Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sony Compares the vita to a Girl with 4 boobs

This is a discussion on Sony Compares the vita to a Girl with 4 boobs within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 because every form of pr is the best pr right I remember that ad!...

The Deathly Rhythm

I remember that ad!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Negator

Vita would have to come packaged with a 4-tittied woman for me to be interested.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Closing this account

Still not buying it. Sony has sunken to a new low. As I said before, Japanese don't like this POS. Keeping marketing the west Sony and let the 3DS run wild over here.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Still not buying it. Sony has sunken to a new low. As I said before, Japanese don't like this POS. Keeping marketing the west Sony and let the 3DS run wild over here.
    proof

PS Vita News: Japan sales: Sony shifts less than 800k PS Vita units in six months - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Closing this account

After reading that article, seems like they are trying to do "damage control" before anything really bad happens to sells. A small chunk of that 800K had gone to the U.S Military bases here. You and I both know that when something new hits Japan, that product would be seen with 1 out of 6 people. I seen a Vita being played in public maybe 2 times and I was walking through Shinjuku to Shibuya. I don't even seen kids or teens playing then on the train.

INTJ

After reading that article, seems like they are trying to do "damage control" before anything really bad happens to sells.
    the problem with the PSP/Vita is that all the good games are in japan so they won't sell in the US and Japan wants nothing to do with them because Nintendo is basically dominating the entire country with pokemon, monster hunter, love plus, and nintendo characters.

everyone likes saying sony loves appealing to niche markets, but then they don't get companies to release project diva, Ex troopers (Lost planet spinoff), [email protected], etc. in america. These series have very big niche fanbases in america.

they need good games to keep their platform afloat. This includes actually having at least 1 good game for the masses and a bunch of good games for niche fanbases. Microsoft and Nintendo do that very well.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I think the article posted, might be a tad bit overzealous in their stance - but I think the print ad does have a unique analogy to draw the user in to what the product offers that separates it from it's predecessor and the competition (be it other handhelds or the smartphones/tablets of the world)

To me, I see a mannequin. One that might not even have a head (which is actually extremely common of mannequins). So this whole business about there not being a head being an issue is forced, and clutching at straws. The sexual innuendos that are implied with the print, are something that would have had to have been checked and approved by the magazine's ad department, then the department editor, and finally by the magazine's editor, in order to make it into the magazine. If it was something that would have been a "faux pas" it wouldn't have made it to the magazine. It's fairly common knowledge that the French have slightly more lenient standards when it comes to sex and advertising, and this just seems to be another case in which the more conservative portions of the world (when it comes to sex in general) having an issue with something that is perfectly acceptable elsewhere.

I don't understand what exactly is the major issue or question to be had with the article, unless somebody is implying that the ad is going to turn the French readers into a bunch of sexual deviants who are going to actively lose touch with reality and seek women with four breasts instead of two, or actively seek to "feel the sensations" of mannequins everywhere in France. Which of course has as much likeliness as kids jumping off of buildings and attempting to take on TV's with LeBron Jame's face in them due to Nike+ commercials, or individuals on subways stabbing fellow commuters in the back because of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation commercial.

If we're going to be so sensitive to print ads, that the artistic value is going to be torn apart and dissected for it's sociological merit and impression, then it is going to severely limit the artistic freedom's and liberty's of the artist to create anything without people reading too much out of the individual works. I'd had to be an artist who finds beauty in the contrasts of colors such as blacks, whites, yellows, and browns, without having to have the entire world state that each color must stand for some sort of race, and that the stance defines some sort racial strife in it's meaning.

But then again, this is the age of everybody being able to voice their opinions, critiques, slurs, beliefs, and stances behind the ambiguity of a screen, and not have to worry about anybody standing up to them or even listening to another's opinion by slapping on a tl;dr tag in the follow up, or simply ignoring the response to begin with.

It's art people, lighten up.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    It's art people, lighten up.
    anything created is art

doesn't mean anyone has to like it.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360
    the problem with the PSP/Vita is that all the good games are in japan so they won't sell in the US and Japan wants nothing to do with them because Nintendo is basically dominating the entire country with pokemon, monster hunter, love plus, and nintendo characters.
    We can blame the U.S for having game companies edit certain games to shield their virgin eyes.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    anything created is art

doesn't mean anyone has to like it.
    Another lovely generalization that completely misses the point, and is wrong to begin with, in that everything is not art. Art in advertising is very common, but not necessarily an exclusive. Not all advertising is art, and not all art is advertising. This is one such situation in which they are used together.

I'm not insisting you have to like it either, or insinuating it either. To jump to the insinuation that Sony is racist from an ad, or that they think of women as sexual objects because of a mannequin without a head that has four breasts is trying to force social issues into a print campaign. Does Ubisoft promote people stabbing individuals in the back because of their ad? It's about the same level of overreaction to assume either.

But then again, you're the one who loves to spin sensational articles and titles to your own individual agenda whenever present. Unlike this campaign, or a billboard from 6 years ago though, you only have to click on your profile and check the topics started by you to find the surmounting amount of evidence to support my statement.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Up the Irons!

Honestly, I don't find anything wrong/weird about it.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

INTJ

We can blame the U.S for having game companies edit certain games to shield their virgin eyes.
    i wouldn't say that. it's just our socieity frowns upon sexual content while glorifying violence for some mentally retarded reason.

people freak out over here over a simple rumor that coca cola has a penis in it's advertising but doesn't mind when people go watch saw on abc family.

Retired

Saw is entertainment. I don't really know what it is, but if it's the movie you're talking about, then you're wrong, there's no violence in movies, seeing all that is a way to get away from reality.

I don't think we can escape from reality by looking at a penis.

An old-fashioned cowboy

That's one too many boobs if you ask me. I only have so many arms and mouths.

Lvl 6 - Silver

sounds good to me - you could fondle her back boobs when you bend her over.
    they would almost be like hand-holds for doggystyle.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

The sad truth

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well it is better than this ad for Nintendo, at least the Vita ad shows off dual sided touch pads (I don't know what the fuck a jar of toenails has to do with videogames )

Also you got to remember it is the advertisers job to get you to notice. The average person might have just skipped the ad, but all of a sudden "4 boobed woman" and now they are reading.

Take a look at this trailer for Perfect Dark for the n64. No gameplay until the end, but you stayed watching

lol That jar of toenail clippings suddenly makes me want to buy a Wii U!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

-i- love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    That's one too many boobs if you ask me. I only have so many arms and mouths.
    Lmao, this made me laugh.

For some reason, this ad makes me want to get up and buy a Vita.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well it is better than this ad for Nintendo, at least the Vita ad shows off dual sided touch pads (I don't know what the fuck a jar of toenails has to do with videogames )

90s was the time where the stereotypes for boys "i like dirty things" and girls "I like cute things" was at it's highest before gender equality and political correctness bullshit kicked in hard.

the ad made sense then. just like earthbound had a advert saying this game stinks.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    90s was the time where the stereotypes for boys "i like dirty things" and girls "I like cute things" was at it's highest before gender equality and political correctness bullshit kicked in hard.

the ad made sense then. just like earthbound had a advert saying this game stinks.
    No that ad was always stupid, don't try to justify it. It is no different than the addicted to mushroom commercials Nintendo kept running during the gamecube days. They were stupid then and they are stupid now.

The Earthbound ads were different because they were showcasing a part of the game, much like the dual sided vita ad.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast