Is the Vita as powerful as they say ???

This is a discussion on Is the Vita as powerful as they say ??? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Don't get me wrong I have been very impressed with my Vita , but I don't think the Vita has ...

Rangers F.C

Is the Vita as powerful as they say ???

Don't get me wrong I have been very impressed with my Vita , but I don't think the Vita has the graphics power they say it has , what do you guys think ?

Indie Game Developer

Have you played Uncharted Golden Abyss, WipEout 2048, or Rayman Origins? And then realized these are launch titles? Yes, I think the Vita is as powerful as they say. If Sony Bend gets to keep going with portable Uncharted games, I think that they might be able to really make some huge advancements. They are one of the best devs currently working on the Vita, and since Uncharted 1 was very close to Golden Abyss, I think it's not completely unreasonable to hope for something graphically closer to Uncharted 2 on their next go.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Prayer Warrior

the console is as much as powerful as they say. it's just up to developers to take full advantage of that. but these are launch titles we have and only uncharted and wipeout really show somewhat of what the vita can do. look at the difference bewteen uncharted 1 and uncharted 3 on the ps3. HUGE difference.....so just imagine how the vita games will look once developers learn to develop for it

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's still early days for the Vita and developers will create better looking and fun to play games as time goes on, which will tap into the power of the Vita. To be fair, games like Uncharted GA are very impressive considering it's a launch title. So yeah, chill and be patient.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Oh very much so. There are games on their that look quite impressive, like Golden Abyss, Rayman Origins, Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet. Sure the last two are upcoming, but they look awesome. Mortal Kombat looks alright, but it has an impressive 60 fps rate. It is very powerful.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Sure it is, Uncharted Golden Abyss is a masterpiece, and it is just a launch title, the future is bright for the Vita.

United Military Gamers

I can just imagine the Vita getting better, already plat'd Unit 13 now working on Uncharted....

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Retired

Yes, it is as powerful as they say, not as powerful as PS3 but still very powerful.

Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are coming to the Vita, these just may make the Vita sales go up (I don't like them but I just might buy them)

And now there are some PS3 games getting ported to the Vita, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Playstation Battle Royale etc.

Mr. X

Golden Abyss looks fantastic and it's a launch title. Developers learn new tricks and ways to get the best out of consoles as their lifetime passes. Just look at launch titles for the 3 home consoles Sony have released compared to ones later in their lifetime.

Look how Square improved from Final Fantasy VII to IX. So, yes, I believe it is as powerful as they say.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

PRO Member

Really want to pick one up. Probably wait till the bundle with AC comes out

And yes I think it's as powerful as reported. Just looking at gameplay videos it looks impressive
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Rangers F.C

Ihave played Uncharted and it looks great , but been looking at new releases and they are saying that games look barren , also does anyone no if you will ever be able to remote play ps3 titles like skyrim

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i love the vita it is really great so yes it is as powerful as the people say.

Trophys And Anime

****** of The AG

I want to get my hands on one so bad Im always playing with the Floor models at gamestop when i go there LOL
    Leader of The American Gamers Clan

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It is unbelievably fast and stable, some complaints but not more then any other portable system.
    fast loading times and great graphical performance for a newly released system.

I think it's safe to say that this system has infinite potential, let's see developers use it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yes it is as powerful as they say but We need more variety of games, There are only 3 games i am going to buy this year on vita they are NFS,AC3 and maybe COD BO. I love playing on it absouletly love it like i said it needs alot more games, The graphics power is good for a handheld Uncharted looks amazing just itīs not perfect like the ps3 versions

Rangers F.C

I have got uncharted but it just don't feel very fun and this is strange to me because I loved the series on Ps3 , was going to buy resistence next but been told its rubbish and looks crap

Rangers F.C

Take back what I said cause been playing Uncharted last couple days and the graphics are awesome for a launch title , want to see more gritty games in the future like Dead Space or something like that