PS Vita 3G Question?

This is a discussion on PS Vita 3G Question? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey all Vita Users, I'm going to be getting the new Ps Vita+ bundle this Friday and I'm a little ...

♚ Overlord ♔

PS Vita 3G Question?

Hey all Vita Users, I'm going to be getting the new Ps Vita+ bundle this Friday and I'm a little disappointed that the Ps Vita is 3G and not the wi-fi version. I really don't wanna pay AT&T monthly. They are already milking me dry with my cell phone jeez. Would it be possible to turn off 3G but keep wi-fi on? To be honest the PS-Vita is more of a console to me than a handheld, I never really take handheld's outside from fear of alot dirt,scratches,and dare I say...even dropping it on the ground. I also heard that I can use my smartphone as a hotspot so 3G isn't really needed in my opinion "aka cheating the system" . I really want this bundle but if I can't turn off 3G and keep wi-fi on, there is really no point.

New PS Vita + PS Plus Bundle Available Next Week – PlayStation Blog

Death to zombies!!

Yes you can turn it off

Looking at the deal it seems great apart from you only get a 4GB memory card the download of Uncharted GA is nearly 3.5GB so you mite want to upgrade it.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

Good to know. I've been thinking about picking one up and whether or not I should get the 3g/wifi one or just the wifi. Do you need to pay a monthly fee for the 3g one? (might be a dumb question )

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

If you want a Wi-Fi only model, they have $250 bundles that come with either AC Liberation or COD. Both were $199 for Black Friday, but they are back to regular price. Paying $50 for the Ps+ sub will bring the amount to the same... only difference is what free game you want and if you want one of the 'special' Vita colors.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Good to know. I've been thinking about picking one up and whether or not I should get the 3g/wifi one or just the wifi. Do you need to pay a monthly fee for the 3g one? (might be a dumb question )
    You only pay a fee if you have a 3G subscription through AT&T. If you're not using the 3G, then there's no fee.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Here's some info on the price of 3g

What are the different sizes and prices of the data plans offered for AT&Ts 3G service?
    Data plans can be purchased month-to-month with no contract (see step-by-step instructions above). The plans come in 250MB ($14.99), 3GB ($30), and 5GB ($50) varieties.
    PS Vita Your 3G Questions Answered PlayStation Blog

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    Thanks. Given that information, I'll be happy with just the wifi one. I already have a cell phone bill

|
    |by Smashguy |

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks. Given that information, I'll be happy with just the wifi one. I already have a cell phone bill
    i have a wi-fi only vita and if i wanna play online out and about i just set my iPhone 4S hotspot on and use my phone as a router sod paying to play online!
    Does NOT Accept Blank Friend Requests

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkeh89 View Post
    i have a wi-fi only vita and if i wanna play online out and about i just set my iPhone 4S hotspot on and use my phone as a router sod paying to play online!
    Nice. That's a fantastic idea! I have the S3 so I'm sure it will be sufficient enough

|
    |by Smashguy |

♚ Overlord ♔

Thanks for answering my question guys
    The bundle is now delayed to 12/11 instead of 12/7. So sadly Persona 4: Golden will have to wait
    I bought it when it first came out. I dont even have a Vita but can you blame me? Its PERSONA