Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What do you want Sony to do to increase Vita sales?

This is a discussion on What do you want Sony to do to increase Vita sales? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm not sure a price drop does any good for it. It doesn't make it more useful, nor does it ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm not sure a price drop does any good for it. It doesn't make it more useful, nor does it make any games (the actual content you bought it for) any better. You all sound childish, like you won't wait patiently until you can afford it. It is also not the situation where that would be a good sales tactic, they would certainly lose money and gain only a small amount of new owners.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Right now, I just want more Vita versions of games. Like Rainbow Moon should be on thE vITA.
    this is so true. would be PERFECT for my vita, but for the most part, people have shit for brains, and so i have to put up with what they give me...
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 6 - Silver

lower price...

I want the system but as a semi-casual player nothing has made me NEED to have it..

If I could play any ps3 game on it I would get it at this price though, the AC bundle sounds interesting though

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I would like to point out that the Vita does have more original AAA games than the 3ds...but you praise that constantly.
    only good games on the vita are gravity rush and Katamari. Katarmari gets boring after awhile though and Gravity Rush is only good when the story is there, otherwise it just gets boring quick.

Everything i seen on the PS Store so far is just AR Gimmicks (pulzAR, fun for like 10 minutes till you get annoyed because you have to reset the cards every five minutes. haven't bought the other AR games.), Free games to push vita sales (motorstorm), and more stuff

Sound Shapes seems ok, but i dunno.

I play Kid icarus, Theatrhythm, Rhythm Thief, Starfox, Mario kart 7, Resident Evil, And a shitton of more games on my 3DS.

that doesn't even include the downloadable games like Pushmo, Colors 3D, Sakura Samurai, and more.

These games have massive replayability and are really entertaining (Resident evil isn't really replayable, but It's still really fun because it's like the old resident evils with a RE4 Style camera)

probably going to add kingdom hearts to that list too.
    Last edited by Ps360; 07-12-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    lower price...
    I want the system but as a semi-casual player nothing has made me NEED to have it..
    If I could play any ps3 game on it I would get it at this price though, the AC bundle sounds interesting though
    This.

Price drop would be nice and a wider choice of games.
    The AC bundle seems good but not good enough to make me want the Vita. (maybe if I'll have some cash to spare )

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Vita kinda suffer from 1 account pr. Vita, since the Region Free is kinda useless, if you can't utilize the DLC for set game on your main account.

Lvl 7 - Gold

More games, the use of apps while you're playing games, REMOTE PLAY IS AN ABSOLUTELY NEED, and a lower price is always nice.

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by Kam11ru View Post
    This.

Price drop would be nice and a wider choice of games.
    The AC bundle seems good but not good enough to make me want the Vita. (maybe if I'll have some cash to spare )
    I agree.
    this console needs a price drop and more new games and less ports!
    If they made a bundle for the golden that would make my day but I guess AC bundle is cool as well

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I want MORE GAMES!!!
    there are some good ones, but nothing addictive.
    Sony should pay 3rd party developers to make vita games
    call of duty, need for speed and assassins creed are already coming
    borderlands, rayman legends, burnout and bioshock would make this thing a big seller

we know this thing can do a lot more than the 3DS,
    we just need more games!

United Military Gamers

More games & Remote Play !!

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    only good games on the vita are gravity rush and Katamari. Katarmari gets boring after awhile though and Gravity Rush is only good when the story is there, otherwise it just gets boring quick.

Everything i seen on the PS Store so far is just AR Gimmicks (pulzAR, fun for like 10 minutes till you get annoyed because you have to reset the cards every five minutes. haven't bought the other AR games.), Free games to push vita sales (motorstorm), and more stuff

do you even have a vita? there are plenty of awesome games for the thing.
    I agree the 3DS has an advantage over the vita in games but Vita's games have better physics and graphics and there aren't 2 crappy screens but one big beautiful screen with frontal and back touch. 3DS is a fine system, but I think Vita has way more potential.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

do you even have a vita? there are plenty of awesome games for the thing.
    I agree the 3DS has an advantage over the vita in games but Vita's games have better physics and graphics and there aren't 2 crappy screens but one big beautiful screen with frontal and back touch. 3DS is a fine system, but I think Vita has way more potential.

Ice Cream Firefighter

5 free psn game downloads that might interest me but I don like playing on a small screen I like my 50inch thats why I never got a PSP

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Saints Row IV

They need a price drop,a bundle maybe? Oh, and of course, more PSV exclusives!
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Ok, just stay with me on this one: for PS exclusive games that release on PS3 and Vita (and are the same exact game), release the retail PS3 game with a code that allows you to download the Vita version on PS Store. An example of this type of game could be the new Sly Cooper game.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Contents:
    • PS3 game case with cover-art
    • Game manual
    • PS3 game
    • Exclusive code to download Vita version on Store.
    Will the new sly game actually be like that? Does that mean double trophies? Just like Motorstorm RC, i bought one version and got both, earned platinum om my ps3, downloaded it and started it up on my vita and all the trophies popped (free platinum!!) and all my times and everything was synced from the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jooakim View Post
    Will the new sly game actually be like that? Does that mean double trophies? Just like Motorstorm RC, i bought one version and got both, earned platinum om my ps3, downloaded it and started it up on my vita and all the trophies popped (free platinum!!) and all my times and everything was synced from the ps3.
    1 platinum combined on PS3 and Vita.

Lvl 4 - Silver

More games, the only series that has given more then 1 release is LEGO Games but they suck ass because they are 3ds ports and the graphics are horrible btw. I want more games the only ones i want is AC Liberation,Maybe Cod and maybe NFS MW need to see gameplay before i decide but AC liberation looks awesome

Fight the Future

You really should state that its your opinion rather than always stating your opinion as fact. I think you'd catch a lot less flak if you did that, although I think part of the reason you're here is to piss the Sony fanboys off which I do find quite humorous as well.

Anywho, I disagree with you. Gravity Rush is great and so is Katamari (what little I've played) but the Vita has a lot more great games as well, even if they aren't your cup of tea.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a fantastic handheld game, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is fantastic (and I think you'd like this one, you should check it out), Escape Plan is a fun puzzle game that makes good use of the systems functions, and Unit 13 is a fun third person shooter. Those are just exclusives off the top of my head.

Other great games worth playing are F1 2011, ModNation Racers, Hot Shots Golf, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (I own the original and Black on Xbox, and Sigma on PS3 and I think the Vita version is the best yet) Disgaea 3, Resistance: Burning Skies (although I'm sure you'd hate this game, it's not Halo or BF3) Plants Vs. Zombies (also my favorite version) and many more.

On the other hand my 3DS sees very few games. Harvest Moon and occasionally some Mario Kart and Mario Land (or whatever the platformer is called, can't recall off the top of my head.) Other than that it just gets used for SoulSilver and not much else. I haven't found pretty anything that really interests me for the 3DS.

Anyways, that is all my opinion, of course.

Lvl 4 - Silver

My opinion on price

Toggle Spoiler

My opinion on the games

Toggle Spoiler

To summarise what I just said if you didn't read it:
    Vita wifi price is good
    Vita 3G price is bad compared to wifi (due to needing to pay for 3G plans)
    Memory card price is bad (since they are 4 times the normal memory card price)
    Vita has plenty of games if you are prepared to buy PSP games or like a variety of genre's. (and soon PS1)

To make it sell better they just need to advertise all the games better. In E3 they shows 3 games in the conference. On show were over 30 games, why couldn't those other 27 games have got some mention?
    Also they really need to get as many popular IP's on the system as possible.
    That should be enough to get more people to buy it but everyone will keep saying price drop because the 3DS got one.
    Last edited by Doomlor0; 07-15-2012 at 04:09 PM.

PRO Member

Price: the 3G model should be lowered, but it's definitely worth it. The hardware is fast and responsive, the cameras work great and the screen is stunning. It feels and looks like a quality device.

Hardware: As I've mentioned before, it's very fast and is able to multi-task, which is something the PS3 isn't even fully capable of doing right now. Dual cameras (on the back and front of Vita, but they wont replace your phones or digital cam) that work great, and the touch screen works very well. I would much rather use the Vita's touch-screen then my phones. The screen is easily one of the best on a hand-held device. The only complaint that I have is the memory cards, which once again are proprietary and incredibly slow (for now), especially for what they're charging for them.

Games: This is where the problem is (for both Vita and 3DS). There are good titles out now and some that will be releasing soon, but nothing to really "die for". We need a couple of big name titles (Final Fantasy, Kingdom hearts, etc) to increase the popularity and sales. Games sell systems.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast