is great!
    7) There's not much to be honest, just the battery life isn't great but it's a very slick piece of tech so It doesn't bother me that much
    8) I want more applications, and more cross-play games! also I wanna play my PS1 games but I'm sure that will come with time.
    9) Nothing really, it froze once but that was my fault because I left it in my car and it was freezing cold and I tried turning it on and off. lol
    10) I don't have many games yet but MLB: The Show 12 and Little Deviants
    11) Can't say I have one
    12) Hell yea

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 3 - Bronze

1) Since Release 02/22/12
    2) Wi-Fi
    3) Daily
    4) Great, it actually works better than the Dualshock 3 for me
    5) The dual analogsticks are a blessing, precise, beautiful and have nice grip, the fronttouch is great and the backtouch is disapointing but still a great feature.
    6) The vita does gyro like it's supposed to be, the welcome park and uncharted use of the gyro are amazing, Uncharted uses it to assist your aim, so moving the vita slightly moves your aim, great for headshots! and Welcome Park has a nice minigame where you only use the gyro to great results. I'm very happy with gyro, and make that welcome park minigame a real downloadable game, it's great!
    7) I don't think there are many things the vita doesn't do extremely well. ofcourse to the developers, take development for the vita serious, there are serious chances for this thing, and now that sony has finished their new portable masterpiece it's up to you to develop great games for it!
    8) an Appstore and Angry Birds, I'm not really an Angry Birds fan, but I really want angry birds on the vita for some reason. I don't know myself anymore ;P
    9) It hates me sometimes, just locks itself down, freezes and the screen turnes black and nothing happened. sony fixed this and now I should have left this space blank.
    10) Mutant Blobs Attack, brilliant use of the Vita's functions
    11) Ridge Racer, you don't need to hear why!
    12) YES! extremely, boldly, neon signy YES!

Get bent...

I'm selling mine after having it for only a week or so.

It just isn't all that worth it.

Not enough games for it and nothing worthwhile for me coming out any time soon.

It's just a shiny brick sitting on the shelf.

I guess I'm just not much of a mobile/handheld gamer.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Commander McBadass

1) I bought on Feb 22
    2) I have the wifi
    3) Depends. When I bought uncharted i've played like 5 hours in a row. But right now I'm waiting for new games. But I use it everyday for music, video and internet
    4) I love to play on it.
    5) The touch is incredible, the analogs are great but sucks when you play racing games.
    6) Facebook, Music unlimited, Cross Play, remote control
    7) You must be conected to a wifi to put stuff on the vita, wether from a pc or a ps3
    8) Right now i'm satisfied with everything, the vita just needs more good games
    9) None
    10) Uncharted
    11) I only bought the games i really wanted to play and i haven't disliked any.
    12) Yes, but if you are eager to play good games, you should wait.

My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM