Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Vita Game - Soul Sacrifice

This is a discussion on New Vita Game - Soul Sacrifice within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; SOUL SACRIFICE | Toggle Spoiler For a game we know next to nothing about, Soul Sacrifice is beginning to seem ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

New Vita Game - Soul Sacrifice

SOUL SACRIFICE |

Toggle Spoiler

For a game we know next to nothing about, Soul Sacrifice is beginning to seem like a big deal. The PlayStation Vita exclusive – revealed in Famitsu magazine earlier in the week – has now been granted a fairly high-budget teaser website, showing off some concept art from the game.
    Set to a thumping drum-beat and images of grotesque monsters, the website explains that the “true fantasy” game is “not about cooperation” but about “fighting shoulder to shoulder”. It concludes that all will be revealed on 10th May, and invites you to “witness the unveiling” on PlayStation’s Japanese website.
    The unveiling will supposedly include presentations by the game’s developers and more.
    But despite the hype surrounding the game, we still know very little about it. Some are speculating that it’s a Dark Souls spin-off developed by From Software, but there’s very little evidence of that other than the Soul Sacrifice name and the use of similar fonts in the game’s logo. Others think it's a direct competitor to Monster Hunter produced by SCEJ.
    Either way, it’s clear that Sony’s putting a lot of resources behind the game. And with Vita’s sales beginning to flag domestically, there's no doubt that this is exactly the kind of game the system needs. Consider us excited.
    I hope that FROMSoftware has anything to do with this, would be great to see a Demon soul spin off
    Last edited by BlackListHunta; 05-09-2012 at 02:00 PM.

INTJ

it's a demon souls series game

the title has the same font

Legendary...Nuff Said

If it's a DS spin-off, I will literally jump for joy.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Kiwi Defender

Yeap, most likely DS-related. The artwork and font (like Ps360 said) give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    If it's a DS spin-off, I will literally jump for joy.
    I thought you had something against rehashes.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yeap, most likely DS-related. The artwork and font (like Ps360 said) give it away.

I thought you had something against rehashes.
    Aaaaaaaaand I do.

That said, the Vita REALLY needs a great game, and a Souls game would be that game. And hey, I'd enjoy the fuck out of it too. I dislike rehashes, sure, but the formula has yet to have gotten old for me. Especially if they make some changes and tweaks, it'd be awesome.

Kiwi Defender

Aaaaaaaaand I do.

That said, the Vita REALLY needs a great game, and a Souls game would be that game. And hey, I'd enjoy the fuck out of it too. I dislike rehashes, sure, but the formula has yet to have gotten old for me. Especially if they make some changes and tweaks, it'd be awesome.
    I kind of doubt it'd be a great game. DS was a great game. DkS was simply a good game. This will most likely be either what DkS was or 'worse', since it'll be develped on an 'inferior' platform in which From has no experience whatsoever.

Said changes and tweaks would be the same as the changes and tweaks you see from CoD to CoD, which are practically nothing but esthetic changes.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I kind of doubt it'd be a great game. DS was a great game. DkS was simply a good game. This will most likely be either what DkS was or 'worse', since it'll be develped on an 'inferior' platform in which From has no experience whatsoever.

Said changes and tweaks would be the same as the changes and tweaks you see from CoD to CoD, which are practically nothing but esthetic changes.
    True, it's unlikely it'd be as good as Demon's Souls, or Dark Souls either, but it's something that boosts sales and has a lot of replay value. Two plusses for both Sony and I.

As far as tweaks go, it's a maybe. Some devs like to go out of their way to make changes (such as Sucker Punch who took it too far with inFamous 2), while others don't. From doesn't seem to be one who'd change much, but considering that they'd be making a game for a different platform, there could be some gameplay aspects changed in order to fit the system. It really all depends, but the tease has got me excited enough.

Kiwi Defender

True, it's unlikely it'd be as good as Demon's Souls, or Dark Souls either, but it's something that boosts sales and has a lot of replay value. Two plusses for both Sony and I.

As far as tweaks go, it's a maybe. Some devs like to go out of their way to make changes (such as Sucker Punch who took it too far with inFamous 2), while others don't. From doesn't seem to be one who'd change much, but considering that they'd be making a game for a different platform, there could be some gameplay aspects changed in order to fit the system. It really all depends, but the tease has got me excited enough.
    The replay value depends heavily on how good it is, though.

They'll probably only make esthetic changes (like I said before) and make a smaller world (thus decreasing replayability), since they are most likely not going to be able to fit a world like DS' or DkS' in there.

Of course you are excited, like I said you would whenever they announced/released another one lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Procrastinator

I'm really hoping it is a Dark game or from the same series. I believe Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls so its very likely that this is indeed the case. If it is, I know what my next Vita purchase will be whenever it gets released.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'm really hoping it is a Dark game or from the same series. I believe Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls so its very likely that this is indeed the case. If it is, I know what my next Vita purchase will be whenever it gets released.
    Well, Sony is the publisher, so they do have the publishing rights to the game, so you could say that in a way they do own DS .

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

I hope it's a Souls spin-off. I have Ragnarok Odyssey as my MO substitute, so this should last me long enough until a real MO game comes along..

Either way, I don't care. Take my damn money and give me that game!
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Resident Deadhead

I dont see how a demon souls game is suppose to move a bunch of units. Maybe in japan, but i thought that it had sold well there, so idk. If sony wants to move some consoles, then they need to get their head out of there ass and get remote play right. Some awesome shit with the AR cards might make some people think that theyneed tobuy it. If they want to release a game to move units worldwide, then make a damn FF7 remake already
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    I dont see how a demon souls game is suppose to move a bunch of units. Maybe in japan, but i thought that it had sold well there, so idk. If sony wants to move some consoles, then they need to get their head out of there ass and get remote play right. Some awesome shit with the AR cards might make some people think that theyneed tobuy it. If they want to release a game to move units worldwide, then make a damn FF7 remake already
    The Vita is doing terrible in Japan so if this is a Soul game, it should sell very well there and everywhere else for that matter. As far as Sony moving lots of units by a FFVII remake, Square Enix would need to do this a they are the ones who made it and not Sony.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Resident Deadhead

Damn i thought it was selling well in japan but i guess i was wrong and am hearing things again lol. So if the goal is moving japanese units, i think that the monster hunter type game would do beter than a ds game. People are seriosly bat shit over monser hunter there
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Damn i thought it was selling well in japan but i guess i was wrong and am hearing things again lol. So if the goal is moving japanese units, i think that the monster hunter type game would do beter than a ds game. People are seriosly bat shit over monser hunter there
    The DS is outselling the Vita by about 10-1, currently. Hell, the PSP has sold more units than the Vita has within the last month.

A Monster Hunter game would probably do some good for the sales, but a Souls game will still do the system justice as well. Let's just cross our fingers the system at least gets a good game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hopefully its a reason for me to buy a Vita.

Resident Deadhead

@Jack- by ds i meant demon souls...

Legendary...Nuff Said

@Jack- by ds i meant demon souls...
    No shit, I was talking about the Nintendo DS, I knew what you were saying.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The DS is outselling the Vita by about 10-1, currently. Hell, the PSP has sold more units than the Vita has within the last month.

A Monster Hunter game would probably do some good for the sales, but a Souls game will still do the system justice as well. Let's just cross our fingers the system at least gets a good game.
    I would love to see some links, coming with those statements

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BlackListHunta View Post
    I would love to see some links, coming with those statements
    google it,its no secret.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast