Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

SCEA Only uploaded 7% of the Vita PSoneclassics library

This is a discussion on SCEA Only uploaded 7% of the Vita PSoneclassics library within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 so what if the family is poor, got the vita as a gift for their son/daughter ...

  1. #21
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so what if the family is poor, got the vita as a gift for their son/daughter on their birthday, and is unable to buy a ps3 due to money issues?
    Rent a PS3, buy the games, import to Vita.

  2. #22
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Well I doubt they would be that bothered about playing PS1 games on it

  3. #23
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Rent a PS3, buy the games, import to Vita.
    where the hell do you rent a ps3 from?

  4. #24
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Rent a Center, but it's still expensive if you think long term.

    And this is pretty pathetic. Vita has been out since December, but I still get to play Final Fantasy, and that's all I really care about.

  5. #25
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Rent a Center, but it's still expensive if you think long term.

    And this is pretty pathetic. Vita has been out since December, but I still get to play Final Fantasy, and that's all I really care about.
    apparently that store doesn't exist near me.


    so yea, lets say they are in the same situation where you can't find one, what then?

  6. #26
    The Bushiest Pig
    Bushpig94's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    894
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so what if the family is poor, got the vita as a gift for their son/daughter on their birthday, and is unable to buy a ps3 due to money issues?
    If the family is poor they may not have internet so in that case, it wouldn't matter.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

    2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

    2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection



  7. #27
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    apparently that store doesn't exist near me.


    so yea, lets say they are in the same situation where you can't find one, what then?
    Go to a friend who has a PS3, sign in on your account, buy games, import on Vita.

  8. #28
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Go to a friend who has a PS3, sign in on your account, buy games, import on Vita.
    what happens if they all own xboxes and don't have ps3s (pretty much the case for my town really)?




    Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    If the family is poor they may not have internet so in that case, it wouldn't matter.


    comcast was forced to do a very cheap internet plan (10$ month) for acquiring NBC/Universal.

  9. #29
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    what happens if they all own xboxes and don't have ps3s (pretty much the case for my town really)?
    Get a 3DS and live happily ever after.

  10. #30
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Get a 3DS and live happily ever after.
    that way they can play Everything from the original gameboy, nes, snes, ds, and more in one spot without waiting over 10 months after release to have a way to play old games on it?

    cool.

  11. #31
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    that way they can play Everything from the original gameboy, nes, snes, ds, and more in one spot without waiting over 10 months after release to have a way to play old games on it?

    cool.
    Yeah! Top budget games like Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Mario is Missing!, Super Mario Kart, Mario Paint, Super Mario Race, Mario's Time Machine, Mario & Wario, Super Mario All-Stars, Mario's Early Years! Fun with Letters, Mario's Early Years: Fun with Numbers, Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Mario's Picross, Mario's Super Picross, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario no Photopi, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Paper Mario and many, many more!

  12. #32
    Mr. X
    Prosthetic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    445
    Reputation
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    American's complain when they are on short end of something. Us in Europe always get a short end usually and it pisses me off that the american store is so much better than the Europe one, they should both be the same. Also american store is always updated before ours. Same with new releases.
    You, Sir, are a hero. Spot on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so what if the family is poor, got the vita as a gift for their son/daughter on their birthday, and is unable to buy a ps3 due to money issues?
    You cry and sell the Vita to buy some food because you're so poor. Seriously get over it boo hoo the Vita will only let you download 9 PsOne games. Sony dropped the ball when they released the Vita without PsOne Classics support. Anything they do now is a plus because it should have been implemented at launch.

    the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.


  13. #33
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Yeah! Top budget games like Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Mario is Missing!, Super Mario Kart, Mario Paint, Super Mario Race, Mario's Time Machine, Mario & Wario, Super Mario All-Stars, Mario's Early Years! Fun with Letters, Mario's Early Years: Fun with Numbers, Mario's Early Years: Preschool Fun, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Mario's Picross, Mario's Super Picross, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario no Photopi, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Paper Mario and many, many more!


    Yea It's great to see the mario ip can do a ton of gameplay styles where most sony games can only stick to one (ratchet and clank platformers, Killzone shooters, Naughty Dog Third person cover shooters, Sucker Punch Semi-open world adventure games, etc.)!

  14. #34
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Yea It's great to see the mario ip can do a ton of gameplay styles where most sony games can only stick to one (ratchet and clank platformers, Killzone shooters, Naughty Dog Third person cover shooters, Sucker Punch Semi-open world adventure games, etc.)!
    Yes, yes, that is so not milking and sucking on the cows _____.
    Only UC is a '3P cover shooter'. Ratchet and Clank has never been about platforming, it has always been about the weapons, hell the weapons are more creative than Mario.

  15. #35
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Yes, yes, that is so not milking and sucking on the cows _____.
    Only UC is a '3P cover shooter'. Ratchet and Clank has never been about platforming, it has always been about the weapons, hell the weapons are more creative than Mario.
    Ratchet and Clank is a Platformer though... More so from the original release, but it always has been.

    Also, Sony's series' continue the same traits, but there are multiple different IP's, so there is diverse game play over different characters, so you experience more. Uncharted's game play and story are different than Ratchet and Clank's, so it offers a different experience, although some IP's. That being said Mario, has different traits to it too, but it's generally the same character, but Nintendo has many different IP's too, so Sony and Nintendo has their own series to rival the others'.

  16. #36
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Yes, yes, that is so not milking and sucking on the cows _____.
    Only UC is a '3P cover shooter'. Ratchet and Clank has never been about platforming, it has always been about the weapons, hell the weapons are more creative than Mario.
    the last of us

    and ratchet and clank is a platformer. it always has been a platformer.

    the basic defintion of a platformer:


    A platform game (or platformer) is a video game characterized by requiring the player to jump to and from suspended platforms or over obstacles (jumping puzzles).

    crash bandicoot is a platformer, Super mario bros is a platformer, etc.




    weapons arn't really that creative, the most of them are basically homing attack guns and lasers. there's only usually one creative one of the bunch (chicken gun aka "Morph-o-ray" for example)





    about the mario thing though, It's like Saying mickey mouse or Doreamon were milking their fans for being massive. Mario is the Most Influential Child icon of the 80s-90s to the point he out-popularized Mickey fucking mouse, Disney's biggest star. aint a suprise he left behind a giant amount of great games.

  17. #37
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the last of us
    TLOU isn't out yet. Naughty Dog has had 13 or more games before Uncharted and TLOU and you say most of their games are 3rd person cover shooter. Shows how ignorant you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    and ratchet and clank is a platformer. it always has been a platformer.

    I never said Ratchet and Clank is not a platformer, I said it's never about the platforming but about the weapons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    weapons arn't really that creative, the most of them are basically homing attack guns and lasers. there's only usually one creative one of the bunch (chicken gun aka "Morph-o-ray" for example)
    Sure, but jumping and hitting boxes is very creative right?

  18. #38
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    eternalunderdog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The kennel
    Posts
    1,215
    Reputation
    67

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so what if the family is poor, got the vita as a gift for their son/daughter on their birthday, and is unable to buy a ps3 due to money issues?
    Then I doubt going online to buy more games would be a high priority for them.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

    The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

    Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

  19. #39
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24
    Reputation
    1

    Makes a nice change to be happy living in the PAL world. Doesn't change the fact a undeniable mistake on Sonys part has been made in the USA, hope this is fixed soon for you guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO