Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Vita Price Drop This Year

This is a discussion on No Vita Price Drop This Year within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony worldwide president Shuhei Yoshida says it's too early to cut the price of the PlayStation Vita and instead the ...

Crocodile Hunter

No Vita Price Drop This Year

Sony worldwide president Shuhei Yoshida says it's too early to cut the price of the PlayStation Vita and instead the company will focus on adding value with new bundle packages for consumers. "People like cheap or free," Yoshida told Eurogamer. "Of course, cost reduction is one area our engineering team is working on. But we just launched the platform earlier this year. It takes time to do so.

So, no price cut this year? "No," Yoshida replied. "It's too early."

Well this is bullshit, Australians have to pay $300+ for a vita, then a memory card which is $60+ and THEN we need a game which is $100

this fucking sucks -.-

Sources: GameInformer, Eurogamer
    Last edited by Ac3dUd3-; 08-17-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Sig by Apokolypz

Kid, not loser

Sucks to be an Aussie but really I don't think they should lower the price yet. With the bigger games coming out soon(COD, Killzone, AC3, etc) and the fact that it did just release there still is the big opportunity for it to hit its stride. Sure it may do better with a price drop, but with what's still to come you may never know, the price it's currently at could still be perfect.

Also, this could all be a lie. Let's say they DO put a price drop, say right before COD. That would be genius imo. With them saying this, people will go out now and buy it, then a price drop will come and even more people will buy it. GENIUS really.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Angel of Death

Well I just picked up a vita today, so to me this is good since I know I didn't waste money... but to others, it sucks.

Local Drunk

I'll probably still get one this year anyway.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I'm happy knowing there's no price drop this year having just bought one, but on the other hand, the Vita isn't close to being worth the current asking price given the shit games that currently out

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

worlds biggest welch fan

The vita is on my list for next year hope they skim the price dizzle down a bizzle a lizzle rizzle trizzle what the fizzle
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Lvl 4 - Silver

That's fine with me, the price of the console is well worth the money to me. (Or at least the Wi-Fi model anyway, G should only be like 10 more than the Wi-Fi, not 50)
    The memory card's are what need to go down in my opinion (but that won't happen because of cross buy, clever Sony give people free games but make them have to pay for the over priced memory sticks due to the free digital games)

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    The vita is on my list for next year hope they skim the price dizzle down a bizzle a lizzle rizzle trizzle what the fizzle
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Buy my book, Alteration

Well with big ticket titles coming this year, it seems right to not drop the price. At first it seemed necessary, but I have renewed faith in the Vita after Gamescom.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post

Lvl 4 - Silver

The Ps vita is well worth the 270 pounds(in my region) you just hestitate at first but its a really good machine

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well that sucks. No vita for me this year. I'll just spend my money on all the titles for PS3 coming out.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

PRO Member

Lvl 4 - Silver

Got my vita pretty cheap Gamestop here in sweden had a nice offer. I got a game, 4gb memory card, the vita and a case for about the same price as only the vita and a little bit more
    Last edited by jooakim; 08-18-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A random guy on youtube
    If you want to marry a Korean woman, you will have to beat their father in StarCraft first \(-.-\)

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I agree with this. People are saying they have a lot of big games coming out, but look at them. Most are FPS games like Killzone and COD. How many games do the people who are crazy about COD play? I know a lot of them only play COD and nothing else. You think they're going to go out and spend $250 for a new system just to play another COD game when Black Ops II is coming out as well?

Not to mention the COD Vita game is being made from the same people who made Resistance Burning Skies which is mediocre at best. There have already been some complaints that the game looks totally different than a COD game which isn't a good thing and I believe its going to be bad.

Sony really needs to step up their game and make the Vita worth the money to the average Joe. Not to the people who were going to buy it anyways because of all the tech it came with just like they did with the PS3 when it was $600.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I agree with this. People are saying they have a lot of big games coming out, but look at them. Most are FPS games like Killzone and COD. How many games do the people who are crazy about COD play? I know a lot of them only play COD and nothing else. You think they're going to go out and spend $250 for a new system just to play another COD game when Black Ops II is coming out as well?

Not to mention the COD Vita game is being made from the same people who made Resistance Burning Skies which is mediocre at best. There have already been some complaints that the game looks totally different than a COD game which isn't a good thing and I believe its going to be bad.

Sony really needs to step up their game and make the Vita worth the money to the average Joe. Not to the people who were going to buy it anyways because of all the tech it came with just like they did with the PS3 when it was $600.
    They've got a few big names coming in, but there's really no variety in there yet for me. And a lot of the games I could just be playing on my PS3, the only benefit is that it's on the go

Show me some exclusive games that are a bit different, and I'll be sold, but for now there's no reason for me to get a Vita other than a few games

Another bug-bear for me is the lack of connectivity with the PS3 PSN, no chat from Vita to PS3, and I'm sure that you don't even appear online on the PS3 PSN when you're online on the Vita. Two little things, but for someone who plays a lot with a small group of friends, it's a big thing for me.

The only way that the current library of games would be enough for me is if they bought in a load of cool features or apps such as netflix. Honestly right now I can get more enjoyment out of my Galaxy S3 than I could a Vita

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Show me some exclusive games that are a bit different, and I'll be sold, but for now there's no reason for me to get a Vita other than a few games
    TearAway, LittleBIGPlanet VITA (sorta)

Game on....

My brother purchased a PSP Vita off eBay from a private seller that is literally brand new with Uncharted Golden Abyss all in original boxes & packaging etc for 100 with free postage. He got it the other day and it was like it hadn't been used, everything was still in the wrapping etc. How he got it for such a great price is beyond me but i do know that after playing it for a while, i definitely want to get a PSP Vita sooner rather than later.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm still waiting for persona 4 golden so until then my vita will probably remain in it's carrier case under a pile of old uni work.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    TearAway, LittleBIGPlanet VITA (sorta)
    Mmm I know about those two but it's only two games, from the same developer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast