Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Vita only sold 2.2 Million

This is a discussion on Vita only sold 2.2 Million within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation Vita sales topped 2.2 million worldwide as of June 30 | Joystiq Sony says that its latest console, the ...

INTJ

Vita only sold 2.2 Million

PlayStation Vita sales topped 2.2 million worldwide as of June 30 | Joystiq

Sony says that its latest console, the PlayStation Vita, topped 2.2 million units sold this summer. "The latest figures we've released for Vita (as of June 30th) are 2.2. million sales worldwide," an SCEE rep told us. We reached out following a report from PlayFront.de, where German PlayStation head Uwe Bassendowski mentioned the number in the context of the Vita's marketing.

The last update we had on Vita sales was back in May, when Sony CEO Kaz Hirai said the system sold 1.8 million units worldwide – meaning the console moved around 200K units each month in May and June. For some context, before the Nintendo 3DS received its price cut to $170 – and just days after its US launch – the then $250 handheld had sold 1.41 million units more than the Vita's current lifetime sales. As of September 2011 (one month after the price drop), the 3DS was at 6.68 million units sold worldwide – or more than triple where the Vita's selling at right now. "Yikes" is the word we'd use to describe that situation.

A strong showing of Vita games at Gamescom 2012 and the subsequent launch of said games will hopefully bolster the Vita's sales numbers. We sure aren't gonna see a price cut anytime soon.

Nintendo 3DS sold 17.13 million at least so far since april 2012:

Nintendo 3DS sales top 17.13 million • News • 3DS • Eurogamer.net

.. Solar Fields ..

Yeah because the 3DS has had nearly a year head start in sales.... it isn't rocket science is it?

Stay golden, Ponyboy

One, thanks for Sony bashing/praising Nintendo in the post

Two, the Vita will pick up sales once a few more bigger titles are released, I'm thinking AC3: Liberation and the CoD: Black Ops 2 Declassified will help boost sales. The 3DS is a completely different type of handheld and has a bigger younger gamer following (8-12 year olds.)
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 4 - Silver

The 3DS: the justin bieber of portable gaming.

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    The 3DS: the justin bieber of portable gaming.
    LMAO.... you nailed it

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Yeah because the 3DS has had nearly a year head start in sales.... it isn't rocket science is it?
    Vita only has till December 14th (japan release date) to sell more than 5 million units.

because it took 3DS less than a year to sell 5 million.

Crocodile Hunter

I was gonna post this 2 days ago but i didnt think it was newsworthy lol

they would sell more here if it wasnt so expensive in australia

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    One, thanks for Sony bashing/praising Nintendo in the post

Two, the Vita will pick up sales once a few more bigger titles are released, I'm thinking AC3: Liberation and the CoD: Black Ops 2 Declassified will help boost sales. The 3DS is a completely different type of handheld and has a bigger younger gamer following (8-12 year olds.)
    I didn't see any bashing... I just saw legit numbers....

it does bum me out the Vita isnt selling better but I see it picking up soon

Angel of Death

What's with the hate for the 3DS? It has tons of good titles, and while I love my Vita, I use the 3DS more because the Vita only has about 5-6 titles I like right now. To each their own, but there isn't a point in bashing the other handheld.

Anyways, I hope the Vita starts picking up soon, because if it doesn't then there will be a serious lack of 3rd party support.

Break from gaming

I'm sure once some quality games are released sales will shoot up. The 3DS game library is huge

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

I wonder what the point of this thread is...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Anyways, I hope the Vita starts picking up soon, because if it doesn't then there will be a serious lack of 3rd party support.

just like last generation

people who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Retired

Ok, I'll make a company, release a console that is 7 years behind its times, and say it's the best console ever.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

news flash: wii u has sold 0 units so far, nintendo goes bankrupt, millions of fanboys commit suicide

Lvl 8 - Gold

- 3DS has been out longer
    - 3DS appeals to kids
    - 3DS is half the price of a Vita with 3G
    - Vita launch titles suck (not saying that 3DS games are any better. They suck too.)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Give it a little bit time. With some good games coming out in the next months, sales will go up.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well that isn't good, on the bright side I own one and have still been using it everyday since I brought it day one.
    I do have one problem with the world when they look at prices for things though.
    1) Apple sells Ipad at 399 cheapest or 659 for most expensive, Most people have no problem with price. Sony launch PS Vita at 229 or 279 and 99% of the public say it is way too expensive.
    2) Sony Charge 50 for a 32GB memory stick made specially for the system, everyone says too expensive (which in this case they are). Apple charge an extra 80 for a 32GB ipad from the 16GB version, Public say this is fine (In this case this is way too expensive).
    3) Public see no point in having a portable gaming system, All tablets basically are is a larger phone without the phone part or a laptop with severely reduced features.

Don't hate on this comment, I just felt like pointing this out

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Well that isn't good, on the bright side I own one and have still been using it everyday since I brought it day one.
    I do have one problem with the world when they look at prices for things though.
    1) Apple sells Ipad at 399 cheapest or 659 for most expensive, Most people have no problem with price. Sony launch PS Vita at 229 or 279 and 99% of the public say it is way too expensive.
    2) Sony Charge 50 for a 32GB memory stick made specially for the system, everyone says too expensive (which in this case they are). Apple charge an extra 80 for a 32GB ipad from the 16GB version, Public say this is fine (In this case this is way too expensive).
    3) Public see no point in having a portable gaming system, All tablets basically are is a larger phone without the phone part or a laptop with severely reduced features.

I couldn't agree much more with you

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post

You nailed it there

INTJ

Report: PSP outselling Vita 2-to-1 - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

CVG reports that the Vita sold about 400,000 units worldwide in the financial quarter between April and June of this year. Sony told investors that the two platforms combined sold about 1.4 million units during the quarter, which means the PSP itself sold one million units.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast