Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Vita Reportedly Hacked

This is a discussion on Vita Reportedly Hacked within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s It has nothing to do with innovation. It has to do with licencing games for play ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It has nothing to do with innovation. It has to do with licencing games for play on the Vita.

Forget emulators which ARE pirate devices and focus on RemotePlay, which is where the Vita CFW stuff gets interesting. Vita may simply be a pass-through device to the PS3 for RemotePlay, but you're playing that game on the Vita when there's no licence in place for the right to do it. Hence, RemotePlay thus far has been limited to first-party Sony games.

Sony's not going to open the flood-gates to litigation by unlocking RemotePlay for all games even though it seems perfectly capable, nor are they going to pay licencing fees for a back catalogue of PS3 games. So we either jailbreak at our own risk (I'll do it, no qualms, I own the games on PS3), or we wait for new games to come along with PS3 and Vita support, including licencing fees.
    From what I've been told, emulators are completely legal if you own the original copy of the game you are playing ._.

Crocodile Hunter

the guy who hacked it is against piracy, his hack cant even effect games etc

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

high res version here: http://i.imgur.com/9fip2.jpg

Nintendo and sony were working together to bring out a disc based console in the early 90s till either nintendo or sony said "Fuck dis" and broke up.

so basically it was similar to the xerox and apple thing that happened. if you cut the handles off the PS1 Controller you can see where they got the "inspiration" from.

(oh hey what a suprise there's a prototype similar to that)
    If I remember correctly (Studied console history as part of computer science two years ago) it was something along the lines of

Nintendo approaches Sony about CD technology

They strike a deal, Sony start work on the SNES-CD

Nintendo re-read the details, realise that they were giving more power to Sony over SNES-CD games than they realize

Nintendo then approach Philips about a similar project, which effectively cuts off links with Sony

Meanwhile, Sony's "Play Station" was in a tentative stage, do they carry on or call it a day (Apparently there were 200 SNES-CD's made, SNES' that can read CD's)

Sony take the bull by the horns and create the "Playstation" , Nintendo's former partner in Sony has turned around and bit them in the ass.

But don't quote me on this, I'd imagine that parts of that are wrong

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That's the gyst of it but highly lacking in the details, sony took 2 years to decide to make it anyway

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Maybe I'll actually have a reason to buy the piece of garbage now, emulators.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

INTJ

that was quick

Video: PSP Iso running on the PS Vita Wololo.net

What I can tell you right now is that this video is legit, and that this is neither Davee nor “Tony”‘s work. But this should not be a surprise to most people here, as I’ve mentioned in the past that we know of at least 5 groups that have PSP kernel exploits.

It’s worth mentioning that these exploits do not use VHBL in any way, but it is likely that most of them would require to go through a user mode exploit first (which probably means one of the game exploits we typically release with our Ninja release system).

There is, of course, no word on a potential release of this hack.

whenever it comes out i guess i can finally put my psp games i bought on my psp for free instead of re-buying it because of sony's bullshit.

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

@ps360 i no right? thats crazy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12