Online capabilities?

This is a discussion on Online capabilities? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how the online play is? Also, do you have to be ...

PRO Member

Online capabilities?

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how the online play is? Also, do you have to be on wi-fi or would I be able to play anywhere? Thanks.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Indie Game Developer

I have the 3G version, but I only used the 1 month trial, and as far as I could tell, playing games online over 3G was something that a game had to support? I don't remember exactly, but I didn't think you could just play online with every game on 3G. Also keep in mind that 3G costs around $15 a month or so.

Also, online play is pretty awesome. I've played both WipEout 2048 and NFS: Most Wanted online extensively, and both are fast paced racing games. Lag was not an issue. Both were tons of fun to get into a lobby and just start going for hours. I'm looking forward to playing LBPVita online soon
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've got the 3G/Wi-Fi. I don't think I've ever wandered into an area that I couldn't connect from. Bonus for being a city dwealler. Lag is rarely an issue. The one or two times I remember there being a bit of choppiness it was in Ragnarok Odyssey, but that was because I'm in CA and I was trying to connect to people hosting rooms from other countries. So yeah, no complaints really. Netflix and Skype both work as well as you could want. Download speeds always seem pretty fast.

Retired

The online is awesome, the only game with online I have so far is LBP, I've had a lot of fun with bnecker from here in the game.