Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Vita only sold 2.2 Million

This is a discussion on Vita only sold 2.2 Million within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Doomlor0 Well that isn't good, on the bright side I own one and have still been using ...

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Well that isn't good, on the bright side I own one and have still been using it everyday since I brought it day one.
    I do have one problem with the world when they look at prices for things though.
    1) Apple sells Ipad at 399 cheapest or 659 for most expensive, Most people have no problem with price. Sony launch PS Vita at 229 or 279 and 99% of the public say it is way too expensive.
    2) Sony Charge 50 for a 32GB memory stick made specially for the system, everyone says too expensive (which in this case they are). Apple charge an extra 80 for a 32GB ipad from the 16GB version, Public say this is fine (In this case this is way too expensive).
    3) Public see no point in having a portable gaming system, All tablets basically are is a larger phone without the phone part or a laptop with severely reduced features.

Don't hate on this comment, I just felt like pointing this out
    All good points except there's a huge difference in the things a tablet can do and the Vita. Not to mention how much better a tablet can do the things common to both.

Want to read an ebook, check.
    Want to watch your favorite show or movie, check.
    Want to do your office work, check.
    Want to email or browse the web, check.

While the Vita can do some of those things like browse the web or watch shows and movies. Its much easier to do on a tablet with the keyboard along with having a much bigger screen. The other things the tablet can do that the Vita can't justifies the difference in price.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

The Site Mascot

Selling only 2.2 million copies worldwide in the timespan the Vita has been out is NOT a good thing guys. The 3DS sold like a million or so in a weekend, I forget the full info. Hopefully the line-up of games coming out soon will help the sales of the Vita, it is a promising console and it would be a shame for it to prematurely die.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend and brotha DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Sony was weak starting the Vita, but it's starting to retract the landing gear and take flight. Come fall, when all them shiny new Vita games come, the Vita will go up in sales.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

PRO Member

If I bought a Vita I would only have NG2 to look forward to... the other fighting games I have on PS3, no point in buying them again... It's not worth it, and by the sales I think others are thinking the same thing. It needs more games.

Sig by Smashguy

Retired

Problem is no one cares about new IPs for the Vita.

I do.

INTJ

for better comparison:

the 3DS was launched Febuary 26th 2011 in Japan, March 25th 2011 in USA.

in April (barely 2 months) of that same year, they broke 3.61 million sales

Sales of Nintendo 3DS hit 3.61 million

Vita Started selling in japan December 11th 2011 in Japan, In america Febuary 15/22 2012 depending on what model you got. so they launched earlier in the year 2012 than 3DS did in 2011.

and they only sold 2.2 million over 8 months in august, compared to Nintendo who sold 3.61 Million in 2 months.

this is a good example of how badly sony fucked up with the vita and basically recreated the psp vs DS situation. and the gaming department is getting hit hard because of it.

i wouldn't be suprised if the ps4 is their last console, or if there will even be a ps4.

tl;dr nintendo cycle and sony is in a tight spot.

you can take the proof i given you or pretend that this doesn't exist and claim that the vita will still beat the 3DS somehow even though the 3DS has all the games.

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i wouldn't be suprised if the ps4 is their last console, or if there will even be a ps4.

tl;dr nintendo cycle and sony is in a tight spot.

you can take the proof i given you or pretend that this doesn't exist and claim that the vita will still beat the 3DS somehow even though the 3DS has all the games.
    Why do i get the feeling you would like nothing more than Sony to fail and the fate of the PS4 be completely killed?

I don't understand your complete allegiance to Nintendo. I am not a fan of the Nintendo's more recent consoles and the xbox 360 but i wouldn't want those consoles to fail. I do understand that the PSP Vita has had a horrible sales start but i hope the PSP Vita sales increase and we see a whole range of fantastic games for it in the future. The PSP Vita is an awesome piece of kit and it blows the 3DS out of the water with the techincal specs.

MERRY QWARKMAS

I do find it funny that for someone who hates the product so much you have the second most posts on the site. You sure spend a lot of time spamming a site where you hate everything about it, which is actually kind of sad. If you hate Sony so much why do you spend so much time on a site dedicated to earning trophies? Why don't you use this time to go out and enjoy life, instead of being so miserable all the time?

On to the main point. The Vita has had a slow start (much like the 3ds) but now with some big titles coming out the sales will pick up. If by this time next year the sales are still suffering then it will be time to worry, but it hasn't even been out for 1 Christmas in NA yet and you are already predicting its doom.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY DSLUCKAY AND UBER-SEXY PLATBAR BY IN2

Lvl 4 - Silver

Stop bashing on PS360. It is clear he is pro-nintendo and anti-sony.
    But what he is saying here is true, the Vita is doing horribly even compared to the 3DS when it was at it's original price.
    That said PS360 does take every opportunity he can to bash Sony and praise Nintendo and having some of the most posts on a site which is mostly about Sony is a pretty bad sign.

I personally don't care about sales though. I play what I like most and in almost every occasion it is what is selling worst (I think the Gamecube was the best of last gen, the PS3 is the best of this gen, the PSP was better than the DS and the Vita is better than the 3DS).
    How the is console is selling should have no affect on your opinion of a console in anyway. If you want to really look at sales then go to a website which focuses more on those (they do exist, I check them every few months out of curiosity).
    Just because something is selling bad doesn't mean it is bad.

Platinum Procrastinator

Sony better do something to increase the number of Vita sales but until some more decent games come out I don't think that's going to happen.

Also for everyone bashing Ps360, please stop it. If it wasn't for him posting all of this information the forums would be half dead. If you don't like his posts, don't read his threads. That takes a lot less effort than coming in here, reading it, getting mad and deciding to make a post bashing him...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Stop bashing on PS360. It is clear he is pro-nintendo and anti-sony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Also for everyone bashing Ps360, please stop it. him...
    Nobody here is bashing on Ps360. I don't know where you got that idea from?

Ps360 posts his opinions on the matter and we post our opinions, it really is rather simple.

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post

I do.
    I do too.If they would release new IP'S and new games from game series like Jak and Dexter or something better
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 10 - Platinum

doesnt anyone understand that the 3ds and vita are marketed to different groups? just because they are both handheld systems doesnt mean they are actually competing with each other, just like the wii and wiiu are going after different audiences than the ps3 and 360, nintendo goes after the casual market with mostly kid and family friendly stuff, microsoft and sony have grabbed toeholds in those markets but nintendo already has a massive headstart so of course the 3ds will sell better because kids want that more and parents see it as being more kid friendly so they are more inclined to buy the 3ds as opposed to the vita, that being said i dont think sony is doing enough to get great games made for their handheld and wont see the sales go up until they actually get must buy games for it

INTJ

I do.
    so you only care for that one media molecule game?

the rest of the exclusives are just ports or already formed ips.

Retired

so you only care for that one media molecule game?

the rest of the exclusives are just ports or already formed ips.
    Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Retro City Rampage (sorta), Reality Fighters, Little Deviants, Smart Ass, Snapshot, Sound Shapes (used to be Vita exclusive), Soul Sacrifice, When Viking's Attack and more.

INTJ

Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Retro City Rampage (sorta), Reality Fighters, Little Deviants, Smart Ass, Snapshot, Sound Shapes (used to be Vita exclusive), Soul Sacrifice, When Viking's Attack and more.
    i thought you ment soon-to-be-released ips, not ones that are already out.

besides half those are not exclusive vita ips (they are coming to the PS3 or other platforms, It's not a vita exclusive) and a third of them are terrible (Reality fighters and Little deviants. Really?)

the only good ones on that list according to the exclusive vita ip specifications are escape plan, gravity rush, and soul sacrifice. One is a 10$ puzzle game that gets old after awhile (i like escape plan, but seriously it gets old), one is a Open world game thats almost empty because it's on a portable and the only things to really do are missions and stupid time trials no one wants to do, And soul sacrifice is the only interesting one simply because Keji Infumane Is behind the wheel.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

the only good ones on that list according to the exclusive vita ip specifications are escape plan, gravity rush, and soul sacrifice. One is a 10$ puzzle game that gets old after awhile (i like escape plan, but seriously it gets old), one is a Open world game thats almost empty because it's on a portable and the only things to really do are missions and stupid time trials no one wants to do, And soul sacrifice is the only interesting one simply because Keji Infumane Is behind the wheel.
    Not judging but just curious, where do you find time to try out all of these games? Maybe it's just an educated guess based of reviews but you seem to know every game on every console. Do you sleep?
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    Not judging but just curious, where do you find time to try out all of these games? Maybe it's just an educated guess based of reviews but you seem to know every game on every console. Do you sleep?
    This is really getting off-topic, but I've wondered the same about others on the internets. There was this one guy in a gaming podcast that seemed to have played pretty much every game out there, and then I checked his PSN account. He has in fact played a little of every game out there, judging by his (lack of) trophies. A lot of big titles such as Uncharted 3 he hadn't even finished! WTH?

Not judging either, and not saying this applies to 360, but it is possible to play a lot of different games if you don't bother finishing them and don't bother trophy hunting. Me, I have lots of games I haven't finished, but if it is a game I like I really delve into it.

More on-topic: Sony has made a lot of missteps, and I for one think one of them was porting Sound Shapes from Vita to PS3. It's alright on the PS3 but much better on the Vita, and should have been exclusive. OTOH, they also made a lot of missteps with the PS3 launch, and it's doing quite well now, don't you think?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TJOHO! View Post
    OTOH, they also made a lot of missteps with the PS3 launch, and it's doing quite well now, don't you think?
    the vita wasn't a $599 blu-ray player from 2006 when there was a massive format war and gaming moving to casual-ville

Closing this account

How about we wait until this November or December to see if the Vita will hit it's stride. If it does then oh well, if not then better lucky next year. If they really wanted this system to do well then Sony should had release different game with the system in a package deal so the customer would have more to choose from.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast