Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How will the graphics of Vita be in 6 years? (State your opinion)

This is a discussion on How will the graphics of Vita be in 6 years? (State your opinion) within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; When the PS3 launched, there weren't many gorgeous looking games, there were very few, most notably Uncharted. But now the ...

Retired

How will the graphics of Vita be in 6 years? (State your opinion)

When the PS3 launched, there weren't many gorgeous looking games, there were very few, most notably Uncharted. But now the graphics have improved tremendously. Do you think Vita's graphics will also develop? Personally, I think it will be like the launch PS3 titles, nothing more. (That's a good thing)

PRO Member

Yes I agree look Resistance:BS the graphics on that are real poor in fairness but then you get release day game like Uncharted GA and graphics in that were quite amazing. Hopefully things get better

Legendary...Nuff Said

The PS3's graphics have improved, developers have improved how well they're making graphics, which comes from new game engines, new tech, and becoming comfortable with the system.

I believe that in x amount of years, the Vita's games will definitely have improved graphics for the above reasons.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 06-24-2012 at 12:43 PM.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    The PS3's graphics haven't improved, developers have improved how well they're making graphics, which comes from new game engines, new tech, and becoming comfortable with the system.

I believe that in x amount of years, the Vita's games will definitely have improved graphics for the above reasons.
    Yes, the Vita's graphics will improve.

The first paragraph doesn't make sense, if it didn't improve how did it look better? The graphics have improved, because of what you stated.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Who is to say they will even be a vita in 6 years? I mean they change names often
    Obvious graphics and visuals will look better but that's not all we want...consumers look for the newest gadgets that can do more and More things than ever before so only time will tell

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think what he means is that developers use more of the PS3's power and make better graphics on the game for the PS3 to display. Think Naughty Dog. Uncharted: DF had good graphics but they improved in Uncharted: AT. They saw that the PS3 could do better and improved the graphics on the game.

I believe it'll be the same way for the PS Vita. Generic/Poor graphics right now, awesome graphics later.
    | Signature and avatar by dsluckay| Platbar by Wadefan1 |

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I think what he means is that developers use more of the PS3's power and make better graphics on the game for the PS3 to display. Think Naughty Dog. Uncharted: DF had good graphics but they improved in Uncharted: AT. They saw that the PS3 could do better and improved the graphics on the game.

I believe it'll be the same way for the PS Vita. Generic/Poor graphics right now, awesome graphics later.
    I guess this.

So says Mr. Stewart

I agree with what everyone above said. I think Vita games will progress in a similar way that PS3 games have. After game developers get the hang of it the graphics will probably start looking better and better. Hopefully they will just keep raising the bar over time.

I don't think it will necessarily be the Vita that changes but probably the process that the developers use to design the graphics will. I think Star Wars 1313 is a great example of this. I saw an interview with one of the lead designers and they were originally from the movie industry. They said that they used some graphics tricks that they learned in the movie industry with them to Star Wars 1313. Judging from the trailers so far I think they really raised the bar. It's so amazing to me that the cutscenes look the same as the actual gameplay.

I think the Vita will be like that eventually too. It will probably just take time and talent to get the Vita's graphics to look as awesome as we hope they will be. Until then I'm still pretty happy with the graphics on the games out there so far.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post

The first paragraph doesn't make sense, if it didn't improve how did it look better? The graphics have improved, because of what you stated.
    I thinkhe's saying the system itself, graphically doesnt improve (unless there is an update). It already has a set capability of what it can do. The reasons the graphics improve is not the system (if I'm inderstanding correctly), it's the game. The developers make new engins, update the graphics etc. thus when you play the game, it looks better. So in turn, it's not the sytem improving, it's the developers graphic making.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

INTJ

anything is better than this

Platinum Procrastinator

Its only common sense that the graphics will be better down the road as developers get more familiar with the system. Hopefully they don't rush future games and give them the time they need to be as good as they should be. I'm looking at you Resistance Burning Skies!
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

As said above the graphics will improve as the developers get more and more used to the system. THe only thing that will stop this is if they don't think the sales will warrant the extra costs involved in developing new engines etc.

Chaos will follow

Graphics don't matter to me unless they are rubbish and take the overall appeal of the game down. I saw my friend play Burning Skies and Golden Abyss and they looked like the newer PSP games did, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it isn't a great thing. I'm sure once the Vita has been out longer, with more developers on it, the graphics will improve.

Legendary...Nuff Said

As Bush said, the PS3's graphics have not improved, developers have just gotten better with making graphics for that system. Fundamentally, there haven't been many changes as to what the PS3 has to offer, graphics-wise.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    As Bush said, the PS3's graphics have not improved, developers have just gotten better with making graphics for that system. Fundamentally, there haven't been many changes as to what the PS3 has to offer, graphics-wise.
    Yes, Uncharted 3 looks identical to Uncharted 1, your highness.

The Bushiest Pig

Yes, Uncharted 3 looks identical to Uncharted 1, your highness.
    What do you not get? The reasons for the change in graphics in games is mainly/chiefely due to the developers updating stuff on their end, like the egine or something else. It's not the PS3's graphics getting better, it's the game's graphics due to the developers.

Say the PS3 has a graphics limit of 75% (just making something up), say UC1 was at 40% and UC3 is at 60%, it's looking better cause it's getting closer to the max of what the system can offer (idk if this was a good example or not ... or if it's even right lol).

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    What do you not get? The reasons for the change in graphics in games is mainly/chiefely due to the developers updating stuff on their end, like the egine or something else. It's not the PS3's graphics getting better, it's the game's graphics due to the developers.

Say the PS3 has a graphics limit of 75% (just making something up), say UC1 was at 40% and UC3 is at 60%, it's looking better cause it's getting closer to the max of what the system can offer (idk if this was a good example or not ... or if it's even right lol).
    I understand what he's saying, the graphics did improve, the graphics system/unit did not improve.

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

The vita WILL have graphic improvements unless sony goes under. (about 5% chance) because it would have been a waste of time on the vita because overall the biggest improvement on PS3 is GRAPHICS, which leads to poor VITA sales. Sony is smart and will think about the future on this, and WILL make the vita's graphics better.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

WWE:
    Favorite TEN (Active Performers) - Cesaro, Kofi Kingston, Wyatt Family, The Shield, Big E Langston, Daniel Bryan

The Bushiest Pig

I understand what he's saying, the graphics did improve, the graphics system/unit did not improve.
    Oh, my bad then

Dare da Musically Strange

I think the Vita will eventually have better graphics than the PS3 and maybe a step down or less from the PS4 (assuming the PS4 has improved graphics compared to the PS3). There might be a new model of the Vita that will be on par to the improved PS4 graphics, maybe a PS Vita Slim or something?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.14
    My Trophy Checklist.

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 1
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast