Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What do you want Sony to do to increase Vita sales?

This is a discussion on What do you want Sony to do to increase Vita sales? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Definitely need more good Vita exclusives, specifically RPGs. My opinion is that shooters like CoD/BF3 will work much better on ...

Level 5 Esper

Definitely need more good Vita exclusives, specifically RPGs. My opinion is that shooters like CoD/BF3 will work much better on the PS3 since your tv screen should be larger than the screen on the Vita. That's why I've been hesitant to buy Resistance. Disgaea, even though it's a basically a port, is a good step in the right direction.

Since handhelds can be taken and played almost anywhere, you can continue your story anytime you want. Gravity Rush is a great exclusive for the Vita and in the future, AC: Liberation, FFX, and other good action/platform/RPGs should also raise sales. There are probably lots of great RPG games only in Japanese, but will never get translated which is a shame.
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Ok, just stay with me on this one: for PS exclusive games that release on PS3 and Vita (and are the same exact game), release the retail PS3 game with a code that allows you to download the Vita version on PS Store. An example of this type of game could be the new Sly Cooper game.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Contents:
    • PS3 game case with cover-art
    • Game manual
    • PS3 game
    • Exclusive code to download Vita version on Store.
    This. And they should certainly do this with any future HD remakes.

Firstly, having store shelves full of PS3 games with a sticker that says "Includes free code for PS Vita version" increases visibility to consumers which increases awareness. It begs the question "I get a free code for a PS Vita version, what is a PS Vita?" Secondly, anyone who buys one or more of these games instantly has a reason (or an excuse) to buy a PS Vita. Not everyone will rush out to buy a Vita to take advantage of a free pack in code, but some will (and the amount is measurable), and the more free pack in codes a person collects, the more likely they are to buy a Vita to take advantage the pack in codes. And the best thing about this strategy is that if it doesn't work, it only costs Sony the development costs to make a PS Vita port of a PS3/PS2 game (which they are doing anyway)

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123