Want Borderlands 2 for the Vita? Bug Sony enough first

This is a discussion on Want Borderlands 2 for the Vita? Bug Sony enough first within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Pitchford would love for an outside developer to create Borderlands 2 Vita • News • Eurogamer.net Gearbox Software boss Randy ...

INTJ

Want Borderlands 2 for the Vita? Bug Sony enough first

Pitchford would love for an outside developer to create Borderlands 2 Vita • News • Eurogamer.net

Gearbox Software boss Randy Pitchford would love for an outside developer to create a PlayStation Vita version of Borderlands 2.

Speaking to an audience at Rezzed this afternoon, Pitchford said Gearbox is too busy to make the game, but is excited by the idea of cloud powered connectivity between PlayStation 3 and Vita.
    "One of the things I wish Sony would do is get behind Borderlands, because I'd love to see a Vita version of the game," he said.

"I want to be able to have the character I'm working on with my PS3, and then when I'm on the road with my Vita I can just keep developing that same character because it exists on the cloud somewhere.
    "Technologically, that's possible."

Pitchford called on the crowd at the PC and indie game show to badger Sony to push for a Vita version of the co-op first-person shooter.

"Perhaps some of you folks can convince Sony to start that," he said. "We're too busy to develop it ourselves. But I know there are a lot of talented developers who could take our code, our source and our content and perhaps create something like that.
    "That would be exciting to me."

if sony wants the vita to actually get sales they should go with this.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

But how good would it be if Gearbox didn't develop it? I mean it wouldn't be quite the same.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Mr. X

I'd rather have original games rather than ports of PS3 games.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Kid, not loser

So they want Sony to put all development on the Vita version? To publish and make it? That's asking a lot. I would be down, but I think Sony would want the WHOLE ip before that to happen.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

Where can you pester Sony to do this? Shall I chain myself to the local Sony centre?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    So they want Sony to put all development on the Vita version? To publish and make it? That's asking a lot. I would be down, but I think Sony would want the WHOLE ip before that to happen.
    they want to sell the vita to more than a million people right?

they have a good opportunity here. people would buy a vita just for portable borderlands 2.

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they want to sell the vita to more than a million people right?

they have a good opportunity here. people would buy a vita just for portable borderlands 2.
    I agree, I think it would definitely sell a hell of a lot more units, but I think Sony should just pay Gearbox to do so instead of Gearbox asking Sony to do the whole thing. It's Gearboxes game, why should Sony port it over for them, when Gearbox really could just do it themselves?(even though they say they're busy) Even if it sells a ton more.
    Also like I said before, I don't think Sony would Publish it unless they got the whole shebang.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Saints Row IV

I think gearbox should develop the game itself and not all work too sony.I hope it wont be crap
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 3 - Bronze

issue is Sony have already a ton of own first party studios and own bunch of AAA titles on the forge, due the current financial status i doubt sony will pour their own money and resources for a game that isn't their exclusive !