Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

which is better the vita or the 3ds?

This is a discussion on which is better the vita or the 3ds? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; so i have been really kicking myself lately. it is almost the 2 year anniversary of me getting my PS3.it ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

which is better the vita or the 3ds?

so i have been really kicking myself lately. it is almost the 2 year anniversary of me getting my PS3.it was also when I had to sell a bunch of my old games and my DS. i really have been wanting to play Pokemon lately but i have no way of playing.i went and looked at a couple different websites and found they they both have some pretty good games that would be worth getting.but my dilemma is that i don't know which one i should get.does anyone out there have either one or both of them that could give me a honest review?everything would be appreciated.
    thanks everyone.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well, I dont have any handheld but from what I've seen, 3ds have solid and fun games, such as Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, Resident Evil Revelations, , Super Street Fighter and all the mario games you want (I dont know much games on the 3ds) and play your DS games too such like pokemon games if that what you want. In other hand you can get the vita, by my honest opinion, the best handheld though dont have the best games YET. Just give it time for better games and Sony exclusives IP's to make their appearance on Vita. But if you wanna play Pokemon games you know you have to get the 3ds and I've heard the latest pokemon game was one of the best pokemon games except for some ugly pokemon on that generation.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

PRO Member

My personal opinion is Vita but 3ds is awesome as well so if i had the $$$ i ll get both

Legendary...Nuff Said

Vita has the better hardware, 3DS has (at the moment) the better games and better price.

I'd say hold off until the Vita's price drops, and then get that. If sony supports the device with good games in the future, then it's easily the best portable gaming device out there. At the moment, the 3DS edges it.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The vita hardware wise is much better than the 3ds in terms of looks and features, however the vita has a weak game line-up so far. So for now as much as I hate to say it, go with the 3ds.

Sig by dsluckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PlayStation Vita or Nintendo 3DS?

Both of these handheld consoles are amazing pieces of hardware. Fact. The PlayStation Vita has much more advanced hardware, compared to the 3DS. Another Fact? The Nintendo 3DS has a huge and amazing library of games, not to mention its backwards compatibility! I can understand where you are coming from when you say you have that insatiable craving to play some Pokemon. It's the reason I bought my 3DS. This decision really only depends on your patience. Are you insanely bored right now with the Gaming you achieve currently with your PS3?

If you can wait a little longer (I would recommend until after E3, to see what they announce for the Vita) then wait until a possible price drop on the Vita. The Vita is amazing, and if it had triple A titles like the 3DS has now, then the Vita is worth the purchase. But if you are looking for something new, and something soon, then get the 3DS. The 3DS has tons of games, such as Pokemon. Another suggestion is to get the 3DS now, and start saving a little here and there for the Vita when better Titles are released for it.
    Last edited by ATRS_1992; 05-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by Leech5 View Post
    The vita hardware wise is much better than the 3ds in terms of looks and features, however the vita has a weak game line-up so far. So for now as much as I hate to say it, go with the 3ds.
    do really think the vita wont have awesome games in due time? i have the vita and my 6 year old daughter the 3ds. thats all i have to say on the matter.

Dominate!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    do really think the vita wont have awesome games in due time? i have the vita and my 6 year old daughter the 3ds. thats all i have to say on the matter.
    Not in due time. Only 2 or 3 good titles are due to come out in the next few months. If the OP is looking for something sooner rather than much later, then the 3DS is NOT a bad choice. The 3DS isn't necessarily just for little children.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I have both and even with less games, I can't put my Vita down. Not one game on 3ds comes close to Uncharted. Plus Resistance and Gravity Rush coming soon and whatever they announce at E3. Vita hands down for me.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I had both and after buying the 3ds right at launch I traded it in after 4 months of having it. I had super street fighter 4. I didn't play it very much and the 3d didn't seem as great personally as I thought it would be. I have a ps vita right now and am enjoying it. I had bought a bunch of psp games before so when I bought my vita they went right onto it. I can't really say what one is better it's just a matter of what you like and what interests you.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think if you like PS3 games then you will love your Vita far more than the 3DS. I have both, but I have 10 games for Vita, and 3 games for my 3DS. So yeah as a fan of what playstation brings to the table I think Vita offers the much better experience. If you need your fix of Pokemon, I'd still recommend a 3DS. I needed a fix of Zelda, and that's mainly why I have mine ( And RE:Revelations, though I wish this was on Vita ).

Also, trophies... nuff said.

INTJ

hey i have a idea lets go on a forum that is pro-biased for sony products and ask if i should get a sony product of a compeditor product

nothing can go wrong here

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

3DS has games?

illegal in 9 countries

• Hardware - Vita. 3DS is junk.
    • Network - Vita. Nintendo has online?
    • Achievement System - Vita. Nintendo doesn't like gamers.
    • Game Library - 3DS...barely, but had a year headstart on the Vita. Vita will take the crown soon enough as Nintendo historically will only release a dozen or so good games per system per generation.
    • Gimmick - Tie. 3D vs touch controls, neither are needed. 3D is bad for kids' eyes. Nintendo market is kids.
    • IP - Vita. I've had enough of the same Nintendo mascots being regurgitated over the last 30 years to last a lifetime. More capable Vita hardware means fresher IP and better core games.
    • Longevity - Vita. 3DS will be replaced with a newer model within a year or two.
    • Playability - Vita. Nintendo forgot the second thumbstick.
    • Currently playing - iPad. Cheap games, huge library, bigger screen, apps, cheevos, gradually becoming hardcore. Touch controls are perfect for many genres, the remainder I'll play on Vita.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 05-08-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Closing this account

To be honest with you, searching for the specifications of both handhelds on would had been a better choice. I can already predict what most of the answes will be like...
    1. blah blah blah trophies
    2. blah blah blah trophies
    3. blah...awesome...blah blah trophies...oh did i mention trophies?
    It's your money, if you decide to get the 3DS or Vita because ppl on here opinion, please dont rage because your not satisfied. it took me 4 yrs to decide did I really want a PS3 and 5 yrs on do I want a XBOX

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Like everyone else has said the 3DS has the better games currently (but not for long) but the Vita has the better hardware. I'd definitely go with the Vita
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    hey i have a idea lets go on a forum that is pro-biased for sony products and ask if i should get a sony product of a compeditor product

nothing can go wrong here
    lol my thoughts exactly
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 9 - Gold

Biased website or not, it truly depends on you.

I'd say, before bothering with features, look at the game libraries. If you want Nintendo games, buy the Nintendo handheld. If you want PS3 quality games, get the Vita. In my opinion, and due to my personal likes, the Vita had the better games from Day One. Dynasty Warriors, Uncharted, Katamari and Mutant Blobs Attack, to name a few. If you really want Pokemon, then buy some version of the DS. Hell, you don't even need to buy a 3DS. Go buy a super cheap DS/DSi/DSXL and you can play every Pokemon game except whatever is newly released on the 3DS. But that's just me being sensible...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sold my DS Lite to get the vita in the first place. Vita wins on pure and brilliant hardware capabilities, while the 3DS only has its (in my opinion) rather pathetic 3D gimmick.

I'm afraid the Vita wins in practically every single way

Platinum Procrastinator

If you really miss Pokemon I'd say go get yourself a 3DS. The Vita doesn't have any games like Pokemon and I doubt they ever will. I was almost tempted to go out and buy a new 3DS just for Pokemon myself as I miss playing it. However, in the long run, I'd say hold out for the Vita as it will eventually have the better games.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast