Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PSVita vs 3DS thread

This is a discussion on PSVita vs 3DS thread within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Compare both devices in all aspects. I'd like to say that I think the Vita is more technically advanced in ...

Retired

PSVita vs 3DS thread

Compare both devices in all aspects.

I'd like to say that I think the Vita is more technically advanced in terms of graphics than the 3DS. And, you can play some PS3 games on it via Remote Play! I don't see Nintendo doing that with the 3DS and Wii.

Fight the Future

All of the following is my personal opinion...

The PlayStation Vita has a much better library of games currently than the 3DS and the games coming out are also much more interesting. The Vita feels much better in my hands and has a much, much nicer screen than the 3DS. The battery life for both consoles is pretty much equal but with the Vita doing so much more and having much better graphics that is a bit pathetic on Nintendo's part. Of course that is with the awful 3D gimmick in the on position, if you turn it off (which I suggest doing) the battery life is a tad longer.

The Vita also feels like it is built much better than the 3DS. The plastic feels more solid, the buttons feel better, the D-pad is better, the shoulder buttons are better and the cameras are better quality (although I really couldn't care less about the camera on either system.)

The Vita does have a few issues. One is the price of the memory cards, I think I paid close to $100 for my 32gb card which is pretty crazy and with the system itself being $250 with no card or games the price can add up quickly. Nintendo on the other hand (after screwing early adopters with their $250 price tag, and "making up for it" by giving us some shitty cheap games) has a cheaper console and it comes with an SD card which is nice. Honestly though, the only thing I think the 3DS has over the Vita is price. However when you look at the value for money the Vita is leaps and bounds better than the 3DS.

Again, all of that is my ow personal opinion and I'm not stating it as a fact. I have owned both systems since launch and I'm not biased towards one company or the other, I just love video games. What I think it really comes down to is this. Look at the current and coming games and see what interests you. If the Vita has a more interesting library then buy it, if you like Nintendo's library better than buy the 3DS. Both are good consoles but in my personal opinion the Vita completely blows the 3DS out of the water.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    All of the following is my personal opinion...

The PlayStation Vita has a much better library of games currently than the 3DS and the games coming out are also much more interesting. The Vita feels much better in my hands and has a much, much nicer screen than the 3DS. The battery life for both consoles is pretty much equal but with the Vita doing so much more and having much better graphics that is a bit pathetic on Nintendo's part. Of course that is with the awful 3D gimmick in the on position, if you turn it off (which I suggest doing) the battery life is a tad longer.

The Vita also feels like it is built much better than the 3DS. The plastic feels more solid, the buttons feel better, the D-pad is better, the shoulder buttons are better and the cameras are better quality (although I really couldn't care less about the camera on either system.)

The Vita does have a few issues. One is the price of the memory cards, I think I paid close to $100 for my 32gb card which is pretty crazy and with the system itself being $250 with no card or games the price can add up quickly. Nintendo on the other hand (after screwing early adopters with their $250 price tag, and "making up for it" by giving us some shitty cheap games) has a cheaper console and it comes with an SD card which is nice. Honestly though, the only thing I think the 3DS has over the Vita is price. However when you look at the value for money the Vita is leaps and bounds better than the 3DS.

Again, all of that is my ow personal opinion and I'm not stating it as a fact. I have owned both systems since launch and I'm not biased towards one company or the other, I just love video games. What I think it really comes down to is this. Look at the current and coming games and see what interests you. If the Vita has a more interesting library then buy it, if you like Nintendo's library better than buy the 3DS. Both are good consoles but in my personal opinion the Vita completely blows the 3DS out of the water.
    I whole-heartedly agree.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think the only person that will cause a flamewar in this thread is ps360

Breakfast and Chill

That's why I've given warning. Ps360 will show up>Ps360 comments>someone will respond in negative manner>insults toward system of choice>total flamewar.

*Edit* Not blaming Ps360, just some users here are quick on the draw against him/her.

illegal in 9 countries

Vita is for big boys.
    3DS is for little girls.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The Vita has the better hardware but needs a bigger library of games that are interesting to ME and not others. Just in case someone brings out a list of games they consider to be worthwhile. The 3DS is not as advanced but has a library of games that interest me more at the moment. It's only recently that the Vita has my attention again due to the ps1 classics. So yeah

INTJ

nah i won't participate. "Product Vs Product" threads are designed for retarded arguments from everyone and when someone gets proven wrong they suddenly go "Well it's my opinion, you can't prove me wrong lololo"

enjoy your circlejerk.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    nah i won't participate. "Product Vs Product" threads are designed for retarded arguments from everyone

enjoy your circlejerk.
    I've finally broken you.
    To be honest, I didn't create this thread to start a flame war with you. I just wanted you to stop doing what you in other threads and discuss everything here.

PRO Member

The Vita =]

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Vita is for big boys.
    3DS is for little girls.
    lmao...ive been saying that since the go. took the 6 year old daughter to gamestop and gave her the choice, vita or 3ds. wasnt even a contest...3ds all the way. she really likes "moxie girlz and the petz" games i tried playing it and its just not for a man, my ol lady loves the spirit camera game though. ill give it that. i dont know why but when i hear nintendo first thing that pops into my head is kids lol.

Dominate!

Lvl 8 - Gold

3ds making mad loot,vita on the verge of collecting welfare.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't even think the two should be compared, it wouldnt be fair for the 3ds. They shouldn't even be in the same sentence, it's like comparing the PS3 with the SNES.

Totally unfair for the 3ds, shame on you.

Buy my book, Alteration

Easily the Vita, it's probably the most advanced handheld ever. The feel is great too, very ergonomic.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I own a Vita and have had experience playing the 3DS, not a lot but some. I can't compare everything but there are a few points I can comment on.

The Vita has better visuals, that's a given. A lot of the 3DS has the more blocky textures and not the same quality to the image. That's not to say the 3DS is without some nice visuals itself but they are more toward the cartoony side than a realistic or sharp feel.

Honestly I prefer the size of the 3DS in terms of comfort while playing. The Vita is nice, but a hair to thin in my hands and after a time the muscles at the base of my thumbs begin to ache. I have never had that problem playing the 3DS that feels like it fits more comfortably in a grip.

Both systems have a small issue with sound. The 3DS sound is nice but like the visuals doesn't always feel refined and at its highest quality. The Vita has great sound for all it's games, but the location of the speakers can cause them to be muffled if a player relaxes their fingers during gameplay.

The touchscreen of both functions fine, but the Vita's location (being it's only screen) makes it easier to integrate than the second screen of the 3DS. Not having to use a stylus for use is another plus since there are time fingers seem to bulky for what the 3DS wants you to do. However the back touchscreen of the Vita might be to much and can be easy to accidentally brush causing problems in games that use it (anyone who accidentally hit it playing Escape Plan will understand).

I can't say anything as to the 3DS's 3D ability as I personally cannot see 3D and the feature has no effect for me, but I haven't seen a game yet that seemed to really need it.

Final library, the 3DS has been out a bit longer and holds more titles, but with the exception of first party and a few rare winners there is a lot of filler to its listing. The Vita has a decent line-up and some quality games, but there is the problem that many of its better titles are ports rather than original content (I'm not including Gravity Rush since I have not played it, though I heard it is good).

That's my two cents, take it as you will.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

ps vita all the way! i have 3ds but one thing one get on the vita that the ds cant do is that youve earned your achievements!

Synthwave <3

Love the Vita! That is all ...

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Angel of Death

3DS is better. Vita may have better specs, but the games aren't there yet. Plus the 3DS fits my hands better. I still like the Vita though.

Twitch.tv/liljayr4

it all depends on the games tho..it really do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast