Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 102

Vita only sold 2.2 Million

This is a discussion on Vita only sold 2.2 Million within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 littlebigplanet and no region lock and the radio i bought for my car, and the camera ...

  1. #61
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    littlebigplanet and no region lock

    and the radio i bought for my car, and the camera i have from them, and the playstation tv im using as a PC monitor right now.


    they make good products, the vita just fucking sucks.
    I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement, and in fact I'd go as far as saying the PlayStation Vita is the best handheld system that has ever been released. I own just about every system out there and in my personal opinion the Vita is the most complete one with a fantastic price for the technology in the system.

    Personally, I think it has better games than the 3DS, a much better screen, almost identical battery life (with the 3D effect on) it feels better in the hand, the PSN Store is mile better than the VC as far as user friendliness, the friend system and multiplyer system in general is leaps and bounds better than the 3DS, in my personal experience the Wi-Fi is better on the Vita and has a much longer range, and (not that this really matters at all) the Vita looks much better than the cheap looking 3DS.

    Like I said, the Vita is a fantastic piece of kit especially for the price and just because your not a fan of it or it's games doesn't mean it "fucking sucks." You may not like it, but that is your personal opinion and I think many would appreciate it if you'd stop posting your opinions as fact. Really I think the only reason people on here have a problem with you (I don't have one, in fact I think it's humorous to see all the people flame you for no reason) is because you do constantly state your personal opinion as fact and dismiss anything anyone else says.

    Oh well, I'll still continue to play what I think is the best handheld ever released (if you want to see the list of systems I own I can post it) and let my sickly 3DS sit in the corner where it belongs until they put a proper Harvest Moon on it.



  2. #62
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post

    Personally, I think it has better games than the 3DS, a much better screen, almost identical battery life (with the 3D effect on) it feels better in the hand, the PSN Store is mile better than the VC as far as user friendliness, the friend system and multiplyer system in general is leaps and bounds better than the 3DS, in my personal experience the Wi-Fi is better on the Vita and has a much longer range, and (not that this really matters at all) the Vita looks much better than the cheap looking 3DS.
    well obviously it has a better screen, it's samsung tech, but the 3DS actually has a bigger battery now with the XL's release, the grip is better on the 3DS (the Vita has this weird round shape in the back and all that), The Eshop store is faster and more secure than the PS store (it doesn't save credit card info unless you directly tell it to in a options, it also has a option to only pay for "the money needed" if you already have money in your account instead of $5 minimums,) I barely use wifi on my 3DS so i can't compare it to the vita but i think they have the same quality reguardless. Nintendo fixed the multiplayer problem with the Nintendo network and it will be improved in the future when the wii u is released.


    the 3DS has the better library, the ones that are out now and the future exclusive releases. thats what honestly matters right now. The Vita has like, one or two exclusives out and the rest are just ports. the only other exclusive that looks good is the Media molecule game.

  3. #63
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    well obviously it has a better screen, it's samsung tech, but the 3DS actually has a bigger battery now with the XL's release, the grip is better on the 3DS (the Vita has this weird round shape in the back and all that), The Eshop store is faster and more secure than the PS store (it doesn't save credit card info unless you directly tell it to in a options, it also has a option to only pay for "the money needed" if you already have money in your account instead of $5 minimums,) I barely use wifi on my 3DS so i can't compare it to the vita but i think they have the same quality reguardless. Nintendo fixed the multiplayer problem with the Nintendo network and it will be improved in the future when the wii u is released.


    the 3DS has the better library, the ones that are out now and the future exclusive releases. thats what honestly matters right now. The Vita has like, one or two exclusives out and the rest are just ports. the only other exclusive that looks good is the Media molecule game.
    The battery may be better in the 3DS XL but I was actually talking about the regular 3DS since that is the one I own. Good to hear Nintendo has addressed that problem though. The Vita feels much better in my hands than the 3DS does, after about 20 minutes or so playing my 3DS my hands start to feel achy and cramped from the way I hold the system. I've played on the Vita for hours and not been bothered one bit.

    The PSN Store is much faster on my internet than the Nintendo VC store is. I've also been to a few buddies houses and the Vita still outperforms the 3DS in terms of store speed there too. I've also tested the Wi-Fi strength in various locations and each time I've tried the Vita had a much longer range than the 3DS. At my house I can be in my room on my bed watching Netflix with the wife and my Vita has decent signal, wheras with the 3DS I have to be a good 10-15 feet closer to have any signal at all. I'm also not convinced the store is more secure either. Other than the Vita storing your card information (which I think you can turn off) how is Nintendo's system more secure? And don't even bring up the Sony hack last year (or was it later than that, I can't remember anymore) because that topics been beaten to death with misinformation as it stands. Nintendo improving the online system when the WiiU releases really doesn't help the 3DS owners who are using the system now, does it?

    And for your last point, I disagree 100%. I personally feel the 3DS has a piss poor library, probably the worst out of any Nintendo handheld, and there is next to nothing I'm looking forward to coming out. The "must have" 3DS games I've found to be mediocre (I think Kid Icarus is plain awful, with one of the worst control schemes in recent gaming) and I've found the Vita library to be much more appealing to me personally. The Vita's coming games are much more appealing to me than the 3DS as well. The only 3DS game I'm looking forward to (somewhat at least) is Pokemon Black and White 2, and that isn't even a 3DS game.



  4. #64
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    uherriss's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    0

    oh man one system sold more than the other ... im totally going to buy the one that has sold more because thats what everyone is buying and not think for myself ...thats what i really want to know which system sells more ... yep ... im so glad you posted this now i can sleep ... god who cares ? are you invested in said company ? no ? so who gives a fluck ?
    Que ?

  5. #65
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    0

    I'll porbably get 3 vita's just like i've got 3 ps3's makes it much easier to play games that are dead online when you can play yourself lol

  6. #66
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the 3DS has the better library, the ones that are out now and the future exclusive releases. thats what honestly matters right now. The Vita has like, one or two exclusives out and the rest are just ports. the only other exclusive that looks good is the Media molecule game.
    I have got to ask again, because you always bring it up but never provide examples.

    What games does the 3ds have that are completely original and are worth buying the system for? You keep mentioning all of Vita's "ports" but I don't think you know what that word means. There are games like Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat and UMVC3 but that hardly constitutes the whole library. So please enlighten us to all of Nintendo's amazing games and please let me know where all these ports are on Vita?

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  7. #67
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    What makes a console/handheld is the library. Both 3DS and Vita lack in terms of library, which is why I use my GBA for portable gaming. Also, the preference of library is the preference of what types of games you like. I like the 3DS library more because of the amount of RPG's on it. Vita doesn't have that many RPG's on it, which is a pretty big turn off, but it has fun games none the less.

  8. #68
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post

    The PSN Store is much faster on my internet than the Nintendo VC store is. I've also been to a few buddies houses and the Vita still outperforms the 3DS in terms of store speed there too.
    whenever i use the ps store on vita it takes 5 minutes to do anything.

    Nintendo does it by having a simple loading screen happen that takes 10-20 seconds before it goes to the shop and pre-loads everything.


    sony's vita loads everything on the spot constantly.

  9. #69
    Game on....
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,915
    Reputation
    348

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I have got to ask again, because you always bring it up but never provide examples.

    What games does the 3ds have that are completely original and are worth buying the system for? You keep mentioning all of Vita's "ports" but I don't think you know what that word means. There are games like Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat and UMVC3 but that hardly constitutes the whole library. So please enlighten us to all of Nintendo's amazing games and please let me know where all these ports are on Vita?
    I would like a response to this please Ps360. I am intrested to know what games the 3DS does have that are completely original.

  10. #70
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    AizawaYuuichi's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,014
    Reputation
    41

    Throw me in the camp with "leave opinions separate from facts". The thread started out fine, with real numbers and statistics being posted. But it's devolved into "X has the better library", when quality of game is measured by the individual based on their enjoyment, and that's not fact, but opinion. I for one love my Vita, am closing on two dozen games for it, and think it has some of the best-looking exclusives coming. The 3DS just doesn't appeal to me at all. Yeah, it has a huge library of games, but it's padded out with tons of shovelware, just like the original DS and the Wii. And what few games that don't quantitatively suck, I don't care about. So for me, the 3DS, by far, has an abysmal library. But I don't think it "fucking sucks". It's just useless to me.

    And also, can we stop comparing sales numbers? I've seen on numerous occasions, quotes from SCE saying that, regardless of all the gaming sites and mags being alarmed at Vita's low sales, it is right about where they expected it to be. If they're happy with the sales, then I have no worries.

  11. #71
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    using controls that you can't see that isn't a button is insanity.


    you never get used to it.
    Really? Cause the rear touch screen was piss easy to get used to. I use it for every game I have now. Maybe your just a little slow at getting the hang of it
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  12. #72
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I have got to ask again, because you always bring it up but never provide examples.

    What games does the 3ds have that are completely original and are worth buying the system for? You keep mentioning all of Vita's "ports" but I don't think you know what that word means. There are games like Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat and UMVC3 but that hardly constitutes the whole library. So please enlighten us to all of Nintendo's amazing games and please let me know where all these ports are on Vita?
    I would like to know the answer to this as well .... but seeing how he posted something else an hour after you posted it looks like he's avoiding it imo.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  13. #73
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Regardless of Ps360's 3DS vs. Vita ignorance with the ports, one thing that the 3DS DOES have are BETTER ports.

    While practically all unoriginal games, the 3DS does have a better library in that it pleases all Nintendo fans with a smorgasbord of titles. Whereas on the Vita, we get half-assed ports with 6-8 hour long campaigns, no replay value, and they all live in the shadow of their console brethren.

    Ps360's argument is incredibly flawed, but he hits on the right point in that, in unison, the 3DS' library pleases Nintendo fans more than the Vita's library please Sony fans.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  14. #74
    Lvl 4 - Silver

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    253
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    whenever i use the ps store on vita it takes 5 minutes to do anything.

    Nintendo does it by having a simple loading screen happen that takes 10-20 seconds before it goes to the shop and pre-loads everything.


    sony's vita loads everything on the spot constantly.
    5 minutes ??! LOL it takes 10 sec to load up the ps store you must have a faulty device Hehe...

  15. #75
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    5 minutes ??! LOL it takes 10 sec to load up the ps store you must have a faulty device Hehe...
    No, I just think he doesn't know what he is doing. Every time there is a debate he throws out these allegations until someone calls him on it and then he backs away into his parent's basement until he can make a new allegation.

    He claimed that his Vita wouldn't charge, until it was pointed out that he was plugging it in wrong. He then claimed that it froze on him at least once a day, and when no one else had that problem he backed away from that as well. His new thing is the lack of games, but once again when asked about examples he backs away.

    PS360 is good for a laugh, but it is that kind of laugh where you just end up feeling really sorry for him because you know that Trolling is all he has in his life.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  16. #76
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I would like to know the answer to this as well .... but seeing how he posted something else an hour after you posted it looks like he's avoiding it imo.
    there's no point to argue with him because anything i say to him he twists it back.


    no point to convince the unconvincedable.



    Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    5 minutes ??! LOL it takes 10 sec to load up the ps store you must have a faulty device Hehe...


    nah, My vita hasn't had problems since they patched the random crashing issue that happened for months that sony denied it exists dispite the massive video footage about it.

  17. #77
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    No, I just think he doesn't know what he is doing. Every time there is a debate he throws out these allegations until someone calls him on it and then he backs away into his parent's basement until he can make a new allegation.

    He claimed that his Vita wouldn't charge, until it was pointed out that he was plugging it in wrong. He then claimed that it froze on him at least once a day, and when no one else had that problem he backed away from that as well. His new thing is the lack of games, but once again when asked about examples he backs away.

    PS360 is good for a laugh, but it is that kind of laugh where you just end up feeling really sorry for him because you know that Trolling is all he has in his life.
    Truer words, were never said, wizard.

  18. #78
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    there's no point to argue with him because anything i say to him he twists it back.


    aint really a point to send a rebuttal.
    Yes that is what one does with weak arguments. If you actually had a point worth making then you could easily defend yourself but you have NEVER provided examples to back up your "great library" claim. This is why it is so easy for people like myself, Gauss, Ant etc. to tear down your "facts" and make you look like the fool and troll that you are.

    For the amount that you troll (and FYI you are only 100 posts off of having the most posts here so that is a lot of trolling) you think you would have gotten better at it.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  19. #79
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Yes that is what one does with weak arguments.
    or what smart people do when they realize they will never be able give the other person logic.


    when you can't convince a brick wall of your views do you continue to convince the wall after you acquire better arguments?

  20. #80
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    or what smart people do when they realize they will never be able give the other person logic.


    when you can't convince a brick wall of your views do you continue to convince the wall after you acquire better arguments?
    You, smart? Your grammar seems to disagree.

    Your ignorance too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO