Trophy Support

This is a discussion on Trophy Support within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Need some help understanding the difference between PS Vita and PS3. I love collecting trophies and thought that the Vita ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Trophy Support

Need some help understanding the difference between PS Vita and PS3. I love collecting trophies and thought that the Vita might be a nice addition to the PS3 while I commute to work and add some trophies. Can someone explain how the Vita's trophies compare to the PS3.

Can the trophies sync to the PS3 so I can see my trophies on my PS3?
    Do the trophies only show on PSN or PS3Trophies sight?
    So, If I am playing MW3 on my PS3 can I collect trophies for the same game on the Vita and PS3 and sync them together?

I am kind of picky about my trophies (pride, etc) and like having them all on my PS3.........

Thanks for the help, I am no technology buff but the idea of adding trophies to my collection while commuting to work sounds promising.

Buy my book, Alteration

-No, Vita trophies are for only Vita viewing (for now)
    -Do you mean this site? The site registers Vita trophies fine, you can see them here.
    -I get what you're saying, but first, MW3 isn't on Vita. Anyway, certain games feature that cross-platform feature of one trophy list. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Madden 13 has that. And upcoming Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will have one crossed trophy list. I don't think it's a very common feature, but a worthwhile one.
    Hope I helped.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Kid, not loser

Everything Digital said, also will add that the trophies you get on the Vita DO add to your total trophy count and percentage no matter the system you're on. You just can't view the trophies directly.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Resident PHD

And finally if you get a game like Rayman (for example) you can now earn 2 platinums for both the ps3 and vita version.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Except that with Rayman Origins, you'll have to play through both the Vita version and the PS3 version AND purchase/rent/borrow/steal both versions. Games such as Motorstorm RC, however, only require 1 purchase for both versions and if you get a trophy on 1 version you also get the same trophy on the other version (you have to at least boot up the other version to get the trophy though) effectively allowing you to get 2 plats for playing through the game once (or however many times you need to play through to get the plat).

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 4 - Silver

Trophies you have earned on your ps vita in Ps Vita games will not show up in your trophy list on ps3, but all your games (including ps3 games and ps vita games) show up on the vita and all trophies earned will count to your total and you will level up your "trophy level".

Your ps vita trophies will show up on ps3trophies.com together with you other trophies (just like the ps3's trophies).

This maybe was a too late answer and u maybe already knew this, but there maybe some other ppl wondering..

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)