Power Grip for the Ps Vita

This is a discussion on Power Grip for the Ps Vita within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I believe if you have a Vita then you must own this: It is like the trigger grips minus the ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Power Grip for the Ps Vita

I believe if you have a Vita then you must own this:

It is like the trigger grips minus the trigger attachment, but it makes look more like a playstation controller. According to Nyko the developers of this product this attachment gives you x2 the battery life for $25 while gamestop says it gives you 50% more battery life priced at $30. Even if it gives you 50% am still looking forward to buying one of these because it looks like a great deal.

Nyko - Products - Power Grip For Ps Vita
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/acce...ps-vita/102036

Lvl 4 - Silver

Looks pretty cool! thanks for sharing

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    Looks pretty cool! thanks for sharing
    am just concerned for one thing and that is that it could damage your ps vita's battery and since its 3rd party the warranty is different-not that am saying that it is but some 3rd party accessories have turned out bad am still getting it

Platinum Procrastinator

I might have to purchase one of these. I already have the trigger grips, but I still find that they don't give me enough to hold onto. However, these look a lot better and anything that provides more battery life is awesome.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

So says Mr. Stewart

Ooh :drool: thx for sharing! I'm definitely putting this on my wishlist! It would be nice to have a better grip on the Vita.

While looking at this I also saw a Vita touchpen set. I'm gonna put that on my list too!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/acce...p&cross=803236

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

seems like i should pick this up sometime soon

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 1 - Bronze

looks good... anything that can increase the poor battery life is a definite for me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

these are amazing. Much easier to hold onto the system.

Lvl 6 - Silver

not only are the specs good but it is actually better than that portable battery that costs 50 and gives you about 2 hrs

Chaos will follow

According to Nyko the developers of this product this attachment gives you x2 the battery life for $25 while gamestop says it gives you 50% more battery life priced at $30.
    Wait, what? Nyko says you get 2x the battery life at $25, while Gamestop says you get 50% at $30? That's less for more if what Gamestop said is true.

This is pretty fucking sweet though, I played my friend's and the Vita did have (a very minor) problem of not having that much grip, like the PSP did. So I will probably buy this when I get mine this summer.

PRO Member

Oh nice. I preordered one and that was one of the things I was wondering about because I have big hands. That's the problem I've run into with every other handheld I've ever played. Thanks for posting
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18//GDT COMPs bar by djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

It looks kind of silly to be honest. I wouldn't see myself playing my vita out in public if I was using that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Kinda cool that it extends the battery life even though it doesn't need it. But I have the Nerf one. It gives you a bad ass grip to the system and protects it incase you drop it. Other than that, it looks goofy as hell and not needed.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Other than that, it looks goofy as hell and not needed.
    I have to disagree with you although I don't know if you mean the bigger surface area is not needed or the battery life. Either way I argue against both. While I was playing Resistance Burning Skies with the trigger grip attachment, I often found myself hitting the left side of the screen with my thumb causing me to throw grenades or use my weapons second fire by accident. Also, I had to play the Vita while it was plugged in several times due to the battery draining from being fully charged in one sitting.

Because I play it while lying back or sitting in a reclined position, I find that I provide a lot of pressure with both thumbs to try and securely hold the Vita. However, even then it still slips from time to time and I have to readjust my grip when I'm moving them to press different buttons. I would love something that gives me more surface area to hold onto, not to mention, nothing is more annoying than playing the game only to have to stop to break out the charger cord and play with it plugged in. Especially if you're lying down.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I have to disagree with you although I don't know if you mean the bigger surface area is not needed or the battery life. Either way I argue against both. While I was playing Resistance Burning Skies with the trigger grip attachment, I often found myself hitting the left side of the screen with my thumb causing me to throw grenades or use my weapons second fire by accident. Also, I had to play the Vita while it was plugged in several times due to the battery draining from being fully charged in one sitting.

Because I play it while lying back or sitting in a reclined position, I find that I provide a lot of pressure with both thumbs to try and securely hold the Vita. However, even then it still slips from time to time and I have to readjust my grip when I'm moving them to press different buttons. I would love something that gives me more surface area to hold onto, not to mention, nothing is more annoying than playing the game only to have to stop to break out the charger cord and play with it plugged in. Especially if you're lying down.
    You lost me at bigger surface area. The battery life extender is nice but not needed because the fact that you can plug it into any outlet to charge it within the life span and unless you live in a 3rd world country, you will never run out of battery life. Not to mention I find it hard to believe people play it 4+ hours at a time without charging it. And the grips I was talking about the Nerf one.... If you don't know what I'm talking about, look into it. You might like that better since it provides protection to your system.

I'm not sure how I confused you after re-reading my post. Just pay for that device and move on. I got the nerf one which solved all my problems.

When I get my 2nd vita. I MIGHT consider this just to try out, but like I said in my other post. With the Nerf one, this is nice, but not needed.

Lvl 6 - Silver

its not like youre gonna be carrying your charger everywhere well i know that am not anyway it seems like a good deal better than what you suggested

Platinum Procrastinator

I'll have to look into the Nerf one then and see if I like the way it looks. I will agree with you though that this one does look goofy, but as long as it makes the Vita easier to hold I'm all for it. I currently use the Trigger Grips (pictured below) and even though they do give me more surface area to hold onto. I still find it a bit to small.

Lvl 7 - Gold

the extra battery life and the controller like attachment is definitely needed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can see how it would help, but I feel like it would be awkward to hold, like it would be too big and you wouldn't be able to reach the buttons comfortably. This is coming from a person with long fingers...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    its not like youre gonna be carrying your charger everywhere well i know that am not anyway it seems like a good deal better than what you suggested
    If your going to be traveling, you bet your ass you will. But its so easy to keep it around you whether your traveling or at home, but if you don't want to keep it around you.. When your done playing throw it on the charger. See I find it hard to believe people are playing it so much that the battery runs out on a full charge. What I believe is more realistic is people are failing to charge it up when they're done and with the WIFI and all kinds of stuff turned on, the battery is slowly running down so when you do pick it back up, you're left with only 1-2 hours of gaming instead of the 4-5 from a full charge.

The battery life of the system as a whole is fine. It's the same or better as the PSP, and it's better than the 3ds. Which both handhelds do not compete in hardware. Problem is that people don't charge their system and they leave it on standby. The psp was fine with going in standby, but the Vita runs applications in the backround while in standby so it drains the battery. Turn the system off and charge it, or atleast just charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'll have to look into the Nerf one then and see if I like the way it looks. I will agree with you though that this one does look goofy, but as long as it makes the Vita easier to hold I'm all for it. I currently use the Trigger Grips (pictured below) and even though they do give me more surface area to hold onto. I still find it a bit to small.

Yah it's pretty nice, and that thing your using currently doesn't look too comfortable. If your just looking for something to make it easier to hold, The Nerf one will do or go on Amazon. Amazon.com: CTA Digital PS Vita Hand Grip: Video Games

Same concept, Niko probably stole the idea from them. Just no extra battery.

EDIT: Now what would intrigue me is if Sony or one of these companies actually designed a similar add-on but it included the L2 and R2 so it can be used as a true controller for Remote play. Cause if all the games that Sony said worked that were remote play, it'd be hard to play some games without a L2 and R2. I'd love to play DCUO on my vita while in another state or city.

And here is the Nerf Armor. You may or may not like it. I love it. http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Nerf-Ar...&keywords=vita