Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation possibly leaked

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed III: Liberation possibly leaked within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Voltergeist Your comment is one big buzzword with no genuine reasons to consider this a bad game ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Voltergeist View Post

Your comment is one big buzzword with no genuine reasons to consider this a bad game or even a bad idea.
    name me one assassins creed game that was good on a handheld

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Humour-less smartass fanboy reply !
    I fanboy over quite a few series (See: R&C and my defenses of All 4 One), but AC isn't one of them. As is, I think the AC series has a lot of flaws. The big one for me has been the failure thus far to make the Templars the 'non-generic bad guys' they're supposed to be. So far, it's all been the 'truth = good' tripe, with no depth into how someone might disagree with such a statement. I've been genuinely pissed at how every time a lead Templar is explaining the logic behind Templar actions, it's been silenced by some stereotypical 'hero' line from the protagonist. AC:R, in particular, also had a lot of gameplay flaws - boring setting, a real let down from Rome, was my biggest one - though I tend to consider it somewhat redeemed by giving Ezio a good story-worthy sendoff. I don't consider these games perfect or anywhere close, but that won't stop me from calling out uncalled for complaints.

As to the other two, you beat me to the smartass race, and I don't see much humor in your generic series-hate comment.

Obviously it isn't defined by that, regardless of how many franchices with many iterations prove the contrary.
    Then why make obnoxious comments about a game you, as you say below, have no reason to critique? Either you're being hypocritical or just wanted to bait someone into giving you an excuse to whine about a series - I suspect the latter.

First of all, when did I say that it being a spin-off made it bad or that the idea itself was bad? We know nothing about the game except it features a female assassin and is getting released on the Vita. Praising or hating on it is both stupid and moronic.
    Well, we also know what series it'll belong to, and apparently that was enough to hate on it...

A spin-off is a way of getting a lot of money without investing much capital on a game's development, not a barrier against bad quality releases (regardless of how many times you hear the devs say "We want to expand the unvierse!" or something similar)
    If this was a spin-off that could be made with some good-ol copypasta code, you might have a point. Fact is, this is a first time foray into a new system. Loads of capital is going into this - that doesn't make it a good game of course, but it can be assumed 'working on a low budget' won't be a major problem, as you seem to imply.

, specially when there are still bad quality releases out there, no matter how many spin-offs they create before them. There have been many spin-offs that have lead to bad quality games in franchices, and many of them were bad on their own. Again, that doesn't mean this one will be the same, but we don't know if it'll be the exception either.
    I'm not trying to say it'll be an exception, just that your complaints are unfounded - trying to imply quality based on a business plan you don't like. (And you don't fool anyone by pretending your comments weren't intentional buzzwords.)

Spin-offs don't really give a story plenty of polishing time. If anything, they give the game itself the polishing time, for the plot is both thought out and developed before they start creating the game. Why would you start creating character models, gameplay elements, cinematic and what-not if you don't know what you'll do them about? It's like filming a movie without a final script, which is stupid.
    Sure they don't polish the individual game's story much, I was talking about how a spin-off polishes the overall story universe. (Though minor and even major story changes can happen during development.)

And, of course, there is nothing wrong with them wanting to release more and more spin-offs, afterall they have a very rabbid fanbase buying anything they release, hence the yearly-release business model. Even if the game turns out to be very mediocre, only a few will complain and the rest will keep buying their games.
    And this is the real reason you made your snarky comment, to complain about people you consider gullible. If you think a game is mediocre, that's your deal. People can evaluate their purchases on their own. You don't need to pull a PS360 and come into a thread you should know you won't like for the sake of stirring the pot. It's silly and pretty juvenile.

And your comment is one very bad reply to a post you either didn't read
    What was there to not read? It was one sentence...

or simply over-analyzed (if at all).
    Any possibility of me overanalyzing was killed with that last full paragraph of yours. You came in to insult people you consider gullible, and that's pretty obvious.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    name me one assassins creed game that was good on a handheld
    Fair enough, but this one is also seemingly being developed alongside ACIII, not as an afterthought cash grab.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Gotham's Reckoning

Ah man I reallly need to get a Vita ASAP so that I can get this when it comes out.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Kiwi Defender

I fanboy over quite a few series (See: R&C and my defenses of All 4 One), but AC isn't one of them. As is, I think the AC series has a lot of flaws. The big one for me has been the failure thus far to make the Templars the 'non-generic bad guys' they're supposed to be. So far, it's all been the 'truth = good' tripe, with no depth into how someone might disagree with such a statement. I've been genuinely pissed at how every time a lead Templar is explaining the logic behind Templar actions, it's been silenced by some stereotypical 'hero' line from the protagonist. AC:R, in particular, also had a lot of gameplay flaws - boring setting, a real let down from Rome, was my biggest one - though I tend to consider it somewhat redeemed by giving Ezio a good story-worthy sendoff. I don't consider these games perfect or anywhere close, but that won't stop me from calling out uncalled for complaints.
    Fair enough, then. Though your post gave a very different impression.

