PSVITA. The ultimate decision. xD

This is a discussion on PSVITA. The ultimate decision. xD within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So i bought myself the AC:Liberation PSVita bundle on e-bay and it is about to be shipped to my door. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PSVITA. The ultimate decision. xD

So i bought myself the AC:Liberation PSVita bundle on e-bay and it is about to be shipped to my door. I know that AC game is a crap, i bought that crappy PS all-stars battle royale (PS3 edition for cross-platform paly/trophies and etc) and i have + membership with uncharted and all that stuff. BUT. As many of you have discovered one day you're getting really bored with your VITA. So bored that you head over to the PSP games store and buy stuff like P3P, GTA Stories series, Dissidia, Rock Band Unplugged and other AAA+ content.
    NOW. I am not that person who buys stuff in buckets. I am very limited with my monthly salary(250-300$ a month). Recently i upgraded my PC, bought LED TV and PS3+that Vita Bundle. Right now i am REAL TIGHT ON MONEY. But i dont want to think of my PSVITA as a waste of bills. And i dont know what to buy next. Here are my options..
    Would you recommend P4P over MGS HD Collection? (As far as i remember these are the only two games on PSVITA store that are worth the money). I absolutely loved Peace Walker and MGS4 but havent played MGS 2 and 2 yet. Also, I remember myself playing P3P on PSP but i dont remember enjoying it.. Is it really THAT good?
    Do i really have to load my PSVITA with heaps of other content like handheld LBP? (it seems to be another PSVITA crappy game on youtube) Or all these new VITA franchises just arent worth my money? So i should stick with PSP classics? (oh i loved my PSP when it was still alive xD) Along with what i have as a + member.
    ..or just go ahead and buy a $89 worth 32gb memory card? Since i spend at work 12 hours a day and i want to have as many games as i can at a time.
    I know this is the one terrible wall of broken english but i really need your help xD
    Thx xoxo.

PRO Member

I just got my vita last month. So far i am really enjoying it. I am a member of ps+ so i got those free games that were available. I have platted uncharted and really liked playing it. I am playing gravity rush right now and so far it is a really good game. I got assassins creed and played through the first sequence. I dont think it is shit, and i am looking forward to getting into it some more. If you have ps+ you have like six games i think you can download for free to get you by till you free up some cash

THIS AWESOME AVY BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247
    THE EPIC SIG CREATED BY APOKOLYPZ

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kingway56 View Post
    If you have ps+ you have like six games i think you can download for free to get you by till you free up some cash
    My thoughts exactly! But not all of them seem to be interesting to everyone. Say, Knytt Underground. The main question remains. P4P or MGS HD or 32gb Mem card..

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I bought the Vita at launch and have been very happy with. It is my first hand-held and I mainly only really use it when I travel (which is pretty frequently). The 32GB memory card is pricey but for me it's kind of worth it to have all that space just in case. If it's out of your price range consider the 16GB. I currently have 7 games (6 of which are full download games) installed on my Vita which have eaten up 8GB of memory along with other apps (facebook, Youtube, and Netflix). As for the games, the current Instant Game Collection ones are some of the best I've played for the Vita so far. I haven't played P4P yet but I hear it's good. I do have the MGS Collection and it is good, it has been worth the money to me. I also thought that Super Stardust Delta was a good game and I hear Unit 13 is a good game as well if you're looking for suggestions. Hope this helps.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimaerah View Post
    I bought the Vita at launch and have been very happy with. It is my first hand-held and I mainly only really use it when I travel (which is pretty frequently). The 32GB memory card is pricey but for me it's kind of worth it to have all that space just in case. If it's out of your price range consider the 16GB. I currently have 7 games (6 of which are full download games) installed on my Vita which have eaten up 8GB of memory along with other apps (facebook, Youtube, and Netflix). As for the games, the current Instant Game Collection ones are some of the best I've played for the Vita so far. I haven't played P4P yet but I hear it's good. I do have the MGS Collection and it is good, it has been worth the money to me. I also thought that Super Stardust Delta was a good game and I hear Unit 13 is a good game as well if you're looking for suggestions. Hope this helps.
    Oh dear dude, ive read about all those games so many reviews, i knew theyre all equally good, that is why i cant decide xD

Lvl 7 - Gold

Correct me if I'm wrong, but It seems that your not fully interested in it. The Vita is a great system, but if we look at the counter parts (3DS), the 3DS is a far better choice in my opinion. You mention a lot of games and the ones you mentioned felt "crappy" to you. If you have a PSP and your enjoying it, I suggest you stick to it until the Vita can meet your standards. Like I said, it is a great system, but the lack of support is the reason why its selling poorly. Sure you have your Uncharted, LBP, and etc etc, but we aren't seeing much support for 2013.

Now for the games, If you are into JRPGs, or would like to try a JRPG, P4G (Persona 4 Golden) is a great game to pick up. It is very enjoyable and easy to pick up. When I first played Persona 4 (the original on PS2), I clocked in 100 hours on my first playthrough, and even that wasn't enough. If you played P3P (Persona 3 Portable), then most likely you will enjoy P4G. If you enjoyed games like Peace Walker and MGS4, then I would also recommend the MGS HD collection. I don't have it yet, but from what I heard they are amazing.

As for the memory card, like I said before the reason Vita isn't selling is because of its over priced memory cards. Technology advances daily, if you haven't noticed, and charging a person $100 for a 6432GB is a f*ckin ripoff. You can upgrade your PS3 to 1TB for around $100. Yes the Instant Game collection is great, but I can guarantee you a memory card below 16GB is useless if you have PS1, PSP, and Vita downloadable games.

I suggest you save your money until you witness the Vita crave your appetite to the point where you want to eat the plate. Overall, I won't be giving up my Vita anytime soon since I got it for such a wonderful price, but like I said this is entirely my opinion.
    Last edited by M40A3; 01-08-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: I put 64GB instead of 32GB. Still a ripoff.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You are right, sir. But i am sure Sony has something up its sleeve in some close future. It seems right now they have too much stuff to do with the upcoming next-gen consoles battle. Maybe that's how we could all explain that lack of support for PSVITA these days. Personally, what i am afraid of if we'll get to a situation where you'll have to buy a next gen PS in order to squeeze the limits out of your PSVITA. For example - the remote play WiiU has. I really wish i could use my ps3 and play ps3 games on the gorgeous vita display remotely from anywhere in my apartment.
    But come on! Rockstar is working on multiple titles for PSVITA and i am pretty sure they will sell the console itself. HD remakes of PS2 games will do the same job.
    So yeah, im gonna get paid for my youtube partnership soon, so ill just throw all the money for that 32gb memcard and Persona 4. Wont be able to buy anything else next two months, but anyway xD Thanks for your advice

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by horizoNiki View Post
    You are right, sir. But i am sure Sony has something up its sleeve in some close future. It seems right now they have too much stuff to do with the upcoming next-gen consoles battle. Maybe that's how we could all explain that lack of support for PSVITA these days. Personally, what i am afraid of if we'll get to a situation where you'll have to buy a next gen PS in order to squeeze the limits out of your PSVITA. For example - the remote play WiiU has. I really wish i could use my ps3 and play ps3 games on the gorgeous vita display remotely from anywhere in my apartment.
    But come on! Rockstar is working on multiple titles for PSVITA and i am pretty sure they will sell the console itself. HD remakes of PS2 games will do the same job.
    So yeah, im gonna get paid for my youtube partnership soon, so ill just throw all the money for that 32gb memcard and Persona 4. Wont be able to buy anything else next two months, but anyway xD Thanks for your advice
    Persona 4 is well worth the money and you will be happy with that decision. But if you want to get P3P I would say no, its not the same as P3. Maybe some day Sony will bring P3 FES to the Vita.

Sig by JakeSS14

Lvl 7 - Gold

Cool cool. I highly recommend Persona 4 Golden, you will enjoy it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Persona 4 is well worth the money and you will be happy with that decision. But if you want to get P3P I would say no, its not the same as P3. Maybe some day Sony will bring P3 FES to the Vita.
    Yeah i mentioned that in my 1st post, that i didnt enjoy P3P at all. My fav psp games were All the Rockstar Games titles, Rock Band Unplugged, Peace Walker and Crisis Core. I think i liked Disgaea though, my psp died the next day i bought that game

Angel of Death

I never played Persona 3, but P4G is an amazing game; GOTY for me. MGS HD is also a good choice, but there is a PS3 version that includes Peace Walker. If you were thinking about getting a 32 GB, you could just get P4G and MGS HD for the same price. You could also just get a 16 GB, which is cheaper, and holds a lot of games; I have a 16 GB myself.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I am actually loving my Vita right now, i only have 8 retail games, but that will keep me busy for now until i order a couple games next week when i get payed. I will be using it a lot now, as i will barely be home now meaning less time for the PS3, but i will be having a good free time between February - April to play all the new awesome games coming out and i can't wait for Killzone Vita, gonna be so fucking awesome

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Rangers F.C

IMO the Vita is a solid investment and is getting better all the time but it is still a bit away from where I personally would like it to be , the games coming to it and most of the games on it IMO are pretty poor and short , there are a lot of cool PSN titles but for me these do not attract me to it at all , apart from Uncharted , Unit 13 , Escape Plan , MGS the games have been poor yet again IMO . They need to release the whole PS2 catalogue and smaller titles of PS3 stores e.g Dead Nation . On topic if you just got it don't worry your good for about six months and I imagine because of the poor sales it will be a lot better in that time .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge