Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No Vita Price Drop This Year

This is a discussion on No Vita Price Drop This Year within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ah,come on!I was wanting a price drop so I could actually afford it!...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ah,come on!I was wanting a price drop so I could actually afford it!

Sig by Bladia

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    TearAway, LittleBIGPlanet VITA (sorta)
    While those look good, that's still only two games and a lot of people don't want to pay $250+ just to play them. Not to mention all of the issues Curse already mentioned. In my opinion, the Vita is one of the worst systems to launch in recent history. A lot of things should've been working day one and still haven't been fixed or even addressed yet so my support of Sony has lowered because of it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    While those look good, that's still only two games and a lot of people don't want to pay $250+ just to play them. Not to mention all of the issues Curse already mentioned. In my opinion, the Vita is one of the worst systems to launch in recent history. A lot of things should've been working day one and still haven't been fixed or even addressed yet so my support of Sony has lowered because of it.
    Like ..?

Cipher sent us to hell

I have a Vita and it is a wonderful little handheld, though it does have some flaws. The price is going to be the driving factor keeping this out of gamer's hands. Combine that with a lull in software and you've got an expensive system with very little software support. I honestly thing that instead of working on 3G and new proprietary memory cards, they should have instead included Day 1 support for physical UMDs and Memory Stick Duo cards. This would have given them a legacy of usable software immediately. It would also make the Vita more appealing to those with a PSP, as they know their physical UMD library wouldn't have to collect dust.

I also think they should work with developers to have PSN Digital titles work cross platform naturally, not through Remote Play. I have lots of digital games i've downloaded that are PSN exclusive, but I can only play them on my PS3 or through Remote Play when i'm home. Sony spends more time making new hardware and proprietary memory/peripherals and not enough time supporting it while it's out.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Ghost Assassin

Well, the PS Vita is at a fairly low price for what it offers (at least in north America) so its reasonable that they won't lower the price yet. I'm sure they'll get a decent amount of sales when the exclusive editions and better games come out. Ill be getting the assassins creed edition vita when it comes out.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Like ..?
    Remote play not working like they advertised with Killzone before the Vita even launched. No trophy bridge from your PS3 to the Vita. No support of UMD's from the PSP, resulting in having to repurchase old PSP games. Ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. These are just a few things that should have been fixed or addressed when the Vita launched. Not to mention a weak library of games with little to no support from Sony. The only game I see getting any support is Escape Plan.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Remote play not working like they advertised with Killzone before the Vita even launched. No trophy bridge from your PS3 to the Vita. No support of UMD's from the PSP, resulting in having to repurchase old PSP games. Ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. These are just a few things that should have been fixed or addressed when the Vita launched. Not to mention a weak library of games with little to no support from Sony. The only game I see getting any support is Escape Plan.
    How is that an issue that should have been addressed? We all knew before the Vita launched that there wouldn't be a UMD slot for PSP games and Sony never claimed there would be. If you want to play your PSP games you can either play them on your PSP, or if you want to Sony gave us the option to buy them from PSN (which we could do before the Vita) and we can download them to the Vita. The Vita and PSP are two completely different systems and should be treated as such. I don't complain that I can't play my Genesis games on my Dreamcast.

And the game library is a matter of opinion. I personally feel the Vita has a great game library so far and I always hate to bring up other game systems because people always throw a fanboy flag, but I have more than triple the games for my Vita than I do my 3DS, and I love all the games I have for the Vita.

I can't dispute the remote play and trophy claims, but for me personally they weren't even on the radar when I was considering a purchase, and honestly I couldn't care less if Sony ever does anything about it, but I do realize there are people that do want those features so hopefully Sony pleases those people soon.

I think the Vita had a great launch, and I haven't been insulted by the company like I did with the 3DS. Sony didn't drop the price in two weeks and give me a few $2 games to compensate for the massive drop (I'm exaggerating here) and there are many games I'm personally looking forward to for the Vita this year so it looks like the system is going to get better and better. Not to mention we'll be able to play PS1 games on the Vita at the end of the month so Harvest Moon and Metal Gear Solid will have many hours pf playtime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12