I agree with the Templars being borderline generic and bland. And regarding AC:R, I wouldn't say they are flaws, for they aren't. You simply realized it was a simple rehash of Brotherhood, which was a rehash of AC2 that was still interesting (at least for quite a while).

As to the other two, you beat me to the smartass race, and I don't see much humor in your generic series-hate comment.
    It's not hate, though. Just a joke. I like the Ass Creed series, as repetitive as they've become. I simply don't support yearly releases when there's little to no improvement, so I never bought Brotherhood nor Revelations. I simply borrowed them.

Then why make obnoxious comments about a game you, as you say below, have no reason to critique? Either you're being hypocritical or just wanted to bait someone into giving you an excuse to whine about a series - I suspect the latter.
    I love to state the obvious, so I did it. Is this a yearly release? Yes. Is it a spin-off/tie-in? Yes. Did I ever mention it was bad or something similar? Again: no. So why call me a hypocrite when I'm not critizicing the game but the reason for which it is getting released? There's a difference between those two things, afterall. So, in other words, you're suspecting wrongly.

Well, we also know what series it'll belong to, and apparently that was enough to hate on it...
    Again, I'm not hating on it. If I were, I'd be saying it was a stupid idea to feature a female assassin in that era, that the series should just be over with Desmond or something similar. I think you're saying I'm hating just for the sake of it.

If this was a spin-off that could be made with some good-ol copypasta code, you might have a point. Fact is, this is a first time foray into a new system. Loads of capital is going into this - that doesn't make it a good game of course, but it can be assumed 'working on a low budget' won't be a major problem, as you seem to imply.
    We don't know for sure, and we won't until they release a gameplay video (for I doubt they'd show anything regarding those aspects on a cinematic trailer). I ignore how different the Vita's architecture is from the PS3's, but it could be so similar they can try to directly port the engine and not start from scratch.

I'm not trying to say it'll be an exception, just that your complaints are unfounded - trying to imply quality based on a business plan you don't like. (And you don't fool anyone by pretending your comments weren't intentional buzzwords.)
    Again, I'm not complaining about the game's quality, for I've yet to have something to use as a reference. I'm just stating the obvious: Ubisoft is still using their yearly business model lol. I'm not saying this will make the game a bad quality one (they tend to have some quality poured into their tie-ins/spin-offs), so I ignore why you keep talking about things I never mentioned.

Sure they don't polish the individual game's story much, I was talking about how a spin-off polishes the overall story universe. (Though minor and even major story changes can happen during development.)
    That's usually being done regardless of spin-offs being on the work, though. And there are rarely any major changes during mid-development, for that could lead to issues when trying to meet deadlines.

And this is the real reason you made your snarky comment, to complain about people you consider gullible. If you think a game is mediocre, that's your deal. People can evaluate their purchases on their own. You don't need to pull a PS360 and come into a thread you should know you won't like for the sake of stirring the pot. It's silly and pretty juvenile.
    Not really, I simply love to state the obvious as I mentioned before.

Also, pulling a Ps360 would've involved saying the game will probably suck and that it being developed on the Vita would probably lead to it's demise. I never mentioned anything about the game's quality (thing you keep bringing up, and I don't know why), so your comment is rather out of place.

Something very juvenile and silly is taking the bait of a post whose only sake is stirring the pot (or so you assume), specially when you should know that it's better to ignore it completely.

What was there to not read? It was one sentence...

Any possibility of me overanalyzing was killed with that last full paragraph of yours. You came in to insult people you consider gullible, and that's pretty obvious.
    Yet you brought up things I never mentioned and erroneously assumed things I never intended.

I never came to insult people I consider guillible (otherwise I'd be calling you and many others who already posted morons if that was my intention), I came in to state the obvious. I simply didn't expect someone to assume things I never mentioned nor to put words in my mouth. I guess that's asking a little too much these days.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Technically speaking, this would be a follow-up to Bloodlines, a handheld AC game on a PS system, so it's not a yearly release. Bloodlines and AC2 came out together and had a nifty unlock feature between them. This (allegedly) releases together with AC3. I wouldn't really call that a yearly release...

That aside, YES! Finally a female assassin! Only what I've seen people clamoring for since 2009! And it looks rather nice from those screens. Can't wait to see if it gets properly announced or not, and any extra screens/videos we may get. I'd been wondering what was going on with ACV(ita) since it was announced as being in development a while ago. Nice to see it's finally showing up on the radar.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll buy it if the metascore ranges between 75 and 100. should be doable right?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Awesome!

Can't wait to play as a female assassin and figure out the features that Ubisoft have decided to add due to different gender

Toggle Spoiler

Rangers F.C

Played and loved 1 + 2 then started brotherhood and thought it was same old same old so hope they mix it up a bit in three

PRO Member

This will be the reason I but a VITA
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12