Genres that Vita needs more of

This is a discussion on Genres that Vita needs more of within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Alright, we've seen third person shooters, first person shooters (albeit bad ones), a 2.5D platformer etc. My question is, what ...

Retired

Genres that Vita needs more of

Alright, we've seen third person shooters, first person shooters (albeit bad ones), a 2.5D platformer etc.

My question is, what genre deserves a good game on the Vita.

I always say this to everything, but I think Vita needs 3D platformers, 3DS has Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic Generations etc. The Vita only has Gravity Rush (Uncharted and Assassin's Creed are mainly shooters) which is also sorta a JRPG, which seems incredible, but I (sounds selfish) need more ones. Now, the Vita will get both Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper games in 2013, but we need more original ones.
    First Person Shooters, the main sellers these days, we've had Call of Duty and Resistance, both by Nihilistic Games, and they aren't necessary that good.
    Artistic games - Journey, Flower, Unfinished Swan, all these would make great on the Vita.

News Team

If Sony commissioned a good Jak and Daxter game for the Vita, I would buy one.
    the PS and PS2 both banked on the success of their platformers.
    Hopefully the Vita gets the same love.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

I honestly think the tell tale games should be on there. I think games like the walking dead would work well with the touch controls. thats what I would like to see come over to the vita side.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Angel of Death

Tell Tales games would be great, but I want more RPG's like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.