Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Coming to Vita

This is a discussion on Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Coming to Vita within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Monster Hunter was supposed to come out in March on 3DS in Japan but has recently been pushed back to ...

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Coming to Vita

Monster Hunter was supposed to come out in March on 3DS in Japan but has recently been pushed back to the summer. One source says it is because Capcom is preparing a simultaneous MH4 release on both 3DS and vita.

The reason for the delay of the 3DS game Monster Hunter 4 isn’t to spend more time to improve the game’s quality: it appears that they’re considering a simultaneous release on PS Vita. Now, Sony is added to the mix in addition to Nintendo to discussing this point with Capcom.
    “Whilst originally it was said that the delay of MH4 was due to wanting to make a better quality game and graphics, the real reason appears to be that it may be released on the PS Vita to increase sales.”

Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Being Prepped For Vita Release - IGN

RUMOUR: Monster Hunter 4 Delayed For a Vita Release? | oprainfall

Lvl 8 - Gold

I wonder if Capcom would dare to pull this off?

Still, I think it'd be pretty cool if we got a MH on the Vita, but I've got my PSP MH games on my Vita soo....

Kiwi Defender

This is the game the Vita needs to actually sell units. Sony would be rather stupid if they don't bother Capcom into doing it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hopefully this happens. I've never played any of the MH games but I hear it's the game they need to move units (mostly in Japan) so they need this. If it happens, we can be sure we'll see a lot more devs working on new Vita games, which is what everyone needs.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Hope so, i miss playing Monster Hunter, plus if they do get it, there can be no excuses, the Vita must sell better..... In Japan.

For the US and Europe, i think a bloody good Rockstar game would do the trick.

INTJ

rumor has it im also the pope

even if it was true, how would a simultaneous launch help the vita?

Lord of all Goat-Men

Sigh...
    All I want for Christmas is a fully fledged console version of MH.

Angel of Death

The Nintendo Pope, like Applepope? lol

Anyway, I have to agree. Considering the 3DS is about 20 million units ahead, MH 4 wouldn't do the Vita any good. I would like a freaking MH game to be localized with trophies though.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    rumor has it im also the pope

even if it was true, how would a simultaneous launch help the vita?
    You're asking how releasing a game on the Vita, from a franchise that is Capcom's fourth best selling franchise of all-time is going to help the vita? I would guess that it would sell hundreds of thousands in the Asian Pacific region alone, if it was localized globally, bump that up to a million or seven.

Now why would somebody want to play it on the Vita over the 3DS? Dual analog sticks, trophies, graphical upgrade, familiarity of the franchise to the brand, etc;.

The question that should be asked is how the hell would Monster Hunter 4 not help the vita. It's a win-win for Capcom as well.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    You're asking how releasing a game on the Vita, from a franchise that is Capcom's fourth best selling franchise of all-time is going to help the vita? I would guess that it would sell hundreds of thousands in the Asian Pacific region alone, if it was localized globally, bump that up to a million or seven.

Now why would somebody want to play it on the Vita over the 3DS? Dual analog sticks, trophies, graphical upgrade, familiarity of the franchise to the brand, etc;.

The question that should be asked is how the hell would Monster Hunter 4 not help the vita. It's a win-win for Capcom as well.
    I'm glad someone beat me to it. I know that guy's niche is "doom and gloom", but I'm not sure how you could expect this to be anything but a net positive for the handheld. Sure, 3DS has a larger install base, but the fact is this game would move units for those reasons alone.

Latest Platinum: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV)
    Next Platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Twitter: @JEWombat

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It'll help the vita somewhat but with the 3DS being owned by a higher number of people who might not own a vita, I doubt this will persuade them to part with money for another handheld. Still, it's good for current vita owners.

INTJ

You're asking how releasing a game on the Vita, from a franchise that is Capcom's fourth best selling franchise of all-time is going to help the vita?
    Because the 3DS Install-base is shitloads bigger than the vita and the vita would basically be a shitty 3DS port?

Because the 3DS Install-base is shitloads bigger than the vita and the vita would basically be a shitty 3DS port?
    Lovely state of deduction based off of absolutely nothing on your part. You know what happens when you assume.

INTJ

Lovely state of deduction based off of absolutely nothing on your part. You know what happens when you assume.
    were in a thread with a rumor that has no basis either.

i can print some japanese text that says PS vita too, doesn't mean it's true.

were in a thread with a rumor that has no basis either.

i can print some japanese text that says PS vita too, doesn't mean it's true.
    So just because we're lurking in the realm of rumors means that this is automatically horrible if true for Vita becuase... you assume it would be a bad port, and that the 3DS (because it is your preferred platform) would be the preferred platform for everybody, and it wouldn't sell well on the Vita, or move units? Okay....

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    It'll help the vita somewhat but with the 3DS being owned by a higher number of people who might not own a vita, I doubt this will persuade them to part with money for another handheld. Still, it's good for current vita owners.
    One never knows, though. Some people may think "Hey, now I have an actual reason to own a VITA as well", or they simply preffer the button lay-out of the VITA or want to remember what it was like playing Monster Hunter on a Sony handheld. I'm sure many people won't bother due to owning a 3DS, but there's bound to be people who will bother anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    I wonder if Capcom would dare to pull this off?

Still, I think it'd be pretty cool if we got a MH on the Vita, but I've got my PSP MH games on my Vita soo....
    Capcom loves money and you know what?
    Capcom may lose 50 buyers by bringing it to Vita, but gain 100+

INTJ

hey look im right again.

Capcom responds to Monster Hunter 4 Vita rumors - Destructoid

Monster Hunter 4 is no doubt going to be a massive win for the 3DS. The combination of traction Nintendo's handheld already has, along with the massive install base, and the incredible success of the Monster Hunter series is great news for Nintendo.

Naturally, Sony would love to get their hands on it and sell some Vitas. Recently, a rumor surfaced saying this very thing was the reason for the 3DS delay and that Capcom was developing a Vita version in tandem with the 3DS.

That is, until Capcom Senior Vice President Christian Svenson had something to say about it:

I would not believe everything you read on the internet. It will set you up for disappointment or misdirected frustration.

Take that as you will, but to me, it feels like a soft "not happening." In my opinion, the Vita needs this. If it can't get a massive system selling game pretty soon, I don't know what to think.

when will you guys actually start listening to me instead of feeding your terrible unfounded rumors

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Thank you for the update Ps360

closing down for now

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Thank you for the update Ps360

closing down for now