is it worth buying?

This is a discussion on is it worth buying? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Thinking of getting a vita but abit unsure... bought all the past PSP consoles and sold them from being bored.. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

is it worth buying?

Thinking of getting a vita but abit unsure... bought all the past PSP consoles and sold them from being bored.. i mean i no its different but is it truly a great gaming experience or just your average portable game device?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I would wait for more game to come out and a price drop like I am doing.The vita has mostly port and a few new games right now.

Fight the Future

Look at the game list and decide if there are some that interest you. If a bunch of games look like must plays for you, go ahead and buy the system. If you couldn't care less about the games, don't get it.

Personally, the Vita is the best handheld I've ever owned and it gets used daily from either me or my wife and has worked flawlessly from launch day. I haven't regretted the purchase a single second.

Buy my book, Alteration

Is it worth it? Yeah! Is it the time to buy? Not exactly. I love the Vita, but you should wait just a bit longer for purchasing one, more games are coming out this year that are must haves, though LBP Vita is amazing.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 8 - Gold

i would say dont get it,i regret buying my vita,and if you bought the last couple of portables and got bored with them why would you think this one would be any different.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It depends on how much time your gonna be on it, for example i only play mines when i'm taking a poop so i sold my first one. I recently came from Florida and bought a next one from craigslist with 6games a grip and some extra for $400 which i didn't think was a bad price. Everyone is saying to wait for some games to come out but like me i'm a Trophy hunter so i'm just platting until the games comes out. In my opinion i'm enjoying it more than my 3DS and since i work i just carries it with me and enjoy it at the sametime. I think it's worth buying but of course the price is gonna drop when i'm not sure but as you said you owned all and you got bored well this is just a next new model of a PSP version allowing you to play the Vita games with the old games from the previous systems.

Rangers F.C

I got mine like 5 months ago and played it like crazy ...........then ran out of stuff that interested me , so now it sits and collects dust , not used it in over 2 months , I would sell it but am sure it will come good sooner or later , I would wait if I was you and get after Christmas

The Bushiest Pig

Yes, BUT wait more until x-mas time. More games will be out by then (AC3: L and Declassified), then you will have more of a choice of games.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not to mention Street Fighter x Tekken, Ragnarok, Persona 4. Really all im waiting for.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I say no but only because of the price...

♚ Overlord ♔

Persona 4 is really the only thing that really makes me want this thing really bad but looking at the price I say no. Wait for Black Friday or Christmas Sales before actually getting this not only will you save big bucks but most of the good games would have came out by then.

PRO Member

I bought 2 it is good in my eyes, it does need lots of more games but still worth because LBP Vita is v good