Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCEA Only uploaded 7% of the Vita PSoneclassics library

This is a discussion on SCEA Only uploaded 7% of the Vita PSoneclassics library within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; SCEA uploads 7% of the PSoneclassics that Europe does for Vita. Gamers should be pissed. | PSOneClassics Sony Computer Entertainment ...

INTJ

SCEA Only uploaded 7% of the Vita PSoneclassics library

SCEA uploads 7% of the PSoneclassics that Europe does for Vita. Gamers should be pissed. | PSOneClassics

Sony Computer Entertainment America didnít do their job very well

This was a huge feature release for the Vita, many early adopters waited patiently for this update to make their PSoneclassics work. The European Playstation blog did an excellent job, but their North American counterparts dropped the ball.

The amount of games that will be downloadable to the Vita tomorrow is laughable, 9 games will be available in NA territories, and 129 available in Pal regions. Of course there are many games that are transferable via PS3, but these games should be on the store. No exceptions. SCEA even told one of their developers that their games would be playable but they arenít. MonkeyPaw games had to go to Twitter to explain they were surprised by the announcements (at right click to enlarge).

SCEA had months of planning to get ready for this, but after all that time they managed to ready 9 titles while their European counterparts readied 129. Heads should be rolling as SCEA, releasing 7% of Europeís list is an embarrassment.

Thatís right, we have 7% of what Europe has.

So the gamers are stuck doing the work that SCEA should have been doing Ė Testing the firmware for games that work.

All over the net, there are people posting what games work and what games donít via PS3 transfer with the Vita. NeoGaf, Reddit, Cheap Ass gamer, and the same thing happened with the PSP compatibility with the Vita as well. Games like Metal gear solid Portable Ops, work fine in Europe, but theyíre unavailable in NA. Peacewalker as well doesnít play on a NA vita if you donít have a PS3 to download it from. Gamers should be upset about this, and they should be e-mailing SCEA complaints. I have e-mailed Sony North American Playstation Blog for a reason for the discrepancy, as soon as I hear back I will update this post.

Lvl 9 - Gold

American's complain when they are on short end of something. Us in Europe always get a short end usually and it pisses me off that the american store is so much better than the Europe one, they should both be the same. Also american store is always updated before ours. Same with new releases.

PRO Member

Wow, I had no idea that this was happening. But that's inexcusable for SCEA to put in such a poor show compared to SCEE

Resident PHD

Actually you can just transfer them from your ps3 so it isn't really that big of a deal. Here is a full list of games so far that work.

2 Xtreme
    Alundra
    Arc the Lad
    Arc the Lad II
    Arcade Hits: Shienryu
    Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special
    Bowling
    Breath of Fire IV
    Castlevania Chronicles
    Castlevania: SotN
    Cho Aniki
    Cool Boarders
    Coolboarders 2
    Coolboarders 3
    Cool Boarders 2
    Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
    Destruction Derby
    Dino Crisis
    Dino Crisis 2
    Final Fantasy Origins
    Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Front Mission 3
    Gex
    Gex 3
    GaiaSeed
    Hot Shots Golf 2
    International Track and Field
    Jet Moto
    Jet Moto 2
    Jumping Flash!
    Jumping Flash! 2
    The King of Fighters '99
    Klonoa
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Legend of Dragoon
    MediEval
    Mega Man
    Mega Man 2
    Mega Man 3
    Mega Man 4
    Metal Gear Solid
    Money Idol Exchanger
    Pandemonium
    Parasite Eve
    Parasite Eve 2
    Rally Cross
    Rapid Angel
    Rayman
    Rayman 2: The Great Escape
    Resident Evil: DC
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    Ridge Racer 4
    Saiyuki: Journey West
    Silent Hill
    Street Fighter Alpha 1
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Suikoden
    Syphon Filter
    Syphon Filter 2
    Syphon Filter 3
    Tekken 2
    Threads of Fate
    Tomb Raider
    Tomb Raider 2
    Tomb Raider 3
    Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
    Toy Story 2
    Toy Story Racer
    Twisted Metal 2
    Unjammer Lammy
    Vagrant Story
    Warhawk
    Wild Arms
    Wild Arms 2
    Wipeout
    Xenogears

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

i didnt pay all that money for my vita to play old ass ps1 games so i could care less.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Before anything, There are like 30 new articles on how the Vita has PS1 support now in the last hour alone. And you PS360 choose the one article that says anything negative about and that is only because this guy hasn't done any real research. You must have literally spent hours trying to find this.

Main point of this. I read through this article (Not just the stuff in bold)
    1) This is based on the official list. Of which the europe has 129 confirmed and US has 9. Not how many are actually available to be played
    2) This percent is comparing the the US to EU. Not how many actually work. 7% of 129 is 9(.03)
    3) The US titles list is only showing games which can be downloaded straight off the vita. The EU list shows any game which works on the vita, of whichall but 120 of the 129 have to be copied from a PS3 or PC. The remaining 9 can be put on the vita via this method or downloaded directly onto the Vita from the store, Guess which games those 9 games are that the Vita can download in Europe (In case you can't see where this is going, the same as the 9 games the US lists)

The US list is laziness on the US playstations behalf fair be it. But any little bit of research will tell you that the extra 120 games do work in the US.

So yeah, this article is written to make the vita look bad. They are saying the Vita lacks the ability to work with particular titles, when it does work with them. They even find out that other games work but they manipulate what they say to make it sound as if they didn't.
    Peacewalker as well doesn’t play on a NA vita if you don’t have a PS3 to download it from.
    They even try to make the company look bad by posting stuff like this:
    So the gamers are stuck doing the work that SCEA should have been doing – Testing the firmware for games that work.
    As if they don't know what is in their own update. Maybe these extra games just somehow got into the update by those magical pixies that work in Sonys products during the night?

Why is it whenever Sony does anything people are asking for it suddenly isn't good enough for people once it comes out?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Why is it whenever Sony does anything people are asking for it suddenly isn't good enough for people once it comes out?
    Because for me it's stuff that should've been there from the start

It's like the first versions of the PSN, sure they're improved on it massively, but a lot of that stuff really should've been there from the start for me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Eh he he, buying PS1 games.

PS1 emulation is much easier.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    Before anything, There are like 30 new articles on how the Vita has PS1 support now in the last hour alone. And you PS360 choose the one article that says anything negative about and that is only because this guy hasn't done any real research. You must have literally spent hours trying to find this.
    nope,

was on Reddit's Vita page . it's the second link.

i don't scavenge for links, i post them when i find them.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    nope,

was on Reddit's Vita page . it's the second link
    Yeah but it has been public knowledge for the whole day that you can easily get the games off of your ps3.

Also you get your news off of Reddit? That is really really sad.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Yeah but it has been public knowledge for the whole day that you can easily get the games off of your ps3.

Also you get your news off of Reddit? That is really really sad.
    assortment of reddit and various other sites yes.

Resident PHD

assortment of reddit and various other sites yes.
    Well that explains a lot about what you post. It is good to know that any credibility you claim to have has gone right out the window.

Let me guess you other sites are 4chan and Wikipedia?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well that explains a lot about what you post. It is good to know that any credibility you claim to have has gone right out the window.

Let me guess you other sites are 4chan and Wikipedia?

Facepunch

/v/ - Video Games

/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Joystiq

http://destructoid.com

Ars Technica

http://theverge.com

anyone believing 4chan is retarded simply because of /b/ hasn't ever visited 4chan.

Legend...Nuff Said

What is worse is the fact that none of the PS1 classics don't have trophies. If I already own the game for the PS1, and its free to just get it for an emulator, why bother playing it on my PS3 if there are no trophies?

To me, 0% or 100% makes no difference to me for what the US store has compared to the Europe store, when there is no incentive to re-buy something I already have.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    What is worse is the fact that none of the PS1 classics don't have trophies. If I already own the game for the PS1, and its free to just get it for an emulator, why bother playing it on my PS3 if there are no trophies?

To me, 0% or 100% makes no difference to me for what the US store has compared to the Europe store, when there is no incentive to re-buy something I already have.
    You mean none of the PS1 classics have trophies.
    Why bother playing if there even ARE trophies?

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    American's complain when they are on short end of something. Us in Europe always get a short end usually and it pisses me off that the american store is so much better than the Europe one, they should both be the same. Also american store is always updated before ours. Same with new releases.
    This ^

About the PS1 classics,they should get trophies and platinums
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. I have a few PSOne games on my PS3 from the plus program and they transferred over and played just fine. So there not all available for direct download, it's an additional thirty seconds for the transfer.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. I have a few PSOne games on my PS3 from the plus program and they transferred over and played just fine. So there not all available for direct download, it's an additional thirty seconds for the transfer.

what happens if they just own a vita and not a ps3.

Retired

what happens if they just own a vita and not a ps3.
    Get a PS3, buy the games, import to Vita.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Get a PS3, buy the games, import to Vita.

so what if the family is poor, got the vita as a gift for their son/daughter on their birthday, and is unable to buy a ps3 due to money issues?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast