Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 - PSVita trophy bridge... When?

This is a discussion on PS3 - PSVita trophy bridge... When? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I know the PSVita is only like a few months old, but you would think that Sony woulda had the ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

PS3 - PSVita trophy bridge... When?

I know the PSVita is only like a few months old, but you would think that Sony woulda had the bridge all sorted out before its release. What are your thoughts on earning trophies on the Vita but not seeing them on your PS3 profile? between my cousin and i, we have about 130 trophies. thats a big booster to our profiles but we get nothing.

Resident PHD

Well they are still added to your score, so don't worry about it boosting your score up.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Fight the Future

I couldn't care less if they are added to the PS3 or not. I can see why some people want the feature but personally I don't feel that it is a needed feature and I'd prefer Sony to work on bigger things first.

Level 5 Esper

Like the good doctor says, it's included in your overall trophy score, so even though you don't see it on the PS3, you're not losing anything besides the ability to see it on your PS3.

Personally, I'm indifferent since the loading time is sometimes crazy for me because of the sheer amount of games and trophies I would guess. Wouldn't want the loading time to increase, but then again, if it doesn't bridge, it feels missing lol
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Platinum Procrastinator

Its just another thing to add to the list of stuff that should have been working when the Vita launched. However, like Mayus said the trophies do add to your total, just you can't view them on your PS3 which isn't that big of a deal.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 7 - Gold

As long as the Vita trophies add up to your trophylevel i'm satisfied. I'd rather prefer Sony to fully open remote play cause that would be one of the major issues for people to buy a Vita.... Why isnt Sony listening to the community??

Lvl 7 - Gold

its all about the
    if it makes a ton of money they go
    if it makes a little money theyre not interested
    if it makes no money youre wasting their time
    if it loses them money, theyll kill you

so they really dont care what their clientele think, except if it makes them richer (by a lot)

MUCH THANX TO BLADIA FOR THE KICKASS SIG!!!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Who cares? Honestly, this is NOT a problem that Sony should be even remotely focusing on. The Vita already has a shitton of problems, and Sony is not backing up the system correctly, so why worry about trophies if you were them.

Seriously, it's like asking for a cup of tea from Winston Churchill as your shelter is being bombed.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

100% Grizzly

What are all of the problems that the Vita has except for not having PS1 yet?

There are two small things that I want Sony to do. The first is making Vita trophies visible on PS3 and the second is giving me my damn sort games alphabetically on my PS3.

Ninja Master

@bagel yo can get ps1 games u downloaded on ur ps3 keep the bubble then content manager with ur vita easy. and the blue solid light bs

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Who cares? Honestly, this is NOT a problem that Sony should be even remotely focusing on. The Vita already has a shitton of problems, and Sony is not backing up the system correctly, so why worry about trophies if you were them.

Seriously, it's like asking for a cup of tea from Winston Churchill as your shelter is being bombed.
    I have a Vita. And it didn't come with a shitton of problems. I had a look into the box again, thought I might have missed them when unboxing but nope... nothing.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbear View Post
    What are all of the problems that the Vita has except for not having PS1 yet?

There are two small things that I want Sony to do. The first is making Vita trophies visible on PS3 and the second is giving me my damn sort games alphabetically on my PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    I have a Vita. And it didn't come with a shitton of problems. I had a look into the box again, thought I might have missed them when unboxing but nope... nothing.
    I don't mean bugs with the system, I mean Sony's support of it. It needs new games, and those games need to be supported. It needs the promised cross-play, it needs other things.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Jacko has his points. Sony needs to back up the Vita. It's a fine piece of hardware, but it needs more original titles that make you go, "Oooh, I'd buy a Vita for that!", not just ports. Sony doesn't seem to realize how powerful it is and can be. Trophy bridging should be at the bottom of their list of things to do.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

100% Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Jacko has his points. Sony needs to back up the Vita. It's a fine piece of hardware, but it needs more original titles that make you go, "Oooh, I'd buy a Vita for that!", not just ports. Sony doesn't seem to realize how powerful it is and can be. Trophy bridging should be at the bottom of their list of things to do.
    It seems like something that would take so little time though.

The Vita has some good games already and you can't blame Sony for the library. Other developers have to make games too. There are games coming out and ones already out that could be up someone's alley.

Army Corps of Hell
    Assassin's Creed III Liberation
    Dragon's Crown
    Dynasty Warriors NEXT
    Gravity Rush
    Hot Shots Gold World Invitational
    Little Big Planet Vita
    Mod Nation Racers
    Ragnarok Odyssey
    Resistance Burning Skies
    Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
    Soul Sacrifice
    Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
    Touch My Katamari
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

You have to blame all developers for there being a small amount of games. Granted, the Vita has only been out for seven months since the Japanese release and a mere 5 from US release. Give it some time. The one thing I will fault Sony for was not having PS1 on the Vita from the start.

Fight the Future

I don't mean bugs with the system, I mean Sony's support of it. It needs new games, and those games need to be supported. It needs the promised cross-play, it needs other things.
    So you consider Sony not supporting the Vita to be "a shitton of problems?"

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    So you consider Sony not supporting the Vita to be "a shitton of problems?"
    That's a damn big problem, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbear View Post
    It seems like something that would take so little time though.

The Vita has some good games already and you can't blame Sony for the library. Other developers have to make games too. There are games coming out and ones already out that could be up someone's alley.

Army Corps of Hell
    Assassin's Creed III Liberation
    Dragon's Crown
    Dynasty Warriors NEXT
    Gravity Rush
    Hot Shots Gold World Invitational
    Little Big Planet Vita
    Mod Nation Racers
    Ragnarok Odyssey
    Resistance Burning Skies
    Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
    Soul Sacrifice
    Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
    Touch My Katamari
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

You have to blame all developers for there being a small amount of games. Granted, the Vita has only been out for seven months since the Japanese release and a mere 5 from US release. Give it some time. The one thing I will fault Sony for was not having PS1 on the Vita from the start.
    I blame Sony for not promoting the games well. The fact that they were completely omitted from E3 was a huge mistake.

Lvl 8 - Gold

is there a better way to delete messages,takes me forever to delete them.

Fight the Future

That's a damn big problem, yes.

I blame Sony for not promoting the games well. The fact that they were completely omitted from E3 was a huge mistake.
    Not to be a dick or anything, but that is one problem. Saying there is a "shitton" of problems implies that there is a lot of things that are wrong with the system when in reality the only thing the system really needs is more games. I'm not saying that isn't a problem, but they system certainly doesn't have a lot of problems.

Platinum Procrastinator

The bottom line is that Sony should of had the foresight to add trophies to the PS3 from the start for the Vita/PS3 viewing. They knew trophies are a big part of the PS3 and when spending all of that time making a new handheld, it should've worked from the start, period. The same thing applies with cross play, especially since this was one, if not the biggest piece of advertising they had going when wanting to promote the product.

They've also done a piss poor job of focusing on it since launch and it really shows. Its sad that the most supported game is Escape Plan as the developer continues to pump out DLC for it and patch the game considering it was a launch title. Even 5-6 months after its release, I can count the number of good games (what I consider to be good and worth buying anyways) on one hand.

Sony really dropped the ball on the Vita so far and it shouldn't have happened. Everyone was bragging about the launch lineup and number of great games that were coming. Where are they I ask? Bottom line, I like my Vita, but I should of held off on buying one until they worked some of the issues out and had a better library of games.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    The bottom line is that Sony should of had the foresight to add trophies to the PS3 from the start for the Vita/PS3 viewing. They knew trophies are a big part of the PS3 and when spending all of that time making a new handheld, it should've worked from the start, period. The same thing applies with cross play, especially since this was one, if not the biggest piece of advertising they had going when wanting to promote the product.

They've also done a piss poor job of focusing on it since launch and it really shows. Its sad that the most supported game is Escape Plan as the developer continues to pump out DLC for it and patch the game considering it was a launch title. Even 5-6 months after its release, I can count the number of good games (what I consider to be good and worth buying anyways) on one hand.

Sony really dropped the ball on the Vita so far and it shouldn't have happened. Everyone was bragging about the launch lineup and number of great games that were coming. Where are they I ask? Bottom line, I like my Vita, but I should of held off on buying one until they worked some of the issues out and had a better library of games.
    I'm not so sure about that. Sure on a trophy site people will think trophies are a huge deal, but in the grand scheme of things "trophy hunters" are a minority of PS3 gamers. 90% of my friends who aren't on a trophy related website couldn't care less about trophies. Should Sony have had the trophy bridge have worked from launch? Absolutely, but I can assure you it is a bigger deal to the people here than anyone else.

As far as games, I always want more good games but I have been very happy so far. I've had a 3DS since launch and have 3 games for it (the only ones I think are worth playing) and I have triple the amount of Vita games. So yes, we all want more games but in my opinion it has had a much better launch than the other system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast