Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Vita will get a price cut, but not right now

This is a discussion on The Vita will get a price cut, but not right now within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation Vita price cut coming next year, says Sony - Gaming News - Digital Spy Sony's PlayStation Vita will receive ...

INTJ

The Vita will get a price cut, but not right now

PlayStation Vita price cut coming next year, says Sony - Gaming News - Digital Spy

Sony's PlayStation Vita will receive a price cut next year, according to Sony UK boss Fergal Gara.

The executive confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo that a price reduction is coming in 2013, but precisely when it will be introduced is "still under discussion".

He told Eurogamer: "We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.

"Even this week, there are some tremendously attractive bundles out there, for example Wi-fi Vita plus LittleBigPlanet at the 200 price point. There's the wi-fi product again plus FIFA 13 plus Uncharted Golden Abyss plus LittleBigPlanet at not much above the 200 price point.

"We will be working that very hard over the coming weeks as more and more software arrives."

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida previously moved to confirm that the PS Vita will not be given a price reduction in 2012.

hey guys

idea

we put a price cut on the vita

guys

idea

price cut

but

here's the big part

we do it after the massive holiday shopping season

it's brilliant

Plats-O'-War!!

IMHO, if they really want the vita to sell, then they should indeed give it a price cut during the holiday season (going into New Years Day). It would finally give people an honest chance to buy it rather than not buying (which would also hurt it's sales as well). Throw in a couple of bundled editions for it and sales could go through the roof.

Kid, not loser

Right now at Fry's you can get it for $200.
    Also with AC3:L it's gonna be $250 with the game, and I think they're doing it with COD as well.
    They really should just wait. It would be stupid to price cut it now when they have many people who will buy it at the price it is now for when the games come out, then more will buy it with the price drop later on.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Change is mediocre

Wait, after the holiday season? Like directly after? Because that's when I was planning on getting mine (after so many setbacks ;_; )

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Wait, after the holiday season? Like directly after? Because that's when I was planning on getting mine (after so many setbacks ;_; )
    yup.

welcome to sony logic.

PRO Member

Well to be honest Sony wants to avoid the backlash that happened to Nintendo when people paid 300$ for a 3DS and found a week later it drop by almost 100$ yeah there were some unhappy people, so by placing the price cut after the holidays it's just like everything else that gets a price cut after the holidays which is almost everything and anything on boxing day and then after, pretty much run of the mill marketing strategy

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Right now at Fry's you can get it for $200.
    Also with AC3:L it's gonna be $250 with the game, and I think they're doing it with COD as well.
    They really should just wait. It would be stupid to price cut it now when they have many people who will buy it at the price it is now for when the games come out, then more will buy it with the price drop later on.
    exactly the point I was making was made already

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    yup.

welcome to sony logic.
    I agree there, that's borderline stupidity. Though it works out for me quite nicely

Kid, not loser

yup.

welcome to sony logic.
    Why would they put a price cut before holiday? Think about it. If they put a price cut, then there will be just about no deals for it during holiday(they would lose a lot more money this way). People will think that since that is the regular price, they won't buy it. But, if people see "On sale for $200 only through Dec. 15-24th." they will buy it like crazy. You have to understand, it's the genius of marketing and how it works with people and times. If they plan a price cut after Christmas, then they can sell it for a discount during. Then after Christmas, they will put out a price cut and just as many people will buy it.
    Genius logic really.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If people are spent then they'll wait until after the holidays to get a Vita then.

PRO Member

Even if they do reduce the price that won't matter at all to me... they have about 2 games I would want to play right now, I won't get a Vita until I see more games for me. The price isn't an issue for me.

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

Well I was very pleased to see Sony plans to have a 10 year support plan in place for the Vita. This makes sense since the PS3 wasn't made with the Vita in mind however the PS4 will. Sony has shown they can make remote play work, albeit with a patch they made God of War I & II and Shadows of the Colossus playable. There are so many game's in the pipeline its not a matter of if people are going to buy a Vita its more when will they buy a Vita

Change is mediocre

Why would they put a price cut before holiday? Think about it. If they put a price cut, then there will be just about no deals for it during holiday(they would lose a lot more money this way). People will think that since that is the regular price, they won't buy it. But, if people see "On sale for $200 only through Dec. 15-24th." they will buy it like crazy. You have to understand, it's the genius of marketing and how it works with people and times. If they plan a price cut after Christmas, then they can sell it for a discount during. Then after Christmas, they will put out a price cut and just as many people will buy it.
    Genius logic really.
    If the price goes down during the holiday season, that would motivate people to buy more as gifts.

Kid, not loser

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    If the price goes down during the holiday season, that would motivate people to buy more as gifts.
    Yes, but they will more than likely have deals for like $200 during the holiday which will make people want to buy it then, with people thinking it's that price for a limited time, causing more people to buy it.

Then they will have a short break after Christmas where it's still at $250.

Then they will have an official price drop down to $200, and everyone will flock to that.

If they put an official price drop now, before Christmas, they will only have people buying it during the holiday, and nothing causing people to buy it after the holiday.

See what I mean? More units will sell if they make it seem like a special price 2 times, instead of just once.

Harvester of Souls

Yes, but they will more than likely have deals for like $200 during the holiday which will make people want to buy it then, with people thinking it's that price for a limited time, causing more people to buy it.

Then they will have a short break after Christmas where it's still at $250.

Then they will have an official price drop down to $200, and everyone will flock to that.

If they put an official price drop now, before Christmas, they will only have people buying it during the holiday, and nothing causing people to buy it after the holiday.

See what I mean? More units will sell if they make it seem like a special price 2 times, instead of just once.
    That's how I was pretty much looking at it. And whatever it takes them to get set up for the price drop too. I was thinknig later on in the year, not directly after the holidays anyways. :/ It's whatever to me. If they do it somewhere in the middle of next year, then just like you stated where it gets 2 drops and discounts in pricing. And helps people later on.

I really don't see what's so wrong with that at all.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

The only problem is that there are no good games!! Pretty much everything they have is a port.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    The only problem is that there are no good games!! Pretty much everything they have is a port.
    Same thing happened to the PSP

look where it's at now.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Same thing happened to the PSP

look where it's at now.
    Sony is stuck with ports and Nintendo is stuck with ports... with a dizzying 3D effect. GOLLY GEE WILLIKERS BATMAN!

The Site Mascot

Ya it would have been smart at a business stance to initiate a price drop before Black Friday but for some reason Sony decided to do it AFTER the Christmas holiday. Well this is what i have been waiting for, on top of a more robust library of games.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Lvl 8 - Gold

i think it's stupid to announce a price cut,why would anybody buy a vita now if they know the price is going to be cut after the holidays,that guy is a a dumbass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast