should i get one?

This is a discussion on should i get one? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; well at the moment i don't have a portable Gaming device and with time passing i am finding myself more ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

should i get one?

well at the moment i don't have a portable Gaming device and with time passing i am finding myself more increasingly on the move and it can get boring in the car or when im away from home ... and something for the flight when i go on holiday would be good.

i am just wondering whether getting a Ps vita would be worth it, i mean they are pretty expensive

just wondered what your opinions are like on them and are there many good games for Vita ?

oh and can you put the full games for PS3 on the Vita because i have a few of them i haven't played yet

Resident PHD

I think there are some great games for the Vita with more on the way (don't forget it has only been out for a couple of months here). Uncharted, Rayman, Gravity Rush, Modnation to name a few. It has some good apps on it as well like youtube, skype, group chat etc. to add value to it as well

Finally since summer is here there are a bunch of deals out there depending on where you live.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Legendary...Nuff Said

Short answer: NO!

At the moment it's a waste of money because it lacks good support from Sony. There's only maybe 3-4 games worth playing on the system, which in and of itself is extremely pricey.

By the time numerous good games come around to the market, the Vita will have already had it's price drop to a much more reasonable price. I bought one on release, and even though it's definitely a nifty device, I see my mistake in that if I had waited for a price drop, I'd still have ended up with the same and also better games, just for a lower price point.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Short answer: NO!

At the moment it's a waste of money because it lacks good support from Sony. There's only maybe 3-4 games worth playing on the system, which in and of itself is extremely pricey.

By the time numerous good games come around to the market, the Vita will have already had it's price drop to a much more reasonable price. I bought one on release, and even though it's definitely a nifty device, I see my mistake in that if I had waited for a price drop, I'd still have ended up with the same and also better games, just for a lower price point.
    I'm gonna say no too... It only has 1 game that I'd buy right now (NGS) all the fighting games I have on PS3 so it would be a waste. I'll wait for the the next, more updated Vita and maybe by then it will have more games out.

Sig by Smashguy

Kid, not loser

It is an amazing system, but like all have said, it needs more to it. Right now I do not use it as much, as I have too much on my PS3 over my Vita. Just wait a little longer, but definitely get it later down the line, as it is awesome.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I guess I'm in the minority, as I love my Vita and have more than a dozen games for it. Resistance, Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Katamari on card. Dynasty Warriors, Sumioni, Escape Plan, Tales from Space, Motorstorm RC, Pinball Arcade, SSDD and the Stardrone port digitally. Then there are the AR games, and all the racing/sports games that I don't personally care for. And as someone else mentioned, there's Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Mortal Kombat... Hot Shots Golf as well. Portable versions of Blazeblue, and Street Fighter X Tekken is coming out soon. If you have the money to buy the games, there are a lot available for it already, and more to come.

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by harry7890 View Post
    well at the moment i don't have a portable Gaming device and with time passing i am finding myself more increasingly on the move and it can get boring in the car or when im away from home ... and something for the flight when i go on holiday would be good.

i am just wondering whether getting a Ps vita would be worth it, i mean they are pretty expensive

just wondered what your opinions are like on them and are there many good games for Vita ?

oh and can you put the full games for PS3 on the Vita because i have a few of them i haven't played yet
    I would try for a Psp,Gba,or Ds just for good game variety and the fact they are dirt cheap. I got all three on a buy two get one free sale for less than a hundred bucks a couple of years back

Buy my book, Alteration

The Vita is a great piece of hardware. However, it shows lack of out-of-the-gate push from Sony, as most of the games "perfect" for Vita aren't coming until later in the year. It's great for the on-the-move kind of guy, but be warned that the best stuff is yet to come.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Simple answer, It may be expensive but it's totally worth it.

PRO Member

Atm no wait for price drop and more to come

Lvl 9 - Gold

get it..... in a year or so.
    its too new for bugs to be sorted out, still too few games, and just plain expensive.
    like mentioned above me by Ace-Murderer234, you are better off with a PSP or a DS, although a GBA is almost obsolete due to DSfatty & DS Lite both play GBA games, except for old school GameBoy Color games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would say it isn't worth getting a vita right now mostly because there isn't enough great games on it yet there might be a price drop in the future also because of its poor sales.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Im buying one just for Persona 4 but hopefully the price will drop by then.

Check Those Corners

Get a PSP to start off until you find some good vita games. PSP right now i think is getting more support than vita from sony. plus there are alot of exclusives brought to it but on there own story
    example, Final Fantasies, jak and daxters, god of wars, square enix games, and most of them are like $14.99 new. I will not buy a vita for a WHILE, and maybe even never. Still buying lots of PSP games and enjoying them. I want to play at least 200+ psp games and only have played 12 now.
    Final Answer: Wait for the SLIM vita in 2015 (i think) and buy a psp to keep you satisfied until than

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Im buying one just for Persona 4 but hopefully the price will drop by then.
    Ditto. I'm playing P3 FES to pass the time.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have the vita and i am very happy with it. Got it rather cheap since i bought it on GameStop summer sale where i got a good priced bundle with ps vita wifi, 4gb memory card and Uncharted Golden abyss and a case as well. Also, the 4 gb memory card is enough for me as i only buy games retail (but i have Treasures of Montezuma Blitz which uses like 500mb at maximum.

At the moment i have Uncharted GA, and wipeout 2048. Both are great games and when i hopefully have platinumed wipeout i'll probably get gravity rush. There are also a few(!) great games that i want and some releases i am looking forward to. I want Black ops Declassified, AC3 liberation and little big planet vita.

And also, don't forget that Sony will have a press conference at Gamescom, Tuesday 14th August. Where i hope to see the new ps3 model (not necessarily for me) and something more about ps vita, like new games and more stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

Rangers F.C

In my opinion I would get it , when I bought mine I wasn't sure whether to get it or not but since I got it I have found it great and as for people saying there are no t many games , there are actually quite a lot

Uncharted Golden Abyss 10/10 30
    Unit 13 8/10 25
    Resistance Burning Skies 8/10 39 Far too expensive
    Metal Gear HD Collection 10/10 24
    Escape Plan 10/10 9
    Motorstorm RC 7/10 4
    Fifa Football 7/10 30

Some games are over priced but not all , and the vita alone is a cool bit of kit , with Youtube and other apps .
    The only problem I have had with the system is that it never supported Remote Play when it said that it would , no biggie

★ Extra Astronomical ★

This week Gamestop has a deal on vitas. A free game and free 4GB memory card with the purchase of a vita. I got Gravity Rush with mine.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Have both Vita and 3ds. I haven't pulled out my 3ds since I got my Vita. If ur waiting for a 50 dollar price cut, you are wasting your time. Many good games are already out for Vita!!