Transfer game save question

This is a discussion on Transfer game save question within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Is it possible, and if so how do you transfer the vita game save from cartridge to the downloaded version ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Transfer game save question

Is it possible, and if so how do you transfer the vita game save from cartridge to the downloaded version of the game? Can I do this without losing any progress? Thanks!

PRO Member

i had this question myself ever since vita came out.
    my first game was wipeout.
    youll notice that you can take the game out of your vita, but the bubble will still be on your home screen
    (the save data is there)
    when you download the same game
    (got wipeout for free from ps+)
    it put the game right into the bubble and i culd continue playing where i left off before i traded it in

and with backing up a downloaded game to you pc, you dont need to keep the game.
    when you backup, you can open the folder of the game and there will be a savedata folder inside,
    you can take that folder out and delete the game itself (to save space)
    and when you feel the need to download the game again, just back up the game(newly downloaded)
    and put the save data back into the game and continue where you left off.

(does this work for using someone elses save? ive yet to try and see if it works)

i had looked up stuff like this on the net, and theres suprisingly a very little amount of stuff to find that says annything about the vita