Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just bought my vita this week, my experience.

This is a discussion on Just bought my vita this week, my experience. within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my experience with my Vita that I bought last week. After looking at ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just bought my vita this week, my experience.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my experience with my Vita that I bought last week.

After looking at reviews for a long time I finally decided it was time to get one, it has been an amazing ride. The system feels really nice when you hold it and start playing games with, not bulky at all. The screen is beautiful and the touch screen very response.

A special note in saying that the near application is amazing, I use it every day to see what other people are playing in my neighbourhood and if there are any game goodies to be had. Also I find it a great way to discover new games and find new friends. The menu grapics, background music it all really works and comes together as a great package!

Also the abbility to change the backgrounds made the experience for me even better. I love putting my own personality into a system and make it look the way I want it. For example having a cool a psone background with my ps1 games just feels right and looks amazing.

Having a dedicated handheld system for games that is this powerfull and go do many of the other things my phone can is a delight. I caught myself mutliple times checking my twitter on the psvita instead of my phone. And nothing beats playing a game with actual real buttons. Having the ability to use both the buttons and touch screen when needed is what makes it better then any phone could ever be for games.

Also many of the launch games are pretty cheap now, hanging around the 19 and 29 (canadian) dollars.

The only thing that bothered me a little is that when you buy a Vita game in the store and you open the box it will only hold a game cart. No manual, no booklets, no ads, nothing. It just seems a bit bare. For me buying a game is about the entire experience and this includes opening up a game box and diving into some of the goodies inside the box before even playing the game. Even some game art etc would be nice.

Other then that everything else has been super positive!

Thumbs up!

Rikus
    Psn: DutchCanadaMan

Thanks to Djunglist for the great Signature pic!

Retired

Good to hear some people are having fun with it, don't let PS360 read this.

Also I'm sure there's a digital manual inside the Vita for the games.

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Good to hear some people are having fun with it, don't let PS360 read this.

Also I'm sure there's a digital manual inside the Vita for the games.
    Ps360 will be along shortly to destroy all this optimism for the Vita

I will be getting a Vita in the near future.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion

But I have not regretted my purchase.

Thanks to Djunglist for the great Signature pic!

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Nice to see another fellow Vita gamer that is enjoying his purchase...if you ever need help on any of the Vita games that the Hoff is playing or has let me know

100% Grizzly

I have four complaints:

1. Blah blah blah trophies don't show up on PS3 blah blah
    2. Blah blah more games (They are getting here though)
    3. Back touch screen is horrible. The way I hold the system my fingers touch the back touch panel which interferes with games. All games need an option to turn off the back touch screen or switch the controls to the front screen. Especially when the front touch screen does the same thing or has no controls at all on it. The biggest offender here is Touch My Katamari.
    4. In the newest update they allowed the front touch screen to be customizable for PSP games but left out the PS1 emulator completely with this feature. Having L2 and R2 on the front corners is much less awkward than the back panel.

Saints Row IV

I want it too, but it is just too expensive.The PSVITA alone is 299euros,without memory card or games.
    I want a price drop,and more games and new IP's for the vita
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Speak

I got my Vita about two weeks ago =D so far i love it. It's nice to see other people enjoying it too

Prayer Warrior

glad you like your purchase. that's the most important thing is that you like it. don't let some dickhead around here who obviously hates sony try to wavier how you feel about your purchase. i personally enjoy mine and i feel it's the best handheld ever made.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    glad you like your purchase. that's the most important thing is that you like it. don't let some dickhead around here who obviously hates sony try to wavier how you feel about your purchase. i personally enjoy mine and i feel it's the best handheld ever made.
    Well said! The vita is a fantastic bit of kit and once those games start flowing it will become an essential purchase.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    Well said the Vita is awesome piece of equipment

Grandmasterpiece

Glad to see someone else loves the Vita too.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I love my Vita. If you're looking for a good game to play try Rayman Origins.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 5 - Silver

I can't wait to get a vita.It looks so cool and all this positive info is good to hear so I know I'm not going to waist my money.

Sig by Bladia

Roo Commander

Good to hear you like your purchase

I'll hopefully be getting a Vita in a few months.

Platinum Procrastinator

Glad you like your Vita because I enjoy mine too but I also have to agree with bagelbear with the issues he listed plus I'll throw in a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbear View Post
    I have four complaints:

1. Blah blah blah trophies don't show up on PS3 blah blah
    2. Blah blah more games (They are getting here though)
    3. Back touch screen is horrible. The way I hold the system my fingers touch the back touch panel which interferes with games. All games need an option to turn off the back touch screen or switch the controls to the front screen. Especially when the front touch screen does the same thing or has no controls at all on it. The biggest offender here is Touch My Katamari.
    4. In the newest update they allowed the front touch screen to be customizable for PSP games but left out the PS1 emulator completely with this feature. Having L2 and R2 on the front corners is much less awkward than the back panel.
    5. Hitting the front touch screen is annoying as well when I played Resistance: Burning Skies, causing me to throw grenades by mistake all the time.
    6. The price of the system and especially the memory cards.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

I am going to try getting it at least after 2014.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Glad you like it. I love mine.

Carpe Diem

I like my Vita too despite having 0 games for it. The sooner Assassin's Creed Liberation is released the better

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Angel of Death

I like the Vita, but I am going back to my GBA a lot regardless of just buying it. I want the holiday season so more games will be here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast