Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Vita only sold 2.2 Million

This is a discussion on Vita only sold 2.2 Million within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Sly Cooper You, smart? Your grammar seems to disagree. good job continuing with the logical fallacies...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    You, smart? Your grammar seems to disagree.
    good job continuing with the logical fallacies

Retired

Good job on forgetting that I'm not the one arguing with you.

Terrible comeback.

And I've done enough arguing with you, it's like I'm arguing with something stuck on whoever own's Nintendo's ass.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    or what smart people do when they realize they will never be able give the other person logic.

when you can't convince a brick wall of your views do you continue to convince the wall after you acquire better arguments?
    You're so cute when you try to be clever. If you had even one bit of logic in any of your posts that statement actually might have made sense. I have pointed out on a plethora of occasions how when Nintendo/Valve/Microsoft/Samsung do something you get excited but when EA/Sony/Blizzard/Apple do the same thing you freak out. This extremely slewed view point of yours is why everyone thinks you are a troll and cannot fathom why you not only post (but post with such vigor) on a site where you hate everything about the company.

I guess what I am just trying to figure out is why you waste so much of your life trolling a website. Get a job, a girlfriend, boyfriend, education, religion, therapy, go volunteer your times somewhere. Or better yet learn to actually formulate well balanced and thought out opinions so you can actually maybe grow in this community and life in general. I have met people like you in real life where they will stand there and just spout their fanboyism at me and it gets really sad when people start laughing at them to their face. Do you really want to be that guy? Do you really want to go through life with everyone laughing at you for how sad your existence is?

I am really not trying to be mean here, it actually makes me sad that there are people like you in life. I really wish you would seek help because just from how you carry yourself here you seem like a very sad little man and you don't have to be that way.

Good luck with life.

Sean

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You're so cute when you try to be clever. If you had even one bit of logic in any of your posts that statement actually might have made sense. I have pointed out on a plethora of occasions how when Nintendo/Valve/Microsoft/Samsung do something you get excited but when EA/Sony/Blizzard/Apple do the same thing you freak out. This extremely slewed view point of yours is why everyone thinks you are a troll and cannot fathom why you not only post (but post with such vigor) on a site where you hate everything about the company.

I guess what I am just trying to figure out is why you waste so much of your life trolling a website. Get a job, a girlfriend, boyfriend, education, religion, therapy, go volunteer your times somewhere. Or better yet learn to actually formulate well balanced and thought out opinions so you can actually maybe grow in this community and life in general. I have met people like you in real life where they will stand there and just spout their fanboyism at me and it gets really sad when people start laughing at them to their face. Do you really want to be that guy? Do you really want to go through life with everyone laughing at you for how sad your existence is?

I am really not trying to be mean here, it actually makes me sad that there are people like you in life. I really wish you would seek help because just from how you carry yourself here you seem like a very sad little man and you don't have to be that way.

Good luck with life.

Sean
    *Says the guy with 73 platinum trophies and 2,697 posts on a website that in any scheme of things, is unimportant to life.*

I see you've acquainted yourself with Kettle already, Pot.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Well that isn't good, on the bright side I own one and have still been using it everyday since I brought it day one.
    I do have one problem with the world when they look at prices for things though.
    1) Apple sells Ipad at 399 cheapest or 659 for most expensive, Most people have no problem with price. Sony launch PS Vita at 229 or 279 and 99% of the public say it is way too expensive.
    2) Sony Charge 50 for a 32GB memory stick made specially for the system, everyone says too expensive (which in this case they are). Apple charge an extra 80 for a 32GB ipad from the 16GB version, Public say this is fine (In this case this is way too expensive).
    3) Public see no point in having a portable gaming system, All tablets basically are is a larger phone without the phone part or a laptop with severely reduced features.

Don't hate on this comment, I just felt like pointing this out
    People these days dont see that they are wasting more money on a iPad but they do use it everyday but still, you made a valid point

Rangers F.C

Would never get an Ipad already got a PC and a Laptop . But meanwhile back at the ranch the Vita is an excellent piece off kit but its got some issues , you cant play the fucking thing outside cause you cant see the fucking screen in daylight , the thing's too big to fit comfortably in your pocket , apart from about five top drawer games the rest are rubbish and way over priced , you cant watch videos when surfing the net and it does not support remote play ( on any decent game ) , for me the biggest mistake they made , I know its to bolster sales of Vita only games but all my friends and me included say they would buy the thing for this alone ( dead space , fallout , boarderlands , mass effect to name a few would be awesome on a hand held remote-play )

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    His new thing is the lack of games, but once again when asked about examples he backs away.
    Tell me how many games the Vita has then. He's failing to deliver, but so are all of you backing up the system.

So far, the only games that look remotely interesting for the Vita (which claimed to have a very complete launch in terms of software and has yet to release a single game that actually sells units) are Gravity Rush, the MGS Collection (which I already own for PS2 and PS3) and maybe Sound Shapes. Everything else looks either flawed, lame or simply too crappy.

Compare that to having the ability of playing games like Ocarina of Rehash, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Super Rehash 3D, VVVVVV (not that I'd play it on something that wasn't the PC, though), Star Rehash 64, Bit. Trip and even Rehash Kart 7, and I'd much rather get a 3DS, specially when I can play DS games on it, which essentially makes the game selection three or four times bigger. It's also much cheaper and it promises to keep releasing some indy dev games that might actually be worth the money, coupled with the few good 1st party games here and there.

In the end, the only thing that might make the Vita worth buying is a price drop (even if the technology is worth $250, there's no way many poeple will buy it for that much) and the release of a Monster Hunter game. Until then, the Vita better stay where it is: stores and warehouses.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    5 minutes ??! LOL it takes 10 sec to load up the ps store you must have a faulty device Hehe...
    That has nothing to do with the device. If anything, it might have something to do with his internet configuration on the system.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Tell me how many games the Vita has then. He's failing to deliver, but so are all of you backing up the system.

So far, the only games that look remotely interesting for the Vita (which claimed to have a very complete launch in terms of software and has yet to release a single game that actually sells units) are Gravity Rush, the MGS Collection (which I already own for PS2 and PS3) and maybe Sound Shapes. Everything else looks either flawed, lame or simply too crappy.
    Escape Plan, LittleBIGPlanet VITA (soon), Super Stardust Delta HD, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Rayman: Origins (plus it has more features), WipEout 2048, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Mortal Kombat, MotorStorm RC, Unit 13, Dynasty Warriors Next.
    And in the future, Tearaway.

Plus, there are games for sports fan like FIFA, NFL etc.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Wow, this thread is getting all personal, mean and completely off topic. :stare:
    People could also just say they don't agree or just ignore the topic, instead of flaming each other. Ps360 obviously likes Sony enough, otherwise he wouldn't be here and he wouldn't have a PS3 and a Vita. Who cares if he likes Nintendo more? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

I myself wait for a price drop and more games. Then I will think about buying the Vita.
    Sig by Ramon

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Wow, this thread is getting all personal, mean and completely off topic. :stare:
    People could also just say they don't agree or just ignore the topic, instead of flaming each other. Ps360 obviously likes Sony enough, otherwise he wouldn't be here and he wouldn't have a PS3 and a Vita. Who cares if he likes Nintendo more? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

I myself wait for a price drop and more games. Then I will think about buying the Vita.
    We are all sorry your highness. Please accept this PS3 contoller made of gold and let us bow before you.

Kiwi Defender

Escape Plan, LittleBIGPlanet VITA (soon), Super Stardust Delta HD, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Rayman: Origins (plus it has more features), WipEout 2048, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Mortal Kombat, MotorStorm RC, Unit 13, Dynasty Warriors Next.

Never heard of Escape Plan, LBP VIta, like you said, hasn't been released so it's out of the point, Super Stardust is very average, Uncharted: GA is even more average, Rayman: Origins is actually a good point, that new WipEout is as average as the others, TfS is crappy, that Mortal Kombat port is sub-par, Motorstorm is average at best, no idea about United 13 and Dynasty Warriors hasn't been good in years.

Tearaway hasn't been released, s it doesn't count either, specially because you don't know for a fact how good/bad it'll be (not that you guys care about that, since you bitch at Ps360 about it all the time ).

All I've heard and read about the FIFA games for the VITA is that they are broken, trophies included, so I wouldn't trust that either.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's a shame, the vita could be so much more if people just bought the damn thing.
    I think the most beautiful thing of the PS VITA is how serious developers are about the system (media Monicule, Guerilla, Criterion etc.)
    the fact that console developers are working on revolutionary PS VITA games is amazing, this has never been this big.
    even NFS Most Wanted almost doesn't differ from the console version, how amazing is that.

INTJ

the only vita games you listed that arn't ports:

Wipeout 2048, unit 13, Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Wipeout 2048 is the only decent wipeout game. Unit 13 is a generic TPS, and uncharted GB is a former shell of itself.

Retired

the only vita games you listed that arn't ports:

Wipeout 2048, unit 13, Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Wipeout 2048 is the only decent wipeout game. Unit 13 is a generic TPS, and uncharted GB is a former shell of itself.
    Thanks for replying my 2 week old post.

Well, let's look it like this, Vita can run PS3 ports, while 3DS can't run PS2/Wii ports...

And just because you think these games aren't great doesn't mean they aren't it's just your opinion which you always throw out as facts. Seeing how you've played all of them. (Also you're wrong about (these being the only no ports.)

First, I don't care if WipEout is good or not. You haven't even played Unit 13, and you've only got ONE trophy for Uncharted: GB and you call it that?

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Black Ops: Declassified, Bioshock Vita, Dynasty Warriors Next, Gravity Rush, Killzone: Mercenary, LittleBIGPlanet (it is NOT a port), Tearaway and more.

Now, let me see 3DS run a Wii. Without hacks. Now post some weird as- link to 3DS-Wii U connectivity without a video.

INTJ

Well, let's look it like this, Vita can run PS3 ports, while 3DS can't run PS2/Wii ports...
    why would i want to run ports, i want original and new fun games.

theatrhythm, rhythm thief, Pushmo, Sakurai samurai, Fractured soul, etc. along with games that arn't ports, based on previous ips, but still are fun. Games like Super mario 3D land, Pilotwings resort, Mario Kart 7, etc.

(by the way, Snake eater is on the 3DS. it can run ps2 ports)

you've only got ONE trophy for Uncharted: GB and you call it that?

Yes, it was so bad i took it back for a refund instead of finishing it.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Black Ops: Declassified, Bioshock Vita, Dynasty Warriors Next, Gravity Rush, Killzone: Mercenary, LittleBIGPlanet (it is NOT a port), Tearaway and more.

It is a port though, LBPV will be able to use LBP2 content and it acts exactly the same as the PS3 version. the controller DLC will also further that claim.

The only good games you listed from that are AC3, and Tearaway.

Gravity rush is mostly empty. once you beat the story mode there's absolutely zero motivation to do anything anymore. The only games that pulled off the openworld endgame shit well is the GTA series, crackdown, and the Saints row series simply because it's fun to screw around and do whatever you want. Gravity rush has none of that.

then again you Put a Call of duty game as a good exclusive, i shouldn't even have to explain why that list is bad.

PRO Member

The last handheld console I played was gameboy so I'm a bit of a dinosaur here, but I messed around with the demo Vita model at Best Buy around its release date. The graphics of Uncharted Golden Abyss were underwhelming. Naughty Dog is known for their downright amazing visuals, so if any game would have impressed me on the Vita console, it would have been that game. It touts a fair bit of impressive hardware in comparison to its class, but the way I see it, for the MSRP, you might as well either purchase a full size console, or get the sweetest new smartphone or even a tablet.

Nintendo's target market has pretty much always been the pre-teen to teen crowd. It just so happens that the vast majority of handheld console sales also lie within this market. Conversely, the playstation target market is shifted a little higher in the age demographic, so it goes without saying that the Vita will struggle to find its niche. And all the people with PSP's likely didn't have a reason to upgrade with so little game support atm, not to mention a hefty dent in the wallet.

Nevertheless, Sony has my loyalty and I hope they break even on this investment at the very least.
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    The last handheld console I played was gameboy so I'm a bit of a dinosaur here, but I messed around with the demo Vita model at Best Buy around its release date. The graphics of Uncharted Golden Abyss were underwhelming. Naughty Dog is known for their downright amazing visuals, so if any game would have impressed me on the Vita console, it would have been that game. It touts a fair bit of impressive hardware in comparison to its class, but the way I see it, for the MSRP, you might as well either purchase a full size console, or get the sweetest new smartphone or even a tablet.

Nintendo's target market has pretty much always been the pre-teen to teen crowd. It just so happens that the vast majority of handheld console sales also lie within this market. Conversely, the playstation target market is shifted a little higher in the age demographic, so it goes without saying that the Vita will struggle to find its niche. And all the people with PSP's likely didn't have a reason to upgrade with so little game support atm, not to mention a hefty dent in the wallet.

Nevertheless, Sony has my loyalty and I hope they break even on this investment at the very least.
    Naughty Dog didn't make Golden Abyss. SCE Bend Studio did, ND was only a consultator/overseer type deal.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    Naughty Dog didn't make Golden Abyss. SCE Bend Studio did, ND was only a consultator/overseer type deal.
    Why is there saliva on my foot?
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

Resident PHD

It is a port though, LBPV will be able to use LBP2 content and it acts exactly the same as the PS3 version. the controller DLC will also further that claim.
    If you call LBPV a port, then you have to call New Super Mario 3d a port, and Mario Kart 7 a port as well.

I have played LBPV and it is completely different than LBP2 or 1. Not only is it all original levels and story, it also has a completely different play style (using the mic, front and rear touch, six axis etc).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast