Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Custom Vita Case

This is a discussion on Custom Vita Case within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've made another one. This one holds the Nyko Power grip and it doesn't hold the full games. Instead it ...

  1. #21
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    jhawk19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    2

    I've made another one. This one holds the Nyko Power grip and it doesn't hold the full games. Instead it holds the small flat game case (see photo). I'll upload some pics soon!

  2. #22
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    jhawk19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    2

    OK. Finished...for now. I'm still deciding on where to put my bluetooth headset. I'm still shopping...

  3. #23
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    oscar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arkham City
    Posts
    467
    Reputation
    6

    which do you like better the trigger grip or the nyko. I have a trigger grip and I kinda wish it was bigger. I have big hands ........... thats what she said
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss




  4. #24
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,461
    Reputation
    526

    Yeah that looks...umm...portable.

    Why would I slog around with a giant aluminium box when I can buy a much smaller yet equally protective hard shell with game storage for the Vita for $25 or less?

    It's a neat idea for a home DIY project, but impractical on many levels as a commercial product. Based on your OP it looks like you're gauging interest from other forum members for their own custom cases, and there are simply much better, cheaper and easier solutions out there.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

  5. #25
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    jhawk19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    which do you like better the trigger grip or the nyko. I have a trigger grip and I kinda wish it was bigger. I have big hands ........... thats what she said
    I had both grips and I prefer the NyKo Power Grips. They fit my hands better and novelty of the trigger grips wore off on me. I also got cramps or needed to stop and shake my hands when playing with the trigger grips. Not the case with the NyKo's. Of course, you also double the battery life of the Vita with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Yeah that looks...umm...portable.

    Why would I slog around with a giant aluminium box when I can buy a much smaller yet equally protective hard shell for the Vita?
    I love it actually. I have 2 children (4 and 2) and this case keeps them out!! It has locks too.

    Portable...absolutely. It has a nice handle and a detachable shoulder strap (I don't have it attached). Everything is protected without me having to remove the NyKo Power Grips, each and every time I want to store the Vita and I can carry my charging cable and all of my games.

    Of course, ant1th3s1s, everyone has their own opinion among other things...

    I like the case. I had a need and it fits my needs perfectly.

  6. #26
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,461
    Reputation
    526

    Quote Originally Posted by jhawk19 View Post
    I love it actually. I have 2 children (4 and 2) and this case keeps them out!! It has locks too.

    Portable...absolutely. It has a nice handle and a detachable shoulder strap (I don't have it attached). Everything is protected without me having to remove the NyKo Power Grips, each and every time I want to store the Vita and I can carry my charging cable and all of my games.

    Of course, ant1th3s1s, everyone has their own opinion among other things...

    I like the case. I had a need and it fits my needs perfectly.
    I can whack a PS3 in a suitcase and it becomes a portable solution, but it doesn't make it practical

    As I said, it's a fun home project with zero commercial application. It's simply too large and clunky for a hand-held console. I can still slip a hard shell into a pocket if I need the protection for my Vita, you can't do that with a 10" x 13" x 4.5" box.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO