Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

which is better the vita or the 3ds?

This is a discussion on which is better the vita or the 3ds? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Denaratuck The Vita doesn't have any games like Pokemon and I doubt they ever will. dont worry ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    The Vita doesn't have any games like Pokemon and I doubt they ever will.

dont worry they'll find a way.

they basically copy nintendo anyway (Sony all-stars for a major example)

Saints Row IV

Vita has better hardware so pick it up!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Vita is way better. I bought a 3DS around launch and it was terrible.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Vita has better hardware so pick it up!
    I like how you didn't mention anything about the games, seeing as you know, it's a handheld GAMING console.

PRO Member

Well as a person who actually owns both feel I can comment on this, for the money the 3DS wins on value, however the Vita offers a lot more functionality then the 3DS however Nintendo has been catching up adding Netflix and adding to there online library, currently Nintendo has no trophy support. The Vita has Skype a much bigger screen but the 3DS has two screens and one in 3d which is pretty cool, Nintendo has been the leader in mobile gaming for some time but do cater to a bit younger of an audience in my opinion, the Vita is a more console like experience and more like a smart phone with the apps it has to offer, so really it comes down to this, what do you want out of your mobile gaming, just something to pick up now and again with no serious use, or something you want to use a lot for mobile movie viewing or gps or SKYPE etc,

No matter what you hear once Sony gets some killer titles online the Vita will sell like crazy a small reduction in the price would not hurt but in my eyes well worth the money and Nintendo has a fun lil unit that is really unique in its 3D and its titles

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The PSVita is the all in one complete gaming system for us. We have two 3ds's collecting dust since 2-15-2012 ! 3D Mario Tennis this week will revive them.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    dont worry they'll find a way.

they basically copy nintendo anyway (Sony all-stars for a major example)
    As much as I'm sure you'd wish this to be true, it's not. Sure, is Sony capitalizing on the success on fighters such as Super Smash Bros. has for Nintendo? Yeah. But I'd like for you to name me another example or two in which Sony is directly copying Nintendo. I sure as hell can't think of one.

Besides, given the fact that outside of Japan and other parts of Asia, Sony and Microsoft are the ones who have really cornered the market. The 3DS has found success, but the Wii sucks and Nintendo hasn't been as viable as Sony/Microsoft in 3-4 years.

In other words:

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

since March '09

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    do really think the vita wont have awesome games in due time? i have the vita and my 6 year old daughter the 3ds. thats all i have to say on the matter.
    lmao. your daughter must have gotten a promotion at her high paying room cleaning job. She only has what you get her. its not like she has a job. you bought the vita for yourself. and the 3ds for her. also as awesome as she is, im sure she doesnt realize how awesome the vita is. when your 6 and playing dora and spongebob,nothing else really matters.

thats all i have to say on the matter.

u know im breaking your balls.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    I like how you didn't mention anything about the games, seeing as you know, it's a handheld GAMING console.
    uncharted,resistance,little big planet,bioshock,assassins creed,madden,grand theft and call of duty all of these games will be on the vita,most of these aren't even possible on the 3ds due to hardware limitations.as a gamer its great games that matter most to me,hardware is what makes great games possible. 3rd party support Extensive 3rd Party Support Planned for NGP | PlayStation LifeStyle

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Vita is amazing, but against Nintendo forgetting the second thumbstick sony seems to have forgotten the vita. so the 3DS wins I guess. but wait, isn't the 3DS a piece of crap? yes it is, and the vita, wasn't that an amazing piece of design? yes, I guess it was. Vita is amazing, 3DS is just a DS with eye damaging 3D that is built like crap and has terrible games if not made by nintendo. and the Vita has shorter and easier development periods, the 3DS is more complicated than the PS3 and Wii combined.

To get to the point, they both kind of suck. but the vita can get over it, the 3DS can't

Btw. I love nintendo, i just don't like the 3DS. they are just doing the same thing all over again.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by twistsanny View Post
    The Vita is amazing, but against Nintendo forgetting the second thumbstick sony seems to have forgotten the vita. so the 3DS wins I guess. but wait, isn't the 3DS a piece of crap? yes it is, and the vita, wasn't that an amazing piece of design? yes, I guess it was. Vita is amazing, 3DS is just a DS with eye damaging 3D that is built like crap and has terrible games if not made by nintendo.

To get to the point, they both kind of suck. but the vita can get over it, the 3DS can't
    Considering the 3DS now has an improved collection of games under it's belt, I really don't see how it's a piece of crap. I've been playing it a lot more than I have my PS Vita, which has only been used recently for the newest disgaea. The games on a handheld are what matters in the end and the 3DS makes up for the lack of hardware by having a good amount of games available.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im mostly talking about the hardware in it and the design, it isn't easy to make a decent game for the thing, except when you made the system yourself, and the system isn't as nicely finished as the vita is, the system is made of cheap plastic that breaks much faster than the plastic used with the vita.

please stop me if my facts arn't straight

Lvl 6 - Silver

You're mostly right about the design of it but it still isn't a piece of crap It all comes down to opinion in the end. You think it's a piece of crap whilst myself and quite a few others do not.

Edit: The one thing I will say about the 3DS is that it is has a much sturdier design and the clam shell design means more protection for the two screens. The Vita has an overall great design but I can't help feeling paranoid about accidentally breaking it via falls and whatnot.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I respect your opinion
    Last edited by twistsanny; 05-18-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12