Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Vita only sold 2.2 Million

This is a discussion on Vita only sold 2.2 Million within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by jay_hawk How about we wait until this November or December to see if the Vita will hit ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    How about we wait until this November or December to see if the Vita will hit it's stride. If it does then oh well, if not then better lucky next year. If they really wanted this system to do well then Sony should had release different game with the system in a package deal so the customer would have more to choose from.
    if the vita doesn't do well this holiday you can consider it extinct.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if the vita doesn't do well this holiday you can consider it extinct.
    But will people still say "Just Wait, Just Wait"? That is all I had read about the Vita for the pass couple of weeks. In between now and xmas, the Vita should be making dents in people pockets. I am starting to believe "Just Wait" will be the new catch phrase for it. Am not for it or against it.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I for one, plan I getting a Vita this October or for Christmas, and I feel like a lot of people will get one then too. I'm not waiting for a price drop because the Vita is worth $250 (or at least to me) and the game library should be better, LBP, AC3: Liberation, CoD: BlOps2, etc. Maybe it will pick up sales, maybe it won't but it is a good handheld..
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Ghost Assassin

It seems like they're not doing enough to advertise the vita; the only places I hear about are in gaming communities and we can only spend so much on gaming. They need to bring it more to the general public and make it more appealing to people. The Vita looks like a great piece of technology, but there aren't enough good games out on it yet, so people are holding off on it. I'll be getting my vita when Assassins creed liberation comes out.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Comparing the Vita with the 3DS doesn't make much sense to me. Two different products, one for core gamers, one for casual n00bs. And boy am I glad that there is still a company out there which produces a handheld for core gamers. Nothing against Nintendo, I loved them when I was 12... But they are only focussing on n00b gamers atm...

Lvl 6 - Silver

If enjoying games like Kingdom hearts 3D, theatrhythm final fantasy and Resident evil revelations means that I'm a "casual noob" gamer then so be it. Oh and those were only a few out of many I've enjoyed. When a KH game comes out for the vita, along with a resident I'm sure they'll be more hardcore gamer style.

Administrator

As a parent, I would rather buy my kid a 3DS over Vita because of price-point alone. Sony needs to re-evaluate the PSP/Vita. The Vita didn't revolutionize anything, so if you liked the PSP you'll like the Vita. If you didn't care for the PSP, you won't want a Vita. They need to shock n awe, and they didn't.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

PSVita will definitely jump in sales during the Holidays, because Nintendo are most likely going to shift their focus on Wii U's, and forget all about the 3DS. Afterall, how many different useless iterations of the 'DS', have they not already put out that people already more then likely have? They probably care less about it at this point, they just want to make sure they sell WiiU's.

I'm sure Sony will capitalize this holiday season with its upcoming support of CoD:Black Ops Declassified, Killzone: Mercenary, and ACIII: Liberation, and the Cross-buy feature people will like.

PRO Member

It really just needs that game support. A strong drive and list a games. Would be better if they expanded on the carrier too instead of just At&t

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

the vita needs to step up before it looks like a ps go failure
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    Comparing the Vita with the 3DS doesn't make much sense to me. Two different products, one for core gamers, one for casual n00bs. And boy am I glad that there is still a company out there which produces a handheld for core gamers. Nothing against Nintendo, I loved them when I was 12... But they are only focussing on n00b gamers atm...
    The 3DS has plenty of games that casual players wouldn't get. Tales of the Abyss, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Heroes of Ruin, Kid Icarus, etc.

I love the Vita, but I'm assuming that it will be dead by this time next year if there isn't a price cut. Idon't think it's just about the lack of titles. I asked a few friends and they said there are games, it's just they can't afford $250. I was reluctant too, but I like Sony too much to pass it up for $200. Sony's forte is definitely not portable. The PS3 has just about caught up to the 360, and they are still selling more. If they stuck to console, they would be doing far better then how they are now with the Vita. As for the PS4, whenever that was brought up, I think they will still make it. Just because they lose money from portable does not mean their home consoles will fall.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    As a parent, I would rather buy my kid a 3DS over Vita because of price-point alone. Sony needs to re-evaluate the PSP/Vita. The Vita didn't revolutionize anything, so if you liked the PSP you'll like the Vita. If you didn't care for the PSP, you won't want a Vita. They need to shock n awe, and they didn't.
    b-b-but it has a rear touch pad that is very hard to use and borderline insanity to make it a main control scheme on some games!

also kid icarus is still my GOTY, i haven't found a game yet that has beaten it this year.

Game on....

b-b-but it has a rear touch pad that is very hard to use and borderline insanity to make it a main control scheme on some games!

also kid icarus is still my GOTY, i haven't found a game yet that has beaten it this year.
    Oh come on Ps360! You are so jealous of that rear touchpad on the PSP vita your turning green

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Oh come on Ps360! You are so jealous of that rear touchpad on the PSP vita your turning green
    using controls that you can't see that isn't a button is insanity.

you never get used to it.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

When is Tearaway released?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 4 - Silver

using controls that you can't see that isn't a button is insanity.

you never get used to it.
    Hehe i got a Vita and that rear touch pad took me 4 days to get used to, it was awkward at first but then i loved it but you say that like itīs a fact that nobody is going to get used to it do you have a PS vita?
    but the Vita is well worth the price point.
    The Cod game will be a mistake, but AC,NFS MW, and the Cross play games are looking good so far also PS plus for the Vita is going to be interesting

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Hehe i got a Vita and that rear touch pad took me 4 days to get used to, it was awkward at first but then i loved it but you say that like itīs a fact that nobody is going to get used to it do you have a PS vita?
    yea i do.

i use my 3ds more.

Retired

yea i do.

i use my 3ds more.
    Oh really, no one knew.

I use my Vita more.

Lvl 9 - Gold

yea i do.

i use my 3ds more.
    Yeah your just a Nintendo fanboy that hates everything to do with Sony.

Do you actually like anything to do with Sony?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Yeah your just a Nintendo fanboy that hates everything to do with Sony.

Do you actually like anything to do with Sony?

littlebigplanet and no region lock

and the radio i bought for my car, and the camera i have from them, and the playstation tv im using as a PC monitor right now.

they make good products, the vita just fucking sucks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast