Wake-up Club app coming to NA store next week

This is a discussion on Wake-up Club app coming to NA store next week within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Let’s face it: getting up in the morning isn’t something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some ...

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Wake-up Club app coming to NA store next week

Let’s face it: getting up in the morning isn’t something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable. In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a—you guessed it—wake-up club!

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you’re now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players’ avatars, as well as who’s awake and who’s still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players’ avatars will “cheer” them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you’ll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen. Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group. Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you’ve managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you’ve managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

Next Tuesday, the application will be available to download for free on the PS Vita PlayStation Store in North America! Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

Q: Will there be trophies?
    A:
    Yes
    You can view the trophy list by going here http://www.ps3trophies.com/trophies/Wake-up-Club-Vita

Q: Can we make any song on our PS Vita our alarm?
    A:
    Different alarm tones can be chosen from the list provided by the app. There will be future DLCs with new alarm tones and themes.

Source: Start Your Morning With Wake-up Club For PS Vita Next Week – PlayStation Blog

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That's kind of cool. I don't constantly leave my Vita on though. So unless it powers the Vita on by itself I can't really use it. I'll still probably get it and set the alarm for a few minutes ahead of whatever time it is and get the trophies.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by Ruxpin View Post
    That's kind of cool. I don't constantly leave my Vita on though. So unless it powers the Vita on by itself I can't really use it. I'll still probably get it and set the alarm for a few minutes ahead of whatever time it is and get the trophies.
    Yeah if you can boost the trophies by making multiple alarm times in a day it'll be a piece of cake. If you can't...it's gonna take a while

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This will be so helpful for me. Can't count how many classes I've missed because I'm too damn lazy to get out of bed.

Change is mediocre

Really depends on the cost, I would really only get it for the trophies since I don't need an alarm to wake me up early.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Really depends on the cost, I would really only get it for the trophies since I don't need an alarm to wake me up early.
    It's free. Free trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I can just see my alarm clock, phone and vita all going off at the same time, and then me hurting someone. I hope we get that other app soon too, Travel Bug or whatever it was called.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I wish someone would spend their time making an actual game you can play on the vita.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I wish someone would spend their time making an actual game you can play on the vita.

Yeah, because there's none of those

Can't argue with free, one of the best things about the Vita is these small game/app hybrids, nice little time wasters that cost nothing.

Synthwave <3

Yay! It's about time it came to NA! It's great to hear that it's free too. You can't argue with that!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Can't argue with free, one of the best things about the Vita is these small game/app hybrids, nice little time wasters that cost nothing.

Multiplayer Alarm clock: Vita's killer app