Forbes: 7 PlayStation Vita Games That Break the Portable Gaming Mold

This is a discussion on Forbes: 7 PlayStation Vita Games That Break the Portable Gaming Mold within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; 7 PlayStation Vita Games That Break the Portable Gaming Mold - Forbes There we go, an article that doesn't lament ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Forbes: 7 PlayStation Vita Games That Break the Portable Gaming Mold

7 PlayStation Vita Games That Break the Portable Gaming Mold - Forbes

There we go, an article that doesn't lament the console for supposedly having no games.

Breakfast and Chill

Interesting read. Still waiting for a price cut on the Vita before I buy one.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by vettes_4-ever View Post
    Interesting read. Still waiting for a price cut on the Vita before I buy one.
    From what I've read, the memory cards have received a price cut. Wont be long till the console gets one too.

Angel of Death

Liberations was really bad in my opinion. Surprised Gravity Rush wasn't on there. I hated it, but it's something new.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    Liberations was really bad in my opinion. Surprised Gravity Rush wasn't on there. I hated it, but it's something new.
    It's a list of console ports that aren't butchered basically. showing that the vita can be capable of running console-esque games with little to no problem

INTJ

Most wanted

Rather than handing off the portable version to another team Criterion took the helm of the Vita game. What results is a portable experience that is identical to the console version, with just a few graphical and traffic density concessions being made.
    ill just buy the console version then

Assassins creed revelations:

Ironically though, it’s the investment in storytelling and plot development that falls short here as the game often tends towards busy-work and loosely link objectives.

so the game looks good but the gameplay is bad? great argument

Little big planet

now useless thanks to the PS3 DLC

fifa soccer

forbes plz

Uncharted Golden Abyss

The result is an experience that would not be out of place on a console. More than this though it uses the Vita’s technology to enhance the experience.
    Stop saying "This is like a console game." That doesn't make it better or worse.

Little King's Story.

This brings one of the Wii’s best real time strategy games to the Vita with all the trimmings.

so the vita has to borrow from the wii exclusive library to compete with nintendo? Not to mention it's rated worse than the Wii version?

Okamiaden from the fucking DS and VC2 for the PSP.

"we ran out of potential vita games so here's some better games from diffrent platforms"

Persona 4 is the only good one on the list.

Retired

Really? Do you really have to dig that low to defend Nintendo and bash PlayStation?

Buy my book, Alteration

Surprised Gravity Rush didn't make the cut. I think the Vita has great potential, and its upcoming and recent library has potential to keep improving.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think Gravity Rush should have been on there. I also think Soul Sacrifice could have made the list if it was out already.

Kiwi Defender

Wait, they're telling me how the VITA can make console games work on a portable device? But I'm ont interested in that, that's why I have a PS3 already .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

while it is interesting yes the only reason I own mine is because I got it as a gift.. I just don't see $300 worth of fun coming from it.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Wait, they're telling me how the VITA can make console games work on a portable device? But I'm ont interested in that, that's why I have a PS3 already .
    Well one of the major campaigns for the VITA is that it offers console quality games, in a handheld. It's the stance that the system has taken in a marketing standpoint to attempt to differentiate itself from the competition (and that means the android/iphone market as much as the 3DS) and the article is pointing out which games adhere to that stance.

Console games aren't perfect, therefore neither will attempts to make console type games on a handheld. That's why the stance on some of the games is more of an honest one in which it says that these VITA games are flawed in some ways, but also deliver console-like experiences. The article isn't so much VITA-centric, as it poses the question "Is there console quality games out there on handhelds (including not on the VITA?)" and that's why it concludes with some titles for other handhelds that people should try if they are seeking an experience comparable to one on a console.

---

The problem with the VITA is that the library isn't increasing fast enough for the unsure consumer to take the dive. Until the game gets it's own must-own game, or a serious price cut, it's going to flounder in mediocrity. Hopefully this years major gaming conferences deliver something that moves some more units. For now, I, like many others, can afford to hold off.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Retired Staff Member

In my opinion, some of the "best" games on the Vita are still pretty terrible. Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation is full of glitches, terrible voice acting, and music that seems to have no effort put into it.
    Uncharted Golden Abyss, (again this is my opinion) is the most boring Uncharted game in the franchise. (Possibly excluding the card game, which I have not played.) And has some pretty bad game choices. (using one voice for every single enemy, having ridiculously bad writing, and useless/poor implementation of the Vita's touch screen/pad and SIXAXIS functionality.

Again, my opinion. I still regret buying the Vita, though I hope some decent titles will come out. For now, it's mostly a mini and PS1/PSP machine for me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hideo Kojima needs to give the vita some more love. Peace Walker was perfect and made me forget that I was playing a psp game and not in front of a tv. Its a shame that so many companies just go "we are making a portable version of our game, so lets rush it and give it to the rookie dev team to make"

You think they would be more careful not to hurt the game series image...