Can you transfer memory from card to card?

This is a discussion on Can you transfer memory from card to card? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; With Cross-Buy unveiled, I realized I need more memory for my Vita, as I only have a 4GB. Can I ...

Buy my book, Alteration

Can you transfer memory from card to card?

With Cross-Buy unveiled, I realized I need more memory for my Vita, as I only have a 4GB. Can I transfer memory I currently have stored my present memory car to a fresh one?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    With Cross-Buy unveiled, I realized I need more memory for my Vita, as I only have a 4GB. Can I transfer memory I currently have stored my present memory car to a fresh one?

Not really sure. But for the moment i guess not. You can do it i think trough pc by putting your data from one card on your pc and then transfer it to your new memory card through content manager. I think.
    As for the cross-buy, i'm really curious how they will implement this. Because it means a free game, for Vita or PS3? But how will you get the game? Maybe in one stack or maybe you have to download the other game on your harddrive?
    Mmmm curious about this one... Cause else it will eat a lot of free hdd space..

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by NTGSruler View Post
    Not really sure. But for the moment i guess not. You can do it i think trough pc by putting your data from one card on your pc and then transfer it to your new memory card through content manager. I think.
    As for the cross-buy, i'm really curious how they will implement this. Because it means a free game, for Vita or PS3? But how will you get the game? Maybe in one stack or maybe you have to download the other game on your harddrive?
    Mmmm curious about this one... Cause else it will eat a lot of free hdd space..
    That makes sense, I'll try that content manager thing.
    Basically, if you buy a PS3 version of a game, it will come with the Vita version of the game, sounds like it will be a voucher. It seems like a good promotion to me.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    That makes sense, I'll try that content manager thing.
    Basically, if you buy a PS3 version of a game, it will come with the Vita version of the game, sounds like it will be a voucher. It seems like a good promotion to me.
    Apparantly it's been confirmed that you HAVE to buy the PS3 version of the game and you get the Vita game for free with a voucher to download. Which means start buying a new memory card as it will fill your memory card very fast.

Lvl 1 - Bronze