Just finished persona 4 golden, should i get persona 3?

This is a discussion on Just finished persona 4 golden, should i get persona 3? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I just finished one of the best games I have ever played: Persona 4 Golden. I never played it ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just finished persona 4 golden, should i get persona 3?

So I just finished one of the best games I have ever played: Persona 4 Golden. I never played it when it originally came out but wow this had everything I wanted in a game, great story, awesome battle system the works.

My question is should I get the Persona 3 psp version that was released? Is it good or will I be disappointing after playing Persona 4 golden? I heard there are no anime cut scenes and you cannot walk around like you did in persona 4, is this really a big negative?

Also I just noticed the original ps2 version is on psn for ps3. Now I am even more confused in what to get. The ps2 version or the psp version

If anyone that played any of these can let me know?

Thanks!

Thanks to Djunglist for the great Signature pic!

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I'd suggest buying the ps2 classic Persona 3 FES off of the psn store. It includes a separate 30-hour epilogue called 'The Answer' and the anime-style cut-scenes, allows your character to freely walk around town/school, and is only $10 (I think the psp version is $20 on the store?).

It plays very much like Persona 4 (social links, attributes, places to visit, shadows to kill, etc.) and since you enjoyed this one I'm sure you will like P3FES. Actually I still need to finish P3FES

An old-fashioned cowboy

^ I agree with PM if you're thinking of getting Persona 3 then get P3 FES and not P3P. No matter what P3P added it's still not better than FES.

Lvl 6 - Silver

im not really sure about P3P but FES is a fantasic game. P3(not FES) was the first Persona game I played and I loved every minute of it. I still own my collectors edition, FES, and Persona 4. The gameplay varies a little bit from Persona 4 though, a couple of things you will have to get used to, I wont ruin the details here though.

Sig by JakeSS14

No Game No Life

I prefer the PS2 version of P3 rather than P3P. Haven't tried out FES yet so I don't know about that one.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    I prefer the PS2 version of P3 rather than P3P. Haven't tried out FES yet so I don't know about that one.
    Pretty much the same game with an extra side story. New Personas, events and the addition of Hard mode.

Sig by JakeSS14

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well i spent 200 hours in P3P i still say it's a good game for the PSP but yeah get FES on PSN Store. It's really worth it.