This would be awesome for Resident Evil and Vita

This is a discussion on This would be awesome for Resident Evil and Vita within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; reHorror: Resident Evil on the Vita | Rely on Horror Its basically saying keep the new Resident Evil style on ...

Rangers F.C

This would be awesome for Resident Evil and Vita

reHorror: Resident Evil on the Vita | Rely on Horror

Its basically saying keep the new Resident Evil style on PS3 and return old style to Vita , 1,2,3 have already been released but why not old style RE games on Vita with new stories .

The main bit I am talking about starts half way down page
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Banned

Nobody cares about the vita, it sold horribly, most developers regret bothering with it and most consumers regret buying it.
    Handheld gaming needs to die, nobody takes it seriously.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Nobody cares about the vita, it sold horribly, most developers regret bothering with it and most consumers regret buying it.
    Would have to disagree there its got stacks of potential but the main reason its not selling is they are making a grand job of fucking its potential up , I take it you did not read the link play fair Trains I read your wonderfully strange posts lol

Forget I Was Ever Here

"nobody takes it seriously" that is ridiculously dumb!!! Children love handheld games and in fact some of the adult generation does to because you can travel with them….Some of the things you say never make sense

It is time for me to go underground

Synthwave <3

You're definitely wrong! I care about the Vita as does my husband and several friends. I've been enjoying it even more since there have been a lot more great releases. I hope it lasts a long time and that more developers see its potential as it is fun to play when you just wanna kick back and relax, do something different than the norm, play something more interactive or play out on the go!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I love handheld consoles, my PSP has been my faithful companion on many a travel, including playing old Resident Evil games on it ( as well as MGS,FFVIII, Crash etc ).

I would love to see Resi in it's truer forms on Vita, Outbreak style or Code Veronica style, hell, i would play the crap out of a handheld Code Veronica!.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I love handheld consoles, my PSP has been my faithful companion on many a travel, including playing old Resident Evil games on it ( as well as MGS,FFVIII, Crash etc ).

I would love to see Resi in it's truer forms on Vita, Outbreak style or Code Veronica style, hell, i would play the crap out of a handheld Code Veronica!.
    Always wanted a PSP but never bought one , when the Vita came out it was perfect for me cause I work away from home often so saves me taking a small TV and PS3 ( got to have the home comforts )

NSFW

Okay guys, Trains "derailed" this thread, can we come back on "track"? Thanks.

I would like to see more horror games on handhelds, since you can take it out in the middle of a spooky forest at night and play it there... a bit sad, that Resident Evil is moving a bit away from horror... so... yeah.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Okay guys, Trains "derailed" this thread, can we come back on "track"? Thanks.

I would like to see more horror games on handhelds, since you can take it out in the middle of a spooky forest at night and play it there... a bit sad, that Resident Evil is moving a bit away from horror... so... yeah.

Breakfast and Chill

The new standard image for a thread derailed by Trains.

On topic: Though I was never interested in the Resident Evil series, I would love to see the Vita get another game that would hopefully generate enough sales to allow Sony to continue support of the platform.

PRO Member

If they released a full blown Resident Evil game for Vita, that would be a MAJOR selling point for me to finally get the Vita. Right now the only ohter game I would play atm is AC Liberation.

As for the style for the game, it wont bother me either way if its the new RE style or old, either way id want it.
    However as i said "full blown game" most Vita and Handheld games are so fucking short and usually made by a different company than the true series owners. Even though Capcom is greedy, i don't think i would trust a true Resident Evil experience in the hands of another developer... look at Operation Raccoon City, a fun game in its own right.. but not true to the series.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

The Site Mascot

A traditional Resident Evil series on the Vita would definitely help out the Vita. It is an impressive piece of hardware but the console itself, accessories, and those damn memory cards, just cost too much. Think about it, outside of a Vita bundle a PS3 costs roughly the same after buying a Vita, game, memory card, carrying case, and protective film. Sony NEEDS to reduce the prices of everything, the games are fine. Sony is in financial distress, the company is in dire need of profits, but they have to take a risk and buy more third party support and decide the costs of the Vita. I love the tech, it is such an impressive device, but I don't see myself buying it when it is on the verge of doom. Hell, last quarter the PSP outdoor the Vita!

I have a feeling that the Vita will recover and may even be able to compete with the 3DS.

Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

Rangers F.C

I honestly think the Vita is worth every penny but to try and corner you into only buying Vita exclusives is where they went wrong , if you could play PS1 , PS2 and a collection of smaller PS3 titles like Dead Nation from the start there would be mega sales , the main reason I bought this if I am honest was for the Remote-Play which they used in there sales pitch and when I got it and realised it did not even do it I was mad , but I thought well at least I can play PS1,2 games and they did not work either and after completing about 4 Vita titles the Vita collected dust for months , now it is starting to offer PS1 titles but in my opinion its not enough , they need PS2 at the very least and some PS3 downloads would be welcomed to , think about playing Silent Hill 2 and Resident Evil 4 and other decent games , PS1 titles is never going to make it appeal to loads of people , kids today would cry if they had to play a PS1 title rather than LBP2 lol

Change is mediocre

I can't see how no one takes handheld portable gaming seriously, they've got big titles released and yet to be released for the Vitaa (see Resistance, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and more).

On topic, it would be a huge sales booster if another RE game that was good was released, but that's a little too much to ask.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Oh man, stop invading my dreams. I was thinking about an Outbreak 3 game for the Vita/PS3 last night. Full time 8 person co-op.

Handheld games need to have short play session times. Anything more than a half hour and it is wasting its time. I mean this in the sense of being able to complete a chapter/mission or just replay any small level. Any of RE6's chapters would be the opposite of what you want. You do not want to be able to be disturbed, you want to fully engage yourself into it.

The PSVita really should have just been a remote play interface for the PS3. If that is all it could do then I believe it would have sold much better. (If you're confused as to what this means, think of the WiiU Gamepad and how it does not require a tv to play.)
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm sorry but that seems like a pretty bias opinion. I seriously think the vita is one of the best things I ever bought. Have yet to regret a single penny.

But as for Resident Evil on vita, that would be awesome. I'm still sad that RE and DmC never came out on PSP back in the day :/

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nobody cares about the vita, it sold horribly, most developers regret bothering with it and most consumers regret buying it. Handheld gaming needs to die, nobody takes it seriously.
    Ps360 is that you? Oh wait you said all handhelds if you couldnt afford one you should have tried buying that taco bell 5 dollar box but am afraid its too late for that, and dont get into i hate the handhelds bandwagon just try it first

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've got to say i think they are doing a fabulous job so far i mean they actually gave us a great deal with metal gear and if your a trophy hunter you get two plats out of if. never played any of the earlier resident evils but i really think with these later releases they are really gonna bring it home.

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar