Famitsu Survey Shows High PS Vita Demand in Japan

This is a discussion on Famitsu Survey Shows High PS Vita Demand in Japan within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Famitsu Magazine conducted a survey to their readers on which console they think they'll be buying for the year 2013. ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Famitsu Survey Shows High PS Vita Demand in Japan

Famitsu Magazine conducted a survey to their readers on which console they think they'll be buying for the year 2013. Among the top 3 were Sony`s Playstation Vita, the Nintendo DS and the Wii U. Following 4th and 8th were the Sony PS3 and the Vita`s predecessor, the PSP. Famitsu Magazine is one of the most widely spread and respected video game magazines in Japan. However, the survey does not determine whether its readers already own console during the time the survey was conducted. Although, we can expect these results reflect the increasing interest in the Playstation Vita.

The full list of most desirable consoles in Japan, according to Famitsu, can be found below:
    1. PS Vita - 64%
    2. 3DS - 48%
    3. Wii U - 34%
    4. PS3 - 25%
    5. PC - 14%
    6. Xbox 360 - 11%
    7. Smartphone - 10%
    8. PSP - 10%
    9. Wii - 9%
    10. iPad - 7%
    11. DSi / DSiXL - 5%
    12. iPhone - 5%
    13. iPod Touch - 4%
    14. Other - 2%
    PS Vita News: Vita is Japan's most desired console, Famitsu survey suggests - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Will you be buying a console this year?

Chocobo Master

The math has to be wrong here. What areas did they poll this b.s? Go to places where the population of foreigners are under 2% then you will see the true numbers.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Negator

This is false. Nobody wants PS Vita, not even Japanese consumers.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

I got a Vita last week, about freakin' time

This console is amazing, I don't see anything wrong with people wanting it
    I for example was only able to get one now because I didn't have the money and I can presume that I am not the only one with this problem

Angel of Death

The 3DS and PS3 beat it out in sales on a week to week basis, so it's in demand there, but definitely not number one.

INTJ

we interviewed tons of people* in japan

*that work at sony

PRO Member

It's so funny watching people hate on the Vita, but hey if they wanna miss out on a truly remarkable hardware achievment for gaming then by all means go ahead, but I certainly won't.

Change is mediocre

Yes, the people are just raging over PS Vitas while iPhones aren't even looked at.

Kiwi Defender

Who the hell did Famitsu interview? If there was a high demand for VITAs at Japan, then the VITA would be obviously selling a crapton of units over there, yet the thing is hardly selling .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Rangers F.C

I had a Vita for six months then gave it away , I played all the games that interested me on it and tried to find some big titles that were on the horizon but there were none , none that I liked anyway , no devs were taking a risk on it ( cant blame them because of very poor sales ) . The only thing that can save the Vita now is some kind of sync with the PS4 like whats been getting rumored lately . It is a fantastic little gadget but it has been very poorly handled from the start .

Most of the Vita exclusives are short and poor IMO except the obvious few MGS and so on , it needs something from these franchises - Fallout , Dead Space , Resident Evil , Elder Scrolls , Killzone , Boarderlands , GTA ( new ) , Saints Row and many others , it looks to me that the system is being aimed at kids but its good enough to cater for hardcore gamers too but the hardcore gamers need quality games .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsminion View Post
    It's so funny watching people hate on the Vita, but hey if they wanna miss out on a truly remarkable hardware achievment for gaming then by all means go ahead, but I certainly won't.
    By all means let me retort my thoughts, my opinions and my views: Because a few people thinks the Vita is the best thing since slice bread doesn't make it all that great. Those same people are so quick to bash Nintendo & Xbox but when the Vita (thanks to West for rushing development) gets attack then it's a tit for tat that Vita can't win. Sadly the Vita shall be a third rate citizen here in Japan. It has hardware ok but the games are more Western tailored. I personally haven't seen a Vita in the hands of the 6 to 17 year old crowd plus I live in the middle of 2 major cities. The Vita isn't for everyone. If people want to say that we are missing out then in return I can assume I am able to say "Y'all need to drive a Mercedes-Benz or BMW, best cars out there". The Vita isn't for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Who the hell did Famitsu interview? If there was a high demand for VITAs at Japan, then the VITA would be obviously selling a crapton of units over there, yet the thing is hardly selling .
    The only way I can see those numbers that high are from the U.S military bases and the non-Japanes buying them for their family in poor asian countries.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Ghost Assassin

I'm sure there could be a decent demand for ps vitas, but I think the fact that you have to buy overpriced memory separately is what's putting most people off. The 32gb card costs $100 while a 32gb microsd costs $32, heck you can double that and buy a 64gb micro sd which costs around $59 on amazon. Nobody wants to buy a console that will require you to buy extra memory for it right away. The game library is still limited, but I think it's slowly coming along.