Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it worth to buy a PSvita just for one game?

This is a discussion on Is it worth to buy a PSvita just for one game? within the General PS Vita Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So it goes like this. Persona 4 Golden is going to have it's european premiere soon but sadly I don't ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Is it worth to buy a PSvita just for one game?

So it goes like this. Persona 4 Golden is going to have it's european premiere soon but sadly I don't own Vita yet... As a big Persona franchise fan I've been looking forward for this title for a long time now but still...Getting Vita just for a one game is kinda lame idea to me however I really want to play that game badly. What should I do?

PRO Member

If you want it, get it.

There will likely be other Vita games you might enjoy.

In the US, there's a promotion right now of a different free PS mobile game a week for 6 weeks. The only way to get these is via the Mobile store on your Mobile device (Xperia) or the Vita store.

Then with Plus there's the Instant Collection. Approx. 12-18 Vita compatible games over the year. As well as the PS3 portion of Plus.

For me, the LBP2 Cross-controller DLC is the main thing I'm getting it for. I don't have one yet, but my birthday's 2 weeks away.
    77th platinum: LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes (PS3). 86th PSN/non-platinum 100%: My Singing Monsters. NightRaven77's Trophy Checklist

NSFW

It's not worth buying any console for just one game.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I was going to get a vita but then I realized just for a few games is a huge waste of money
    They don't make many titles that are worth buying IMO
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

♚ Overlord ♔

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovich777 View Post
    So it goes like this. Persona 4 Golden is going to have it's european premiere soon but sadly I don't own Vita yet... As a big Persona franchise fan I've been looking forward for this title for a long time now but still...Getting Vita just for a one game is kinda lame idea to me however I really want to play that game badly. What should I do?
    I always end up doing that, I bought a ps2 purely for kingdom hearts and ps3 for final fantasy XIII but today I have over a hundred games for each console! You never know what that one system will get in the future. Hell man just do it the Vita is really cool if you got a ps3 cause you can cross play and transfer. I did it for persona 4 golden too I platted it and I have 7 games for it already. Woo! The only downside that makes people not want the Vita is the memory card. 32GB for 99$?!

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I was going to get a vita but then I realized just for a few games is a huge waste of money
    They don't make many titles that are worth buying IMO
    This , only difference was I got mine then noticed .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

La Mano de Dios

I was one of those that preordered the Vita and so far no regrets. It's really powerful and still very promising, not so many games ATM, but I hope for more on the nearby future.

Kiwi Defender

It really depends. I wouldn't advice to buying a console/handheld just for one game. However, you do say you are a big Persona fan, so I'm sure you'd enjoy the game a lot, justifying the purchase of the Vita. I also think there's bound to be a few more games you'd consider worth buying for the system in the following months/years, so give it a go.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I bought mine for Persona 4 but being a PSN+ member helps me get other titles as well.

Up the Irons!

I say yes, because you are really looking forward to the game and the Vita is still young, so it will definitely be getting more games in the future. I highly doubt you won't like any of them.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

id honestly say get it..... i knew i was gonna buy the vita for Phantasy Star online 2 which isn't even out yet....... that was one game i know id get it for, but when i knew about the Assassin's creed Game/Vita, in which im a major AC Fan..... i brought the Assassin's Creed white vita Bundle....... and ever since i got it i have been loving the vita... i have been more on my vita than i have my Ps3, lol
    since buying it i just got Uncharted 3 and Black Ops for the vita........... (only got them b/c they were on sale around the new year's sale time) but even so...it's worth it, even if you just want one game, i guarantee you'll end up coming across more games for the vita that you will end up buying

-i- love myself.

I'd say yes because of all the reasons given above. There are going to be a lot of great games releasing for the PS Vita soon and it would be worth it purchasing one now and enjoy Persona 4 Golden. :thumsbup:

arrghhargahragharahg

If you have the money, then yes!!
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Come to think of it there's no need to rush at all. It's true I've been looking forward for this title for a long time but.I think I can wait a little while longer. (Maybe 'till Vita's price drop or once more cool games comes out)
    BTW. Thank you all for your words of advice. Much appreciate!

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

if you had PS+ I would recommend getting it now; you can get Uncharted and Gravity Rush for free along with a slew of other strong titles. Aside from the battery life, you can use it for movies while commuting. Persona is a lengthy game so you could get your money's worth, but then again if you want to play it a LOT consecutively, the battery life will annoy you.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Angel of Death

I doubt it will be the only game you'll play. I bought a 3DS only for Kingdom Hearts 3D, but I bought a lot of other games over time too.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I seriously considered to buy a xbox 360 just for forza4, but yes, i think the vita is worth it becouse it is so much more, internet, youtube, twitter...ond so on. I don't think it will stay at just one game...What amazes me every day is the extreme picture quality, but yes, the battery life is a bit short. When you are away a lot you could use the extra backup battery.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Platinum Dohvakiin

Me personally I wouldn't buy one just for one game. I would wait until there were more games I would want to play on it, before I bought one. I considered buying an 360 just to play Fable and Alan Wake, but decided against it, because it wasn't worth the money to play a 2 titles.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I got mine for next to nothing, i have played it every day for over a month from Gravity Rush and Frobisher Says to Resident Evil Nemesis and Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz, i can't say i'm bored having yet to play most of the bigger games like LBP Vita, NFS and the like.

It's worth it, if you embrace every level of it, that's big retail games, freebies, PSN types, PSone and PSP games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think it's worth it because PS Vita is like 'New Born Babies' in this console world. I do kinda considered before buying Vita for the first time because there's no game I like but suddenly appear Persona 4 Golden, Project Diva F by those two Title already make me want to buy Vita

Anyway, after I have it now I can say "it's Worth it to buy" especially if there is a game you like. Now I'm just gonna wait Senran Kagura and Oboro Muramasa to release

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast