Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vita Box Revealed

This is a discussion on Vita Box Revealed within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The box for the PlayStation Vita has been revealed. In a post on the European PlayStation Blog, European Product Manager ...

PRO Member

Vita Box Revealed

The box for the PlayStation Vita has been revealed.

In a post on the European PlayStation Blog, European Product Manager Adam Grant revealed the official package for the European version of the system.

In addition, Grant showcased the apps that will be available on the system at launch. Here's the list, as described by Grant:
    •Welcome Park - We invite you to the Welcome Park to explore and discover all of the brilliant features packed into PS Vita through a series of mini-games.

•Party - Fancy a chat while you're gaming? Speak with your friends anytime you like with Party. The voice and text chat application allows you to talk to up to eight party members, no matter what you're doing. Party also allows you to set up and jump in multiplayer games and chat with Friends while you play different games, bringing cross-game chat to PS Vita.

•PlayStation Store - A direct link to PlayStation Store where you will be able to download all PS Vita games, trailers, DLC and apps.

•Group Messaging - Another great way to contact your PlayStation Network friends is with a PSN Message. Send them an update or even a picture you've taken with your PS Vita to let them know what's going on. You can message your friends on PSP and PS3, and you can have conversations with multiple people at once.

•Photos - PS Vita allows you to capture photos and this is the direct link to the camera and also the photo viewer application.

•Near - An exclusive location based gaming network for PS Vita. With near you can stay connected to all of your PlayStation Network friends and make new ones by sharing information about yourself, based on your location. Press the Update button and find new people based on where you are, challenge them to games or play cooperatively and enjoy a completely unique gaming experience on PS Vita. You can even send and receive new levels, unlocks and in-game items to enhance the way you play – everywhere you go will hold new surprises. You can view your friends' game preferences, see how many trophies they've earned and compare your stats to see who the better player is.

•Trophies - PS Vita games will support Trophies and this app will store and track your Trophies earned on both PS Vita and PS3. It also allows you to compare your Trophies with your friends.

•Music - A music player that will allow you to play your own tunes transferred to PS Vita via a computer or PS3.

•Friends - Your Friends List will allow you to search and keep in touch with your PSN Friends. Click on a friend's profile to see what game they are playing on either PS Vita or PlayStation 3. You can join their game, take a look at what you've played together recently or compare your trophy collections. You can also see your friend's recent gaming activity and what they are doing now. In your profile you can share information about yourself. Choose an avatar that represents you best, add your friends and let the world know what you are playing.

•Internet Browser - With the 5″ OLED Touchscreen, PS Vita will offer a great web browsing experience over Wi-Fi and 3G.

The features are currently only confirmed for Europe, but they're expected to be the same in the US.

The Vita will release in Japan on December 17th. It's expected in the US and Europe in early 2012.

It looks pretty neat if you ask me. I like how it is in bright blue instead of the PS3 box being black.

Sig by Bladia

Prayer Warrior

i'm looking forward to this product and have very high hopes for it

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i'm looking forward to this product and have very high hopes for it
    Same here, I hope there is a much lower failure rate for the VITA then the PSPGO had, that one was a terrible idea.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

will defo be picking one up around new year
    Does NOT Accept Blank Friend Requests

The Bushiest Pig

Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The main sellign points for me were trophies, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance and CoD for it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Definitely getting it when it comes out. Seems like it will be way more worth it than when I got the first psp, played maybe 3 games and just got bored with it.
    Thanks for the info mattveego

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Same here, I hope there is a much lower failure rate for the VITA then the PSPGO had, that one was a terrible idea.
    I have no single clue why the PSPGo was released. Somebody enlighten me.

--------

I have high hopes for the VITA. It seems like a great system and it looks like it will prevail.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Resident PHD

I believe the GO was released due to the success of the iPod and such. People seemed to prefer digital media as opposed to physical and Sony thought this would translate.

Where they made a mistake is not being able to transfer your physical media to the GO (like cds-mp3) and that most people's mp3 players are full of pirated music (which translates into 0$ profit)

I like the GO and the fact that I can have a library of games with me without having to bring all my UMDs but it was too expensive for the general market and never caught on. It was an experiment that failed but companies move on.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by HelldragonSK View Post
    Definitely getting it when it comes out. Seems like it will be way more worth it than when I got the first psp, played maybe 3 games and just got bored with it.
    Thanks for the info mattveego
    Yup, no problem.

Sig by Bladia

Retired TGT Member

okay so the VITA is basically a rectangle right, with one side obviously longer than the other? the box is a square. um...modern power adapters are pretty small...just wondering what else could be taking up so much space?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think this could...

a. change everything

b. be a flop

there really is no middle ground I just hope it changes everything and I can't wait to get one!

Call of Duty: MW2, Fallout 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty World at War, Red Dead Redemption
    Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2 Among Theives, MAG, Little Big Planet
    Little Big Planet 2, InFamous, Dead Nation, Borderlands, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 2, Skyrim, InFamous 2
    Saints Row: The Third, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure

PRO Member

I am really looking forward to getting my grubby paws on this thing

-i- love myself.

Man this looks beautiful. I can't wait to get my hands on the Vita!

Thanks for the info, mattveego!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Everything looks solid, but I think I'll be waiting a while before I look to get this.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I wantz! Will be my first Sony handheld console

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I have no single clue why the PSPGo was released. Somebody enlighten me.

--------

I have high hopes for the VITA. It seems like a great system and it looks like it will prevail.
    they wanted to see how many people would blindly buy that piece of shit lol
    no offense to the owners
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    they wanted to see how many people would blindly buy that piece of shit lol
    no offense to the owners
    I guess it was for the people who didn't own a PSP... and only wanted to buy their shit online, lol.

Kiwi Defender

Looks nice and brighter than the PSP/PS3 ones.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Looks pretty good. I'll definitely be picking this up sometime in the future.

Lvl 4 - Silver

The Vita certainly looks like it will triumph over the 3DS, If i say so myself even the box looks epic. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast